• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Thaumcraft 4 : how do you clean taint

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

ChargedCreapah1

Posted 16 October 2013 - 04:49 PM

in thaumcraft 4 and thaumictinker there dosent seem to be a way to clean up taint, correct me if im wrong

Register or log in to remove.

Kerydwenn

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:32 AM

If I'm not mistaken, planting Silverwood trees around a Tainted area can reduce, or at least block it (you have to be careful, and plant your saplings far enough so that they have time to grow before being covered in Taint).
Or you can disable Taint spreading in your config file, but that's not very interesting, is it.

I'm yet to really test TC4, though, so I hope I'm not too far off the mark. The TC4 thread, at least, states that there is a way to combat Taint, so...
If you ever feel like dying to help the universe, just let me know. I’ll be waiting.
/人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\

khruzili
    khruzili

Newly Spawned

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 06:21 AM

A silverwood tree will start cleaning up a taint biome, and Etherial Blooms will halt the spread of taint up to 8 blocks around them. As for taint/flux produced from infusion crafting that is in a liquid form, I know of no ways to clean that up, doesn't seem to go away over time either.

ItsiAdam
    ItsiAdam

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:17 AM

View Postkhruzili, on 15 November 2013 - 06:21 AM, said:

A silverwood tree will start cleaning up a taint biome, and Etherial Blooms will halt the spread of taint up to 8 blocks around them. As for taint/flux produced from infusion crafting that is in a liquid form, I know of no ways to clean that up, doesn't seem to go away over time either.
A silverwood tree with a pure node will turn the biome into a magical forest 4-5 blocks around it, you're right about Etheral Blooms.
Taint/Flux generated from Infusion Crafting and Cauldrons can be removed by simply placing a block on it.
Who am I? I'm iAdam____ :P
Please remember to Quote me, and if you found my post useful give it a Posted Image
I'm trying an experiment about cheese, can you fill it in please? <3 (Click)

Killgore32
  • Minecraft: Killgore32

Posted 18 November 2013 - 03:13 PM

View PostiAdam____, on 15 November 2013 - 07:17 AM, said:

A silverwood tree with a pure node will turn the biome into a magical forest 4-5 blocks around it, you're right about Etheral Blooms.
Taint/Flux generated from Infusion Crafting and Cauldrons can be removed by simply placing a block on it.

Taint caused by infusion/cauldrons seems to just eat any block you try to place on it, or at the very least keep you from placing it.  the only way I have been able to eliminate it is by pouring lava over it, but that leads to another host of issues in itself.
Check out my server here:

LuN4rN0v4
  • Minecraft: epoch86

Posted 23 December 2013 - 10:55 PM

Is there really no way of getting rid of this flux stuff other than lava?
Posted Image

Saxdasm
    Saxdasm

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Minecraft: Saxdasm

Posted 24 December 2013 - 12:53 AM

I just punch a hole in the floor and let it get below my house and cover it up >.>

No clue if that is a good idea or not but it gets rid of the purple flux...so far...