Latest News Article

[1.5.x][1.6.x][1.7.2][Forge][SMP] Vein Miner - Quickly mine veins of ore

forge 1.5.0 1.5.1 1.5.2 1.6.1 1.6.2 1.6.4 1.7.2

• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

fatboychummy

Posted 23 December 2013 - 12:25 AM

View Postportablejim, on 15 October 2013 - 03:20 AM, said:

In order to get the most out of Veinminer, you should edit the VeinMiner.cfg config file.

I cant find the veinminer.cfg file; does it come with the download?

EDIT: I used the in-game veinminer setting (/veinminer toollist add [tool]) but it doesnt work. ..
EDIT(2): Question, Is this mod for just Ubuntu???? just asking because of ur profile pic...... (and does it also work on windows 8???)

Register or log in to remove.

hammer159

Posted 23 December 2013 - 02:39 AM

is there a way for me to make the fist a tool??
Posted Image

DarkOriginality

Posted 25 December 2013 - 09:36 PM

i have installed this mod on my ftb unleashed and it wont work. I have set my activate veinminer button to "b" and it still doesnt work even with a diamond pick on iron ore.

Taintedcake003
  • Minecraft: taintedcake003

Posted 25 December 2013 - 10:31 PM

View PostDarkOriginality, on 25 December 2013 - 09:36 PM, said:

i have installed this mod on my ftb unleashed and it wont work. I have set my activate veinminer button to "b" and it still doesnt work even with a diamond pick on iron ore.

unleashed is 1.5, do you have a 1.5 version of veinminer?

Also, I'm having an issue myself, I added this to the 1.6 FTB Horizons Pack and everytime I try to veinmine redstone it doesn't work, it only minds the one block. It works with everything else that I have tried, but not redstone.

Taintedcake003
  • Minecraft: taintedcake003

Posted 26 December 2013 - 12:09 PM

View Posthammer159, on 23 December 2013 - 02:39 AM, said:

is there a way for me to make the fist a tool??

It's in the config for the mod

At the very bottom of your config file you will find:

# Allow all tools, including the open hand, to be used to mine blocks.
    B:override.allTools=false

change the word "false" to "true" and then relaunch or game

View Postfatboychummy, on 23 December 2013 - 12:25 AM, said:

I cant find the veinminer.cfg file; does it come with the download?

EDIT: I used the in-game veinminer setting (/veinminer toollist add [tool]) but it doesnt work. ..
EDIT(2): Question, Is this mod for just Ubuntu???? just asking because of ur profile pic...... (and does it also work on windows 8???)

1: the veinminer config file is created when you install the mod and launch your game, it can be found in your .minecraft folder (if you added it to a modpack, such as ftb, the location will be different)

2: whether or not this works is dependent on your minecraft game, having Windows8 shouldn't effect the functionality of the mod.

View PostTheMastas, on 18 December 2013 - 08:45 PM, said:

I have an problem with the config file. I added veinminer into Horizon and now I can't edit the configfile. I am using the newest version of veinminer and have tried with and without mod support.

what is happening when you try to edit the config file?...

nmagod
    nmagod

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:56 AM

I'm having "serious" problems with veinminer, exactly two of them.

1 - Nether Quartz is being ignored COMPLETELY.

By which I mean, no matter what I do, I only ever get one block mined at a time. Whether the mode is set to auto or sneak, or whatever, no matter what tool I use (and have correctly added, believe me, railcraft steel pickaxes work fine for almost every ore (see problem 2) but nether quartz, nope) I get JUST THE ONE BLOCK AT A TIME.

2 - Redstone ore is being ignored (unless I ding each additional ore block so it's "lit up") and this seems stupid, since the lit and unlit redstone ore should have the same block ID, just different metadata (and using a blanket block ID works for mods that do that, like gregtech, or metallurgy) so I don't get this, either.

portablejim

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:13 PM

View Postnmagod, on 30 December 2013 - 12:56 AM, said:

I'm having "serious" problems with veinminer, exactly two of them.

1 - Nether Quartz is being ignored COMPLETELY.

By which I mean, no matter what I do, I only ever get one block mined at a time. Whether the mode is set to auto or sneak, or whatever, no matter what tool I use (and have correctly added, believe me, railcraft steel pickaxes work fine for almost every ore (see problem 2) but nether quartz, nope) I get JUST THE ONE BLOCK AT A TIME.

2 - Redstone ore is being ignored (unless I ding each additional ore block so it's "lit up") and this seems stupid, since the lit and unlit redstone ore should have the same block ID, just different metadata (and using a blanket block ID works for mods that do that, like gregtech, or metallurgy) so I don't get this, either.

The default configs have redstone working, and nether quartz can be enabled by adding 153:0 to the pickaxe whitelist. This can be achieved ingame by
/veinminer blocklist pickaxe add 153:0

Are you using a modpack?
I just tested with FTB Monster and Railcraft pickaxes work on both Nether Quartz and Redstone with their configs.

The_Resistanc3

Posted 01 January 2014 - 10:55 PM

Hello, I cannot get Veinminer to work on my server. I have it in the mods folder, but there is no /veinminer command in game and there is nothing in /help and i changed the hotkey and just tried using it multiple times but I cannot get it to work and it is frustrating me.

Edit: I am running a madpack server.

deathcomes

Posted 02 January 2014 - 02:37 AM

Hi portablejim! I won't praise you for your mod because you already know that everybody loves it! To the point now. I'm getting the next crash can you help out?

http://pastebin.com/6rZAREn1

This happened while i was trying to load the client

portablejim

Posted 02 January 2014 - 10:28 PM

View Postdeathcomes, on 02 January 2014 - 02:37 AM, said:

Hi portablejim! I won't praise you for your mod because you already know that everybody loves it! To the point now. I'm getting the next crash can you help out?

http://pastebin.com/6rZAREn1

This happened while i was trying to load the client
You need to update VeinMiner Mod Support

View PostThe_Resistanc3, on 01 January 2014 - 10:55 PM, said:

Hello, I cannot get Veinminer to work on my server. I have it in the mods folder, but there is no /veinminer command in game and there is nothing in /help and i changed the hotkey and just tried using it multiple times but I cannot get it to work and it is frustrating me.

Edit: I am running a madpack server.
You need to install it on the server, not just the client.

DeathByTheP

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:56 PM

I downloaded the 1.6.4 version of veinminer and tried to use it on FTB. it works however even though i launched it already, the config file was non-existing. either im not looking in the right place or it just isnt showing up. i have tried redownloading and launching again to see if it changed but it did nothing. i have run out of ideas.

kj6cea
    kj6cea

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:31 AM

So I hate to be "that guy" but I am curious as to why vein miner isn't working completely for me. I am running FTB Monster 1.0.1. I have put it in mods folder via the launcher, after the config file was generated I swapped it out for the config's that StrayMav (a twitch streamer) uses. When the veinminer is on, it will only do veins of the whitelisted materials even though the two overides for tools and all items are set to "true".

What gets vein mined:
Coal
Iron
Gold
some various ores

What doesnt get mined:
oak wood with an axe
stone with a pickaxe (as should be enabled via overides)
sand/gravel/dirt/grass with a fist (as should be enabled via overides)

Any Ideas as to why it isn't working for me?

superkid6777

Posted 10 January 2014 - 12:43 AM

it dont work with cobble i try it to kock out cobb just donr work

GiantSapling

Posted 11 January 2014 - 07:43 PM

I took a look at the config file and didn't find an option to change the drop rates of trees. It would be great if we could change the rarity of fruit & saplings. Whenever I use this to chop down trees and leaves I end up with an overwhelming amount of saplings and very few apples.

portablejim

Posted 15 January 2014 - 09:53 PM

Updated VeinMiner to 0.9

View Postsuperkid6777, on 10 January 2014 - 12:43 AM, said:

it dont work with cobble i try it to kock out cobb just donr work
You need to add cobble to the pickaxe block whitelist. Have a look at the config file.

View PostGiantSapling, on 11 January 2014 - 07:43 PM, said:

I took a look at the config file and didn't find an option to change the drop rates of trees. It would be great if we could change the rarity of fruit & saplings. Whenever I use this to chop down trees and leaves I end up with an overwhelming amount of saplings and very few apples.
Sorry, can't do that. I just call the destroy-block method that the tool normally uses, so I have no control over drop rates.

thatsIch

Posted 16 January 2014 - 03:41 PM

what are the changes to 0.9?

XxRezolutionHDxX

Posted 16 January 2014 - 05:07 PM

Does it only work with certain tools?

portablejim

Posted 16 January 2014 - 09:37 PM

View PostthatsIch, on 16 January 2014 - 03:41 PM, said:

what are the changes to 0.9?
They are in the changelog show with each download.

View PostXxRezolutionHDxX, on 16 January 2014 - 05:07 PM, said:

Does it only work with certain tools?
Yes, but you can configure the tools it works with in the config file.

yoyodawulf

Posted 17 January 2014 - 05:01 PM

i am having some difficulty with using the mod. for some reason, when i use veinminer, it mines out a whole big area, with all the blocks in it, not just the vein that i mined. is there a option in the config file that can fix this?

portablejim

Posted 17 January 2014 - 11:20 PM

View Postyoyodawulf, on 17 January 2014 - 05:01 PM, said:

i am having some difficulty with using the mod. for some reason, when i use veinminer, it mines out a whole big area, with all the blocks in it, not just the vein that i mined. is there a option in the config file that can fix this?
It's a bug. It will be fixed soon.

It has been fixed now.