Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Team Avo and bad packets threats


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
18 replies to this topic

#1

daHboyzz
  • Location: Mind Your Own (Blocked) Buisness.

Posted 12 March 2011 - 04:53 AM

Hi everyone, I host  a minecraft multiplayer server. I had a player with the ign of "Whytrykid", and I banned him because he was stealing and griefing. He got mad at one of my operators and threatened to get TEAM AVO to send bad packets too my server. COULD THIS HAPPEN? What should I do to protect it? thanks!
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

#2

endofzero

Posted 12 March 2011 - 06:25 AM

daHboyzz said:

Hi everyone, I host  a minecraft multiplayer server. I had a player with the ign of "Whytrykid", and I banned him because he was stealing and griefing. He got mad at one of my operators and threatened to get TEAM AVO to send bad packets too my server. COULD THIS HAPPEN? What should I do to protect it? thanks!

Probably a DDOS of some sort... IF it happens, you can report the IPs to the FBI.
MC Sheller - Automated Shell Script git - MC Log Parser - Hub

Lulz

MoonBeans said:

As far as I've heard, Sk89q is a virus. Not sure though!

#3

HonestFlames
  • Minecraft: HonestFlames

Posted 12 March 2011 - 07:17 AM

Team Avo are kids with short attention-spans. If this guy even can make good on his threat, you'll not suffer for very long.

#4

TonyMontana214

Posted 14 March 2011 - 04:24 AM

yea dont get me mad i actually know the guy from team avo, the leader in fact, so yea....watch out >:SSSS:
He's my best bud ad he smart contrary to the guy above me quote

#5

stonebringer
  • Location: Sweden

Posted 14 March 2011 - 04:59 AM

Well, the best thing to do if you suspect your server will be attacked, don't let anyone in. use frequent backups, keep watching the server/logs. and report them to the authorities. Make sure you have a firewall running aswell.

#6

NateN34
    NateN34

    Diamond Miner

  • Members
  • 725 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 02:37 PM

Actually I have just had it happen to me. They send bad packets to the server, which in turn freezes the whole server up and throws bad packet id errors.

Get the latest CraftBukkit and it will stop this exploit, among many others that team AVO uses.

#7

ob56
    ob56

    Diamond Miner

  • Members
  • 763 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 08:07 PM

Well...no No they wont,Cause they do actually have better things to do,Dont worry,there target is reddit and MCbans,if your hosting aerver on those...even i still doubt it...dont worry
Mod edit: Shairn used lock!
It's super effective!
Pointless thread has fainted!

This is why i love MC fourm's moderators

#8

mkwii
    mkwii

    Zombie Killer

  • Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 02:01 AM

This is very unlikely, as Team Avo probably has better things to do than send bad packets to random servers.

Troubletcat said:

hey guize i wuz in my house and then I saw wut loked liek a crapper in corner but then it wuz cactus!?!?! iz ths hemoburn?

#9

NateN34
    NateN34

    Diamond Miner

  • Members
  • 725 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 03:45 AM

mkwii said:

This is very unlikely, as Team Avo probably has better things to do than send bad packets to random servers.

Yeh, probably not Team AVO, but someone was.

#10

warty
    warty

    Iron Miner

  • Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 09:00 AM

TonyMontana214 said:

yea dont get me mad i actually know the guy from team avo, the leader in fact, so yea....watch out >-_-
He's my best bud ad he smart contrary to the guy above me quote

How pathetic. Judging by your spelling and grammar, likely everybody seems smart to you. With Avo meaning afternoon in most English dialects, does this mean you are a team of 5 year olds who can only play in the avo, after that you need a nice nappy nap and thumb sucking session?

#11

Sacredify

Posted 16 March 2011 - 09:05 AM

Griefers will be griefers. Sadly, there really isn't much you can do if they grief IN the server, but as someone said, if they do DOS or DDOS you (distributed denial of service) you can report their IP's (with proof...) to law enforcement. It is against the law bro.

#12

diddydom
    diddydom

    Out of the Water

  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 10:04 AM

if they do come to your server just tell them they deserve ice cream an its not that hard after that they'll leave you alone
Posted Image

#13

HonestFlames
  • Minecraft: HonestFlames

Posted 19 March 2011 - 10:32 AM

Sacredify said:

Griefers will be griefers. Sadly, there really isn't much you can do if they grief IN the server, but as someone said, if they do DOS or DDOS you (distributed denial of service) you can report their IP's (with proof...) to law enforcement. It is against the law bro.

I'm sure the FBI has better things to do with their time than deal with upset Minecraft admins.

If an attack lasts less than an hour, I'm going to do nothing about it other than maybe plug a few of the offending IP's into a firewall deny rule.

If it lasts longer than an hour, then there are a couple of routes available to help evade the problem.

If it lasts longer than half a day, I'll just make a call to my ISP and have them deal with it.

#14

Flenix
    Flenix

    Lapis Lazuli Collector

  • Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1066 posts
  • Location: Northampton, UK
  • Minecraft: Flenix
  • Xbox:Flenix

Posted 19 March 2011 - 06:11 PM

I really dont understand team avo, what are they trying to accomplish?

I get the attacks on the MCban servers, I don't agree it but I understand the reasoning, they don't like the fact that if they're banned from one server they're banned from countless others. Its annoying but I do see a reason there at least.

As for reddit and private servers, I really don't get why? Is there actually any reasons other than a few hits on youtube?
This is what I hate about youtube, ti seems to be becoming some peoples lifeforce, they need more hits to become "famous" - noone loves griefers except other griefers. Go outside and do something with your life

Then theres the higher up Avo members, the ones who do the hacking and shit, why don't they do something worthwhile? They clearly do well with computers, so they could use their knowledge to write a program that they could make a lot of money from, instead of wasting their time greifing on a game, which 9 times out of 10 takes a fraction of the time spent griefing to undo it.

Finally, you have the copycats, people pretending to be members/know members of Avo, and then go and grief just to be "cool". They tend to be about 12-14, and even team Avo laugh at their patheticness...

so yeah, moral of my message: Avo could do useful things with their lives, they should stop wasting it on minecraft.
(as for the bad packets thing, yes it is illegal for them to do that, and law enforcements have to get involved whether they "want" to or not, so if they do it you might as well report with the evidence, nothing to lose :SSSS:)

Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Paving the way to a better world! Posted Image Posted Image


#15

borndeadman

Posted 21 March 2011 - 10:02 PM

first,You can not get arrested by greifing only way to get arrested is to break a game yes they freeze servers But, they don't break minecraft.
- snip -

Warned by moderator: Langauge
Proud HBG & Gameon Member

#16

HonestFlames
  • Minecraft: HonestFlames

Posted 21 March 2011 - 10:21 PM

"shit about Team Avo"



Oops.

#17

Metal_Webb

Posted 21 March 2011 - 10:35 PM

borndeadman said:

first,You can not get arrested by greifing only way to get arrested is to break a game yes they freeze servers But, they don't break minecraft.

Yes, you can get arrested for what they are doing. The griefing, who cares about that. The bad packet spamming and crashing servers however that is ILLEGAL. It annoys me that 14 year olds pretend to know what they're talking about and its one of the key reasons I'm starting to become fed up with the MC community. Its full of 12 YO that clearly need an attitude adjustment and need to quit pretending they know what they're talking about.

/rant

Posted Image


#18

NateN34
    NateN34

    Diamond Miner

  • Members
  • 725 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 11:00 PM

Metal_Webb said:

borndeadman said:

first,You can not get arrested by greifing only way to get arrested is to break a game yes they freeze servers But, they don't break minecraft.

Yes, you can get arrested for what they are doing. The griefing, who cares about that. The bad packet spamming and crashing servers however that is ILLEGAL. It annoys me that 14 year olds pretend to know what they're talking about and its one of the key reasons I'm starting to become fed up with the MC community. Its full of 12 YO that clearly need an attitude adjustment and need to quit pretending they know what they're talking about.

/rant

Lmao.

#19

PhonicUK
    PhonicUK

    Lapis Lazuli Collector

  • Members
  • 1090 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 03:17 AM

I don't think this thread has anything much else to offer and it's starting to degenerate in here.

Locked.

McMyAdmin WebUI for MC Servers (Windows, Linux, Mac OS)  Website - Wiki - Thread - Server List
Posted Image
http://CanIHostAMinecraftServer.com