• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Ars Magica 2 (1.6.4) - Version 1.1.2b (Updated Jan 27)

magic spells am2 mithion ars magica

• Please log in to reply
3788 replies to this topic

Corbent
    Corbent

Carpenter

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:41 PM

I have liked Ars Magica so far. But I'm not sure about that new Sigil things. I think I hate it. I hope it can be disabled.

Register or log in to remove.

Thyrllann
  • Minecraft: Thyrllann

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:09 PM

View PostVaygrim, on 04 December 2013 - 05:00 PM, said:

Maybe I am missing it somewhere but... is there a way to move the AM2 GUI elements around while 'in game', or am I required to do it via config file?

Use the /amuicfg command
Angels are bright, though the brightest fell. Though all things foul would wear the brows of grace; Still grace must look so.
And by the way; Who is John Galt?

DarkSteamy

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:20 PM

View PostCorbent, on 04 December 2013 - 07:41 PM, said:

I have liked Ars Magica so far. But I'm not sure about that new Sigil things. I think I hate it. I hope it can be disabled.

Wow really? You haven't even tried it. If its the principle of automation you hate, then just don't use it. Lots of people like automation, which is better than the dull repetitiveness of farming and gathering wood. This is magic, we have better things to do. These Sigils look hard to make, and are a welcome reward for high level magi.

Thank you Mithion.

For anyone else, care to explain what the Accelerate spell does, and what it goes well with?

Corbent
    Corbent

Carpenter

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:29 PM

View PostDarkSteamy, on 04 December 2013 - 08:20 PM, said:

Wow really? You haven't even tried it. If its the principle of automation you hate, then just don't use it. Lots of people like automation, which is better than the dull repetitiveness of farming and gathering wood. This is magic, we have better things to do. These Sigils look hard to make, and are a welcome reward for high level magi.

Thank you Mithion.

For anyone else, care to explain what the Accelerate spell does, and what it goes well with?

I find that degree of automation ridiculous.

And the "hard to make" aspect has been discussed in a lot of other places (specially equivalent exchange) and I'm on the side that "the fact an item is ridiculously expensive to make doesn't mean it doesn't break the game".

I would like a config line to disable sigils in my server.

Malexion

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:37 PM

View PostCorbent, on 04 December 2013 - 08:29 PM, said:

I find that degree of automation ridiculous.

And the "hard to make" aspect has been discussed in a lot of other places (specially equivalent exchange) and I'm on the side that "the fact an item is ridiculously expensive to make doesn't mean it doesn't break the game".

I would like a config line to disable sigils in my server.

It was stated somewhere that it would be allowed to disable it in some form or shape, no need to get bent out of shape over a little time saver.

There was even talk of splitting it off into an add-on mod.

Personally I'm all for something that means I get more time exploring and building and less time spent on harvesting hundreds of trees and picking berries all my life, but some people want to spend more time on everything I can understand that simple fact.

BobMowzie
  • Minecraft: BobMowzie

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:15 PM

View PostCorbent, on 04 December 2013 - 08:29 PM, said:

I find that degree of automation ridiculous.And the "hard to make" aspect has been discussed in a lot of other places (specially equivalent exchange) and I'm on the side that "the fact an item is ridiculously expensive to make doesn't mean it doesn't break the game".I would like a config line to disable sigils in my server.
I agree. Even if it's expensive, its just too simple. If I want to make a tree farm, I want to struggle to think of how I can use the resources I have in a combination of machines that will complete my task. These sigils, although expensive, remove the entire problem solving aspect of figuring out how to make an automated farm. And yeah what does Accelerate do?
Check out my skin gallery: http://www.minecraft.../#entry21940481!

geometricnut
  • Minecraft: geometricnut

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:18 PM

sorry im posting so much but i have a lot of questions :)

is there some way i accidentally turned off ars magica worldgen?
i KNOW i haven't turned off world structures because i found a village in my world. it said that there was some in the compendium are they just really super rare? ive played ars magica 1 and they were really common but now i havent found one in AM 2

and thanks for the way to check your affinities mithion diamond for you! Posted Image

wow you posted that right while i was typing mine :)

Vaygrim
    Vaygrim

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:23 PM

View PostThyrllann, on 04 December 2013 - 08:09 PM, said:

Use the /amuicfg command
Yeah ran across that in an earlier post. Needless to say, I feel a tad silly heh. I could actually have GUESSED that command it is so easy.

Ah well, thanks for the response!

Kaligraphy
  • Minecraft: Kaligraphy

Posted 04 December 2013 - 11:05 PM

Are the Greater and on up mana potions craftable yet or am I doing it wrong?

Posted Image

Posted Image

geometricnut
  • Minecraft: geometricnut

Posted 05 December 2013 - 02:16 AM

View PostKaligraphy, on 04 December 2013 - 11:05 PM, said:

Are the Greater and on up mana potions craftable yet or am I doing it wrong?
what do you mean?

View PostCorbent, on 04 December 2013 - 07:41 PM, said:

i dont think I would like to play on a server with disabled things. :(

Kaligraphy
  • Minecraft: Kaligraphy

Posted 05 December 2013 - 02:48 AM

View Postgeometricnut, on 05 December 2013 - 02:16 AM, said:

what do you mean?

You can make the lesser, standard and infused potions, but not the greater, epic and legendary potions.  And if you can, how?  I read the compendium but nothing I've tried is working.

EDIT: Well I fail.  Just noticed in the latest patch notes that:

Added alternate crafting recipes for potions because brewing is messed up

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hague
    Hague

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 03:34 AM

Some of those sigils would be very problematic for servers. So yes, it would be a dealbreaker if you couldn't prevent someone from levelling your buildings from a chunk away with a Flat Earth sigil. The others don't seem terrible but the ones that modify the environment directly will be problematic.

macedonia1996

Posted 05 December 2013 - 03:51 AM

View PostMithion, on 04 December 2013 - 07:22 PM, said:

AM2 1.1 Patch Notes (So Far)
=========================================
Spoiler:

... *waggles eyebrows*

This looks great! I can't wait for this to come out. I'm especially looking forward to the boss specific drops and the new workbench. One quick question, and I know this has been answered several times, but what about worldgen? You say that you can disable it in the new version, but I thought it wasn't implemented yet? Unless you mean trees/flowers?

whizard_dragon
  • Minecraft: whizard_dragon

Posted 05 December 2013 - 04:22 AM

View Postmacedonia1996, on 05 December 2013 - 03:51 AM, said:

I think he means you can disable worldgen for different dimensions. I know someone has been asking mithion for a way to make it so AM2 doesn't make any world gen happen in galaticcraft or something of that sort.

Posted Image

Malexion

Posted 05 December 2013 - 04:39 AM

View PostHague, on 05 December 2013 - 03:34 AM, said:

Some of those sigils would be very problematic for servers. So yes, it would be a dealbreaker if you couldn't prevent someone from levelling your buildings from a chunk away with a Flat Earth sigil. The others don't seem terrible but the ones that modify the environment directly will be problematic.

If it uses the forge block break event and some anti-greif mod checks for the same events it would probably be fine.

Spoiler:

... *waggles eyebrows*

Quite the staggering list of changes and fixes O.O , I do have a few questions though:

Are affinity tomes integrated at this in dungeon chests or mob drops at this point or no?

What exactly is Armor XP Infusion?

Any thoughts about a chunkloading sigil or is that something that is un-needed or not practical?

Would there be upgrades or seperate sigils that could have more player interaction in similar fashions to the Sigil of Containment and the Sigil of Interdiction? Anti-greifing means so to speak.

Thoughts on inventory sigils for chests?

AngelFeather
  • Minecraft: Angels_Feather

Posted 05 December 2013 - 10:54 AM

Wow. That is one heck of an update list. The sigils look awesome. I can't wait. :D
Posted Image

kaylo7
    kaylo7

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 01:35 PM

Is there a way to change spell icons that I'm missing? It seems that whenever you create a new spell, you get one chance to choose it's icon, but after that you're stuck with it unless you make another one.

ASM_KALION
  • Minecraft: ASM_KALION

Posted 05 December 2013 - 01:46 PM

Spoiler:

... *waggles eyebrows*

Now that is one big list of update. A lot of cool things to, one of my favorites that I read was the special boss drops
The knowledge of the arcane runs deep within my veins

Posted Image

TacoGerbil

Posted 05 December 2013 - 03:10 PM

With all these cool new updates.. Powerfull spells... Is there ANYthung in there for the server Admin to be able to control the possible Pandora's box that could be unleashed?   I notice MOST mods don't offer some kind of permission system at all..  So I assume in a balls to the wall enviornment where anything goes this would be fantastic, but say in a controlled server where there are zones that have plots and so forth.. is the only recourse to redesign the server?  I personally use MCPC+ and most plugins come with some form of permission system and WorldGuard.. Going off of Hagues statement.. IS there some form of hook in there for servers that want to control some of these potential building leveling spells?

vader343
    vader343

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 03:27 PM

I'm not sure if it has been reported or not but there is something wrong if you use Railcraft with AM2. Railcraft places invisible blocks where player stood and because of this you cant place light there.