• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

how do i defed angainst taint in thaumcraft 4?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

ChargedCreapah1

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:25 AM

i also have thaumic tinker for thaumcraft 4, please tell me cuz i dunno and i havent gotten far in thaum craft and taint has appeard

Register or log in to remove.

Hylian_Miner
  • Minecraft: hjake1234

Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:41 AM

But the new taint is a spreading BIOME. I don't think that would help.

bonesters
  • Minecraft: Bonesters

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:01 AM

the best way to fight taint would be to destroy or the tainted node (or seal it in a jar and forget about it). the best way to contain it while still allowing it to exist it to surround it with silverwood trees.
Current # of wood planks: -2147483648.
um, who overflowed my wood farm?

SoulCrystal

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:34 AM

Tainted node? i've encountered many taint biomes with no tainted nodes. Maybe they were deep underground, but i've never seen them. It seems to just randomly spawn :\

dimion
    dimion

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:09 AM

Guys, I suggest that instead of continuing to discuss the way one should reply to others' posts and the way one should read these to get their proper meaning, we get back on topic and try to answer the question in the original post. Besides, I'm, too, interested in the way(s) one stops taint from spreading Posted Image
Posted Image

mikeybp
    mikeybp

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • Minecraft: mikeybp

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:11 AM

xD Well i'd be happy to. I think its already been answered though. The answer is to put 3 block thick walls around it.

RustyXXL
    RustyXXL

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1262 posts
  • Minecraft: RustyXXL

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:13 AM

Anyone tried the influence of pure nodes on tainted landand its spreading?

mikeybp
    mikeybp

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • Minecraft: mikeybp

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:18 AM

Just wondering, I got thaumcraft today, where do you find shards?

dimion
    dimion

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:21 AM

View Postmikeybp, on 15 October 2013 - 08:11 AM, said:

xD Well i'd be happy to. I think its already been answered though. The answer is to put 3 block thick walls around it.

I am not really sure about the walls. This worked in Thaumcraft 2 though. Guess the only way to find out is to try it.

Found a post answering this, too. You need to plant silverwood trees around the tainted biome.
Posted Image

RustyXXL
    RustyXXL

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1262 posts
  • Minecraft: RustyXXL

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:25 AM

View Postdimion, on 15 October 2013 - 08:21 AM, said:

Found a post answering this, too. You need to plant silverwood trees around the tainted biome.

That's why I asked about the pure nodes influence on the taint. In tc3 Silverwood trees had pure nodes, and I could imagine it's the same case for tc4 (I didn't check that), so it might be the pure nodes in the silverwood trees that work against the taint, and not the silverwood trees themselves.

dimion
    dimion

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:45 AM

View PostRustyXXL, on 15 October 2013 - 08:25 AM, said:

That's why I asked about the pure nodes influence on the taint. In tc3 Silverwood trees had pure nodes, and I could imagine it's the same case for tc4 (I didn't check that), so it might be the pure nodes in the silverwood trees that work against the taint, and not the silverwood trees themselves.

Seems like that. Guess we should experiment with these.
Posted Image

Rongmario
    Rongmario

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1141 posts
  • Minecraft: Rongmario

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:27 PM

Yeah Silverwood trees helps cleaning taint, even if it is without pure node inside them. Pure node will help a lot though.

Kerydwenn

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:33 AM

I read about the Silverwood trees as well. The 3-block thick wall, I'm not sure at all. It seemed to block Taint in TC2, but from what I got from the TC4 thread, it's not the case anymore?
If you ever feel like dying to help the universe, just let me know. I’ll be waiting.
/人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\

turcotte
    turcotte

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:19 PM

silverwoods.  Also the shimmer leafs (from the silverwoods) also seem to unfluence the taint.  Also this is just speculation but nodes do have the ability to combine.  So with enough pure nodes that one tainted node can be cleansed of taint.  Also taint is everywere but in order to fully stop it you must target the node.  If you don't all your doing is reverting grass.  And silverwoods "ward" off taint... but I have seen some of them even get corrupted.  So attack the node!!!

Source: My Game

jtbressan
  • Minecraft: jtbressan

Posted 07 November 2013 - 09:50 PM

i have a sky-block world that is becoming tanted but the dark grass is the only thing that anos me Posted Image

sero321
    sero321

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:17 PM

View PostChargedCreapah1, on 11 October 2013 - 02:25 AM, said:

i also have thaumic tinker for thaumcraft 4, please tell me cuz i dunno and i havent gotten far in thaum craft and taint has appeard
there are few ways but the far easyest is this one you will probly find obsidian statue in there is tainted node tho it doesnt always have tainted node in it if it does  brake it all you can do it with stone pickaxe
Posted Image

vizzerdrix

Posted 16 November 2013 - 12:58 PM

I've had a bit of success with tilling the soil and I think I'm on to something. When the tilled ground reverts it's either much lighter or normal looking. I'm going to try planting in it next.