• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Superhero mod

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Incorporeality

Posted 11 March 2011 - 09:57 AM

Just something I was thinking about that would be pretty neat, and that I've seen a lot of the elements for.  

Would be cool for smp - but ssp too (especially with the assorted NPC human mods).  It would be nice to see it mixed in with one of the rpg mods, so that you picked a balance of powers and progressed from something simple to hardcore bust-up-the-world superheroes.  

Anyway, it crossed my mind because I've seen so many of the things that would be needed in it.  Flight, of course, as well as speed and jump boosting, the ability to climb up walls or even ceilings, grappling and rope pulling mechanics, whirlwinds and other weather effects, freezing, converting matter or causing changes in the terrain, invisibility (heh), x-ray, laser beams (the assorted flamethrower mods and others that use modified ghast fire, it makes a good general energy attack format), projectiles and explosive attacks (rpg in SDK's mod, assorted awesome arrow mods), teleportation, remote teleportation, crushing through buildings and terrain (ogres in mo's creature, the effect would be great for flying supes doing damage on hitting the ground, the number of blocks destroyed and damage done in the area based on their speed.  It would also be cool for if you could make heavy knockback effects on high level punches, kicks, other attacks, etc, so that people could go flying through walls and create craters hitting the ground :GoldBar:), really the list of things that could fit into the superpower category, and the ways minecraft would be great for it (mainly the fact that its so destructable, and any good super-brawl should wreck the scenery) is pretty much endless.  

You could have superman, spiderman, batman, green arrow, and so on and so on.  You could even have Aquaman, and he'd be just as useless as he was in the comics!  Unless you could get the mo creatures sharks to jump out of the water... hmm... or perhaps craft frickin' lasers for their heads?  

Anyway it was a random idea, but it's crazy how many of the elements are already there.  I might have to look into how hard it is to code for minecraft then shamelessly rip off a bunch of people's work and cobble it together into Herocraft :GoldBar:

Register or log in to remove.

rsmalec
    rsmalec

Blaze Extinguisher

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 4546 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 07:58 PM

Follow my signature link for your answer

Posted Image

AnAmericanEnderman
  • Minecraft: GanzorfTheGreat

Posted 28 November 2011 - 06:38 PM

Creeperman, Creeperman, does whatever a creeper can.

Posted Image