7 replies to this topic

monkeytv
    monkeytv

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 03:54 AM

It was working before the new updated server,
I'm able to join my default gateway 192.168.1.....

But when players try and join the other ip (68.13.18......) Copied from whatismyip.com

Here are also the settings in my server

#Minecraft server properties
#Thu Mar 10 02:28:29 CST 2011
level-name=world
verify-names=true
server-port=25565
grow-trees=false
hellworld=false
port=25565
server-ip=
white-list=false
spawn-animals=true
online-mode=true
pvp=false
server-name=Minecraft Server
admin-slot=false
max-players=20
max-connections=3
public=true
spawn-monsters=false
motd=Welcome to my Minecraft Server\!

So is there anything i'm doing wrong?

Register or log in to remove.

monkeytv
    monkeytv

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 04:50 AM

Anyone D:?...

SquirrelMan
  • Minecraft: EliteSquirrelMan

Posted 11 March 2011 - 05:17 AM

you may have porting and stuff right probably or probably not but they cant connect and you can cause your running on ip or restriction with its internal connection and no external in
Posted Image

Vardoj
    Vardoj

Carpenter

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 05:27 AM

If you can connect but people outside your network can't, it is due to port forwarding on your router.  There is virtually no other explanation for it.

I think you can test that by attempting to connect to your server using the external IP address, but really you just need to go into your router and forward port 25565 to the internal IP address of the server.

armorbreak

Posted 11 March 2011 - 05:52 AM

ok first check if your port 25565 is open. here is the site http://www.canyouseeme.org/  and if it isnt open then u have to find where you need to open your setting for your router (sorry dont know whats is called in computer term, not someone who has experience). open cmd(command prompt)on your search box when you click the START. and write ipconfig. the default gateway is the one you type in your internet searchbox. it should lead you to your router information, but it might ask for a username or password. if your username and password is set to default than it should be username: admin  password: password OR password1.
(If none of those work you should reset your router. it should be on the back of the router. hold it for about 10 sec to be on the safe side. and try it again.)

ill give you more info if you ask.

monkeytv
    monkeytv

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 06:35 AM

armorbreak said:

ok first check if your port 25565 is open. here is the site http://www.canyouseeme.org/  and if it isnt open then u have to find where you need to open your setting for your router (sorry dont know whats is called in computer term, not someone who has experience). open cmd(command prompt)on your search box when you click the START. and write ipconfig. the default gateway is the one you type in your internet searchbox. it should lead you to your router information, but it might ask for a username or password. if your username and password is set to default than it should be username: admin  password: password OR password1.
(If none of those work you should reset your router. it should be on the back of the router. hold it for about 10 sec to be on the safe side. and try it again.)

ill give you more info if you ask.
It said it could not see my service, Gonna try and restart router in a bit.

Vardoj
    Vardoj

Carpenter

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 06:41 AM

Resetting the router is not going to reset the username/password, that requires a restore to factory settings which shouldn't really be necessary.  If you don't know the username/password figure out who does and get them to login.  Odds are your router is at 192.168.1.1, try opening that address in your browser.  You're going to want to Google port forwarding, hell find a video on youTube, it's going to be a lot easier if you can see an example.

_Spy_Crab_

Posted 12 March 2011 - 11:06 PM

Type ipchicken.com and give them that ip.  I don't know if you already did this since your first description wasnt exactly clear enough for me, but then again i don't understand much from forum writers.
Get back on your feet / I will help you up, and then / We will kill more stuff. - Zer0