• Please log in to reply
11531 replies to this topic

Lycanxz
    Lycanxz

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:57 AM

I have seen your latest video and it looks great. Here's some questions for you:
1. Is the pipes automatable with redstone.
2. What happens if you centrifuge high tier essentia like cognito.
3. Does labeling them also applies to the alchemy golem.

Here's some things I was thinking about when reading the past few pages (10-15).
1. How about expanding the current usage of essentia in machines as you mentioned lux would help the bore keep the area lit. For example. Perfodio would also help the bore in mining and if supplied   vinculum might make the area the bore is in chunk loaded. Instead of the repair enchant how about make a machine that allows repairing of tools slowly and boasted by the Sano essentia because repair now is a bit awkward as its way too slow to make feasible as it uses hotbar space.
2.  On to the topic of essentia fusion, I think it should exist but it must be really dangerous as your doing something that is near impossible in science today which is fusing two atoms or essentia in this case. It should cause a lot of problems even more than arcane infusion as what your doing is against the laws of nature. How about it need an only be done with primal aspects as compound aspects are too entangled. Ex. To make Praecantatio, you need to make both Potentia and Vacouse and before that you should have Ordo, Perdito, Aer and Ignis. For this you would need to make two triangular structure to combine any of these essentia. First, you put Ordo and Potentia in the bottom two points and the results would be the point of the triangle/pyramid and it must instantly connect to another of these structure to make Praecantatio as the fusion won't accept essentia in jars or phials as the essentia in them are cooled in the way its fully combined and can only be centrifuge.
You must also make Vacouse the same way as Potentia but you need to put it on the other side. This process is not fullproof as you can get from 0 (common ) to 2 (rare) of the essentia your trying to make. It can also be speed up or made more efficent by giving Permutatio and/or Limus.
Well, that's it for this post. What do you think of my ideas, I still think Thaumcraft 4 should have some kind of essentia powered machine/ rune system like TC2 and more aura manipulations(Imagine bee breeding in the form of aura node combining, purifying, mutation and enhancement).

Register or log in to remove.

Aethling
    Aethling

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 185 posts
  • Minecraft: Aethling

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:29 AM

View Postmoonra, on 04 November 2013 - 02:17 AM, said:

I know, that's why I said it like that. But I don't know, it seems to be simple enough to always have the dots an x distance away from each other, so maybe it really is intentional.
But what makes me think that it really isn't is the fact that he makes no mention of that in the Thaumonomicon, since that is quite an oversight.

Think of it in terms of research in the real world. People who study physics have to solve complicated mathmatical equations, chemists have to balance chemical equations, historians have to read extensively and many social sciences have to plot graphs and charts. The point of unsolvable research is to simulate that it's difficult, it's complicated. Sometimes you just get stuck and have to give it another go.

Turgul
    Turgul

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:39 AM

I don't know if this is a bug or if I've failed to find the right research options, but I can't get "Wand Focus: Frost", and I've tried a *lot* of research options: http://snag.gy/w51lX.jpg and http://snag.gy/apaeg.jpg

I'm using Aqua and Praecantantio, I've found nothing else.  If I've been bugged, *twice*, can you tell me how to cheat back some of the many research points I've lost?

Thanks!

-Robin

Steelflame
  • Minecraft: Steelflameblade

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:22 AM

You are fully forgetting a single aspect used in the wand.  I won't tell you what, but I want you to think about what a wand that shoots ice might be related to.

Warning : This user is prone to doing sporadic edits of recent comments to further expand upon old ideas. This is a very common thing especially right after posting.  Keep this in mind when talking to me over these forums.

I run a small magic focused private server.  If you are interested in joining us, click the banner below to find out more.

Posted Image

Turgul
    Turgul

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:51 AM

View PostSteelflame, on 04 November 2013 - 05:22 AM, said:

You are fully forgetting a single aspect used in the wand.  I won't tell you what, but I want you to think about what a wand that shoots ice might be related to.

It's not Gelum, unless that was fixed in the last version or something.  It's not Telum.  It's not Perditio.  If there's a "projectile" aspect, I haven't found it yet.  Seriously, I give up; privmsg me if you don't want to spoil others, I guess.

-Robin

Azanor
    Azanor

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1527 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:55 AM

View PostLycanxz, on 04 November 2013 - 02:57 AM, said:

I have seen your latest video and it looks great. Here's some questions for you:
1. Is the pipes automatable with redstone.
2. What happens if you centrifuge high tier essentia like cognito.
3. Does labeling them also applies to the alchemy golem.

1. The valve responds to redstone
2. The centrifuge breaks essentia down into its component aspects, so 50 cognito will be broken down into (roughly) 25 Terra and 25 Spiritus. The actual amounts may vary since which one of the two it breaks down into is determined randomly.
3. Yes

View PostArkalius, on 03 November 2013 - 11:43 PM, said:

Also, it appears wand foci can take the unbreakable enchantment which appears to be a bug since they have no durability... unless I'm missing something? Do they gain any benefit from it?

This has been reported before but I can't seem to duplicate it. Do you have any other mods that modify or add enchantments?

Posted Image

Dexit86
    Dexit86

Newly Spawned

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:03 AM

We played with a friend in Minecraft. After studying Greatwood Wand Core, needed to find and cut down the Greatwood. I wondered what might happen after cut down tree, because the fashion has changed a lot and maybe it will now Planar Chaos! And my friend suggested:
Posted Image
We've been laughing with it! XD

Turgul
    Turgul

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:06 AM

View PostTurgul, on 04 November 2013 - 05:51 AM, said:

It's not Gelum, unless that was fixed in the last version or something.  It's not Telum.  It's not Perditio.  If there's a "projectile" aspect, I haven't found it yet.  Seriously, I give up; privmsg me if you don't want to spoil others, I guess.

-Robin

*Huh*.  It *is* Gelum.  As you can see from , it used to very conspicuously *not* work with Gelum (and I had had a friend confirm that, too).  Guess it got fixed.

-Robin

Arkalius
    Arkalius

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1093 posts
  • Minecraft: Arkalius80

Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:10 AM

View PostAzanor, on 04 November 2013 - 05:55 AM, said:

This has been reported before but I can't seem to duplicate it. Do you have any other mods that modify or add enchantments?
The only things I have loaded are Forge, Thaumcraft 4, Rei's minimap, and NEI. I doubt any of those would cause the problem. It's fairly consistent for me too, and kind of annoying :)

However I am looking forward to infusion enchanting. You have any time frame in mind for releasing the next version?

Farproc
    Farproc

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:10 AM

I am clearly doing something wrong in my TC4. I play on normal, not easy. not peaceful. And am currently on 1.6.2, not 1.6.4 (Allthough I think the mod that was holding me back has finally updated).

My EBXL world has Magical Forests.
I built my tower on the edge of a village, that now sports 20+ Villagers and some of its own golems. Zombie hordes have so far failed to overwhelm me - or the village. I did find that putting a bloody door on the house, and sleeping at night. helped.
My first roll of a thaumium pickaxe yielded an Repair II, Efficiency IV, Fortune III. In an arcane bore I frequently don't even see the damage bar it repairs fast enough to keep up. Even without using the enchanting altar, or infusion crafting - the application of Vazkii's spellcloth has allowed me to put Repair on most of my items - and I have to try really really hard to get them to stay damaged.
I mostly have a massive surplus of research points, and the points I do have in short supply, quickly regenerate as bonus points in my research library.
Oh. And invsible hungry nodes have failed to eat me. And - while I don't tend to use a thaumostatic harness, I do keep my principal wand equipped with Vazkii's uplift focus

How do I activate the hardmode the rest of you seem to be getting?

TheFlyingBanana

Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:28 AM

View PostFarproc, on 04 November 2013 - 06:10 AM, said:

How do I activate the hardmode the rest of you seem to be getting?

What do you mean? Other'n a few complaints about the research, no-one has mentioned the mod being difficult.

XanderGryphon
  • Minecraft: XanderGryphon

Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:56 AM

View PostTheFlyingBanana, on 04 November 2013 - 06:28 AM, said:

What do you mean? Other'n a few complaints about the research, no-one has mentioned the mod being difficult.

There have been quite a few complaints about Hungry Nodes, and a small discussion about Zombies and how their behavior was changed in 1.6. I've also seen a number of posts talking about how useless Repair is due to it only working while on the hotbar and taking "too long" to repair, especially when used in the Arcane Bore.

The "hardmode" in question is just his way of saying he doesn't agree with the people who are voicing those complaints.

Posted Image

Farproc
    Farproc

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:57 AM

View PostTheFlyingBanana, on 04 November 2013 - 06:28 AM, said:

Its hard work keeping up with this thread but in catching up with everything since last week I got that

1. People seem to be being overrun with Zombie swarms, that either incorporate too many, or too few, Angry Zombies.
2. Pickaxes don't last long enough in an Arcane Bore to complete a mining cycle.
3. Repair is so tiresomely slow that it involves a degree in micromanagement to keep the repairing items on the hotbar long enough to get repaired.
4. Its terribly difficult to find a magical forest if [biome-mod-x] is being used.
5. If a magical forest biome is found, Pech's will steal all your stuff. And there won't be any silverwoods.
6. If there are any silverwoods, their leaves will have mysteriously fallen off.
7. Then a completely invisible hungry node will suddenly inexorably draw the player in and kill them.

Are we reading the same thread?

XanderGryphon

Posted 04 November 2013 - 07:03 AM

View PostFarproc, on 04 November 2013 - 06:57 AM, said:

5. If a magical forest biome is found, Perch's will steal all your stuff. And there won't be any silverwoods.
6. If there are any silverwoods, their leaves will have mysteriously fallen off.

I haven't actually seen any complaints of there not being Silverwood trees in a magical forest biome. Rather, I've seen complaints that there aren't any Silverwood Trees in other biomes that are tagged as Magical (which I can somewhat confirm, having run across a few biomes that have only one or two Silverwoods, if that).

The leaves thing is an actual thing that happens, but with Greatwoods - not Silverwoods. Greatwood Trees generate much taller than they used to, and as a result, there's a lot of extra leaves that rapidly decay as soon as they're generated. Trees don't go bare, though.

Also, minor nitpick, it's Pech. A perch is what a bird rests on. :P

Posted Image

JonReed
    JonReed

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1239 posts
  • Minecraft: JonReed

Posted 04 November 2013 - 07:31 AM

Its hard work keeping up with this thread but in catching up with everything since last week I got that

1. People seem to be being overrun with Zombie swarms, that either incorporate too many, or too few, Angry Zombies.
2. Pickaxes don't last long enough in an Arcane Bore to complete a mining cycle.
3. Repair is so tiresomely slow that it involves a degree in micromanagement to keep the repairing items on the hotbar long enough to get repaired.
4. Its terribly difficult to find a magical forest if [biome-mod-x] is being used.
5. If a magical forest biome is found, Pech's will steal all your stuff. And there won't be any silverwoods.
7. Then a completely invisible hungry node will suddenly inexorably draw the player in and kill them.

Are we reading the same thread?
Most of those have already been countered/replied too.

1. is an issue with vanilla minecraft due to the recent update.
2. Unbreaking 3/Repair 2
3. Somnia Mod(Makes sleep actually pass time instead of just skip to morning)
4. Don't use Biome-Mod-X(if a magic biome has a weight of 3 to spawn and you add 30-40 more biomes with weights between 2-7, you now have a 3 out of 200 chance of generating a magic biome on average)
5. Don't travel into the forest unless you are ready to bribe the pechs or are strong enough to kill them all. Also, Silverwoods do spawn in them, along with the following biomes in BoP(cherry grove, mystic grove and some more(can't remember names))
6. It is greatwoods that have the issue with leaves.
7. Hungry nodes are extraordinarily rare(out of all the nodes I have found so far, only 3 have been hungry) and their dangerous effect can be disabled in config.

It is only as difficult as the player makes it to be. Play it safe and it is easy.
There is a rare mythical button called "Search" that likes to answer questions; however, due to its nature, it often blends in with its surroundings so as to remain hidden.
Posted Image

XanderGryphon

Posted 04 November 2013 - 07:33 AM

View PostJonReed, on 04 November 2013 - 07:31 AM, said:

Most of those have already been countered/replied too.

1. is an issue with vanilla minecraft due to the recent update.
2. Unbreaking 3/Repair 2
3. Somnia Mod(Makes sleep actually pass time instead of just skip to morning)
4. Don't use Biome-Mod-X(if a magic biome has a weight of 3 to spawn and you add 30-40 more biomes with weights between 2-7, you now have a 3 out of 200 chance of generating a magic biome on average)
5. Don't travel into the forest unless you are ready to bribe the pechs or are strong enough to kill them all. Also, Silverwoods do spawn in them, along with the following biomes in BoP(cherry grove, mystic grove and some more(can't remember names))
6. It is greatwoods that have the issue with leaves.
7. Hungry nodes are extraordinarily rare(out of all the nodes I have found so far, only 3 have been hungry) and their dangerous effect can be disabled in config.

It is only as difficult as the player makes it to be. Play it safe and it is easy.

He wasn't bringing any of those up as personal complaints.

Posted Image

TheFlyingBanana

Posted 04 November 2013 - 07:35 AM

This one at least I'll comment on, since I may have been complaining about it before...

It's not that they're difficult, they certainly aren't. Minecraft combat isn't difficult. It's that they're stupidly awful game design, where killing a zombie results in a net increase of zombies. There's no more difficulty from this change, just an artificial increase in the amount of time spent participating in the worst aspect of minecraft: the combat.

But yeah, this is a vanilla thing, not thaumcraft.

And fair enough on the others, I guess people have complained about those. Never found any of them to be a bother personally though.

russianrocker1
  • Minecraft: edman111

Posted 04 November 2013 - 07:39 AM

any eta on the next update? or on warded blocks?

Farproc
    Farproc

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:04 AM

View PostTheFlyingBanana, on 04 November 2013 - 07:35 AM, said:

This one at least I'll comment on, since I may have been complaining about it before...

It's not that they're difficult, they certainly aren't. Minecraft combat isn't difficult. It's that they're stupidly awful game design, where killing a zombie results in a net increase of zombies. There's no more difficulty from this change, just an artificial increase in the amount of time spent participating in the worst aspect of minecraft: the combat.

Even in the early game, If I see a zombie. I kill the zombie. No armor and a stone sword. More might arrive. Kill them too and the swarm stops. I don't play on hard only because that makes village protection entirely impossible. Zombies being able to smash the only door villagers will recognize? really?

I have simply never seen one of these zombie swarms that are claimed to be so unbalancing. And If I did encounter one I might make that claim to. The trick to dealing with zombies seems, however, not to be to switch to peacefull, but to either kill them on sight (preventing them from calling more) or just build a high wall around your work area, put a door in it and ignore them. A badly lit / "open plan" build  coupled with non committal aggression seems to be the recipe for zombie swarm disaster. i.e. Either leave them alone or kill them and your game will play exactly the same way as it played in 1.4.7 or 1.5.2. Don't damage them and run away.

AngelFeather
  • Minecraft: Angels_Feather

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:37 AM

View PostFarproc, on 04 November 2013 - 08:04 AM, said:

Even in the early game, If I see a zombie. I kill the zombie. No armor and a stone sword. More might arrive. Kill them too and the swarm stops. I don't play on hard only because that makes village protection entirely impossible. Zombies being able to smash the only door villagers will recognize? really?

I have simply never seen one of these zombie swarms that are claimed to be so unbalancing. And If I did encounter one I might make that claim to. The trick to dealing with zombies seems, however, not to be to switch to peacefull, but to either kill them on sight (preventing them from calling more) or just build a high wall around your work area, put a door in it and ignore them. A badly lit / "open plan" build  coupled with non committal aggression seems to be the recipe for zombie swarm disaster. i.e. Either leave them alone or kill them and your game will play exactly the same way as it played in 1.4.7 or 1.5.2. Don't damage them and run away.
I've seen zombie swarms that quickly become unmanageable. Caving and getting caught out with the sun down can be highly hazardous... at least, early game. Once iron armor is available, it stops being nearly so bad. That said, twenty or more zombies swarming gets annoying.
Posted Image