• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[Modeler] Techne - Looking for help!

• Please log in to reply
2115 replies to this topic

ZombieBlobs

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:51 PM

There is now download link, it's just all code. Nothing to click, just a white page full of code text. I see other people were having problems with this...

Register or log in to remove.

Xemnas33
    Xemnas33

Zombie Killer

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 161 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:54 PM

View PostZombieBlobs, on 17 November 2012 - 07:51 PM, said:

There is now download link, it's just all code. Nothing to click, just a white page full of code text. I see other people were having problems with this...

Go here: http://techne.zeux.me/techne
Posted Image

azzaisme
    azzaisme

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:01 AM

right click it and save target as and then just put it where you want it

ScicoPax
    ScicoPax

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:14 AM

It would be awesome if it could export *.obj so we can use these files on Spoutcraft and other applications.

lordlogic
  • Minecraft: Lordlogic
  • Xbox:Serial Shorty

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:09 AM

Very nice! Any issues with me using this to help develop my mod? You/your team would be given credit, of  course :P

Posted Image

ZeuX
    ZeuX

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:21 PM

View PostScicoPax, on 18 November 2012 - 01:14 AM, said:

It would be awesome if it could export *.obj so we can use these files on Spoutcraft and other applications.
Indeed, indeed, right now I'm working on Techne Online and I want to keep doing that until I've completed the most basic features.
When that's done I have time to fix things Techne itself and tend to feature requests like this one - but I'd expect to see obj support in TO first ;)

View PostKwow, on 17 November 2012 - 06:30 AM, said:

... No little kid can create a program like that. I am in awe of techne, and I think he is one of a few people in the minecraft community who could actually program that. That takes a lot of skill. Even to program hello world, you have to be at least 10. On the contrary, Zeux is not a little kid or dumb, he is a part of the MCP team. Anyway, the Techne online site is back! Now I can post my models! Thankyou Zeux for Techne and Techne Online! Without Techne, I probably never would have started on my australian animals mod, or any mod that added new mobs.
Thanks - and thanks for using TO :)
I usually just ignore guys like that, they not worth the wear of my keyboard-keys. I program for because it's fun and being able to choose who to listen to is one of the big advantages of not getting paid.
I mean, I give him that Techne has some serious bugs, but ya...

View PostEpicalPerson, on 14 November 2012 - 02:10 PM, said:

Guys, to download, follow these steps
1.go to the link with all the embed code
2.RIGHT CLICK THE PAGE
3.click "save as...",save it wherever you want, make sure you save it as a application manifest
4.run it
5.click all the ok and proceed buttons
6.wait for it to download
7.click the confirm to install it, its completely safe
and tada! you have techne installed!.
hope this helped!

EDIT: I just BSOD'd after doing this, Doing this is at your your own risk
if you want to unsinstall it just go into remove applications in control panel, find techne, uninstall, delete the file from All Programs in the start menu, and delete the downloaded manifest from wherever you downloaded it to
idk what happend, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't Techne as you have to mess at driver level to be able to produce BSODs

View PostKwow, on 12 November 2012 - 12:42 AM, said:

Zeux, I noticed your exporter uses a "setRotationAngles" instead of just the rotateAngle methods. I am a person that likes to code things in the default minecraft layout. Although, if you think that the "setRotationAngles" method is a better idea, then can I suggest this:

private void setRotation(ModelRenderer model, float x, float y, float z)
  {
model.rotateAngleX = (float)Math.PI / 180 * x;
model.rotateAngleY = (float)Math.PI / 180 * y;
model.rotateAngleZ = (float)Math.PI / 180 * z;
  }

That way, you can simply type in the degrees you want the shape to rotate. Note that this is only a suggestion, I am not telling you that you must use this.
That must have happened due to a change in classlayout, this used to be the way to do it.
Thanks for letting me know :)

View PostTWITh MINecraftian, on 11 November 2012 - 09:43 PM, said:

when i open it its fine it launches application perfectly no probs but then when i get the message
"are you sure you want to install this application"
i click "install"
then it says in quotes,

"unable to install or run this application. this application
requires your system to be updated to Microsoft Common
Language Runtime version 4.0.30319.0.

please contact your system administrator."

can someone please tell me what to do please? (im no good with error signs Posted Image )
(to avoid other answers that won't help ->) plus im the computer administrator
and i really want to use this!!
(to avoid any more answers that won't help->) I tried to update the microsoft common language runtime but then i came up with ANOTHER error UGH! here is what it said,

"KB2600211 does not apply, or is blocked by another condition on your computer." (<-exactly what it said)
I really need some serious help!! (i wonder if anyone else had the same problems like i did?)
Go to %localappdata%/apps/ and delete the 2.0 folder, then try to install Techne again.
(might be under %appdata%)

Blakpik
    Blakpik

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 71 posts
  • Minecraft: Blakpik

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:52 AM

View PostKwow, on 17 November 2012 - 06:30 AM, said:

... No little kid can create a program like that. I am in awe of techne, and I think he is one of a few people in the minecraft community who could actually program that. That takes a lot of skill. Even to program hello world, you have to be at least 10. On the contrary, Zeux is not a little kid or dumb, he is a part of the MCP team. Anyway, the Techne online site is back! Now I can post my models! Thankyou Zeux for Techne and Techne Online! Without Techne, I probably never would have started on my australian animals mod, or any mod that added new mobs.
But i have no proof that he made anything at all. If nothing works how can i even know if it exists? for i know this can be an incredibly well thought out ruse.

View PostBlakpik, on 20 November 2012 - 09:50 AM, said:

But i have no proof that he made anything at all. If nothing works how can i even know if it exists? for i know this can be an incredibly well thought out ruse.
There now that it works i can amend my statement :) Well done ZeuX
I am Blakpik, LORD of all that is awesome and Narcissistic.

tommycake50
  • Minecraft: tommy2ndacc

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:52 PM

i wish he could just make a .exe installer if he can program ttechne he can program an installer for it

ZeuX
    ZeuX

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:06 PM

View Posttommycake50, on 20 November 2012 - 03:52 PM, said:

i wish he could just make a .exe installer if he can program ttechne he can program an installer for it
There's a difference between can and want to.
It's not the installer alone, it's the whole autoupdate process - right now all I have to do to push an update is hit a button inside visual studio and every install will update (if the user clicks yes).
That's serveral hours of developement right there. And as with everything I spend my time on, I have to balance between what is fun to do (making an installer isn't), what is good/convenient for the users and what other things might be more important.
The way I see it, it's working sufficiently well, doesn't cost me time to make and I don;t have to do something that I don't enjoy.

markd315

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:42 AM

View PostZeuX, on 05 November 2011 - 05:56 PM, said:

That's it, I'm getting rid of click-once.
The bugs I create are bad enough, but I don't need others as well.
Hang in there, there will be a new thing shortly(ish)
Yeah.  I have that problem too...  :(

stefie03
    stefie03

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Minecraft: sasuke
  • Xbox:sasuke saringan

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:50 AM

nice aPosted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Kwow
    Kwow

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • Minecraft: Kwow

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:17 PM

How does the "Hot new models" section in Techne Online work? Also, your website is down again. When I try to connect to the homepage, it redirects me to "II57". I have no idea what this is, and if I try to connect to one of the techne online pages, such as browse, I get an error in German, and translated, it says:
404 - File or directory not found.

The requested resource is deleted or renamed or is temporarily unavailable.
Posted Image
(note: the Australian animals mod does not include any biome additions/changes.)

ZeuX
    ZeuX

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:14 PM

View PostKwow, on 26 November 2012 - 07:17 PM, said:

How does the "Hot new models" section in Techne Online work? Also, your website is down again. When I try to connect to the homepage, it redirects me to "II57". I have no idea what this is, and if I try to connect to one of the techne online pages, such as browse, I get an error in German, and translated, it says:
404 - File or directory not found.

The requested resource is deleted or renamed or is temporarily unavailable.
Must have been the time I messed with the server a bit - it was time for  a bit as a result >.>
And it's in German because the server OS is too.

Anyway, the way it works is...
Actually, I forgot how the algo works, after looking it up here it is:
ORDER BY Sum(Power(1.02, DATEDIFF(hour, GETDATE(), View.Timestamp))) DESC
In words, from all views get the sum of the power of 1.02 to the timedifference of now and the timestamp when the model has been viewed - filtering out duplicate IPs
So basically, the more often a model gets opened, the higher it will rank.
I thikn I should tweak the algo a bit more to add more decay.

Dudemister1999
  • Minecraft: Dudemister1999
  • Xbox:Dudemister1999

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:33 PM

Hello, ZeuX! I was wondering if there was another download link. Your website, techne.zeux.me, seems to no function properly.

Thanks for your time, and great program!

-Alex
How to be a java coder in three steps:
1. Post EVERY SINGLE error in a separate thread. Also, never post code in a code tag, just paste it, it's easy to read!
2. Ignore helpful posts and ask for code snippets. No exceptions. Always ask for a code snippet.
3. When you make a post, use this template: MY MOD DOESN'T WORK PLZ HELP!! You will get help immediately.

Kwow
    Kwow

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:14 AM

View PostZeuX, on 27 November 2012 - 06:14 PM, said:

Must have been the time I messed with the server a bit - it was time for  a bit as a result >.>
And it's in German because the server OS is too.

Anyway, the way it works is...
Actually, I forgot how the algo works, after looking it up here it is:
ORDER BY Sum(Power(1.02, DATEDIFF(hour, GETDATE(), View.Timestamp))) DESC
In words, from all views get the sum of the power of 1.02 to the timedifference of now and the timestamp when the model has been viewed - filtering out duplicate IPs
So basically, the more often a model gets opened, the higher it will rank.
I thikn I should tweak the algo a bit more to add more decay.
Ok, cool. Just letting you know, the website is working now.
Posted Image
(note: the Australian animals mod does not include any biome additions/changes.)

ZeuX
    ZeuX

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:42 AM

View PostKwow, on 28 November 2012 - 03:14 AM, said:

Ok, cool. Just letting you know, the website is working now.
Thanks, that's what I think too.

View PostDudemister1999, on 27 November 2012 - 11:33 PM, said:

Hello, ZeuX! I was wondering if there was another download link. Your website, techne.zeux.me, seems to no function properly.

Thanks for your time, and great program!

-Alex
What's the problem?
It's been relatively stable since I brought it back up - should have been down only twice and not for long.

ben657
    ben657

Gold Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 357 posts
  • Minecraft: ben657

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:43 AM

Hmm, the sites down, http://techne.zeux.me/techne just gives a 404 error, and without the /techne, it links to what looks like the site of your webhost (IIS7)
Posted Image

Mattah12
    Mattah12

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:31 PM

View Postben657, on 30 November 2012 - 11:43 AM, said:

Hmm, the sites down, http://techne.zeux.me/techne just gives a 404 error, and without the /techne, it links to what looks like the site of your webhost (IIS7)

This link was down for me this morning, but seems to be working again now :)

Dudemister1999
  • Minecraft: Dudemister1999
  • Xbox:Dudemister1999

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:12 AM

Ah, thanks. The site is back up! Even though I am currently running Linux, my Mod Buddy, beauawil, can use it for me!

Thanks for the reply, and happy crafting!
-Alex
How to be a java coder in three steps:
1. Post EVERY SINGLE error in a separate thread. Also, never post code in a code tag, just paste it, it's easy to read!
2. Ignore helpful posts and ask for code snippets. No exceptions. Always ask for a code snippet.
3. When you make a post, use this template: MY MOD DOESN'T WORK PLZ HELP!! You will get help immediately.

Kwow
    Kwow

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:56 AM

The website isn't working again. The "Techne" page will load, but when I try to load any of the other pages or log in, it gives an error message (actually it works now, never mind).
Posted Image