Techne is a modeler that can export models to java code minecraft understands.
Keep in mind, Techne is no mob creator, it's just for the model itself.
The best way really is to join our irc-channel ([email protected]) or use the feedback function.
Also if you like to keep track of our current progress drop by #techne @esper.net as well.
If you want to suggest new features you can head over to
Want to help?
So, here I am - asking if anyone would be interested in working on Techne with me.
There are several things that need to be done or could be done.
The most pressing are:
- Porting Techne to DirectX/OpenGL
- Working on Techne Online, should shut up all those whining about Mac-versions (I am annoyed by them, does it show?)
- Getting animation back in
- Fix a load of bugs
- Tend to the wiki
So, who am I looking for?
Well, you need to be able to work in any of these languages.
- c# - obviosuly for Techne itself
- HTML/css - I need someone with webdesign experience, I utterly suck at it.
- brushing up the wiki a little, it's quite sad the way it sits there.
- Tending to the forum thread/feedback-mails we get.
I pretty much wrote Techne and the source is a bit messy at places due to uncontrolled growth.
If you are interested, either send me a pm, join [email protected] and talk to me or r4wk, biohazard or cojo if I'm not around.
Can also reach me on twitter @TechneModeler.
a lot, some are:
- Create box models
- Support for bigger textures
- Support for child-parts found in 1.9
- Preview texture mapping
- Export Texturemap
- Seeker that allows you to see what part of the texture is mapped to any given cube (and what side)
- Visual representation of the anchor-point
- Export the model to java code
- Export the model to turbo model thingy java
- History (ctrl+z/ctrl+y)
- Copy and paste
- Turbo Model Thingy support
- Save a model if you want to resume later
- Autoreloads texture when it gets changed
- lots of awesome stuff
Help and Tutorials
Can be found on our wiki
Mobs/Models created with Techne
Mods and models created with the help of Techne can be found on the wiki. If you made something, feel free to add your mod to that list.
veron101, aussie_modder, StrongJoshua for helping here in the thread - I simply wouldn't be able to answer everything.
iChun for reporting lots of bugs
FlayaN for creating most of the sample-models and being a nice guy
Roundaround for updating the models to the new format, helping figure out things.
and I'm sure I forgot someone :/
if I did -> #techne and slap me so I know better