• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[V1.5.1] Pfaeffs Mod (SSP) V1.2.3 (Allocator, Jump Pad, Light Sensor and more!)

• Please log in to reply
1310 replies to this topic

Pfaeff
    Pfaeff

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 503 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 02:56 AM

POPULAR

Posted Image

(the "aeff" is pronounced "aff" like in "affect")

Pfaeffs Mod is a mod for Minecraft 1.5.1 and ModLoader 1.5.1. It introduces some new block types (that can be installed separately, if you want to):

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

The Allocator

Default ItemID: 200

Posted Image

Description:

The Allocator sucks in items at the input and throws them out at the output. If a chest or a dispenser is connected to it, it will be used as input/output. As this was originally a suggestion for a new official Minecraft block type, there is this suggestion topic, which contains more specific information (and videos).

User interface:

Posted Image

Crafting Recipe (for 1 Allocator):

Posted Image

The Jump Pad

Default ItemID: 205

Description:

Items and players on it will be thrown in the air.

Crafting Recipe (for 4 Jump Pads):

Posted Image

The Chest Trap

Default ItemID: 201

Description:

Like a normal chest, but it will trigger adjecent blocks/redstone when items are being put in or taken out.

Crafting Recipe (for 1 Chest Trap):

Posted Image

Ercinee also made a nice chest trap (called Indicator chest), which emits redstone when it is empty. You should check it out. The latest version of the chest was inspired by his work. Posted Image

The Light Sensor

Default ItemID: 206

Description:

Similar to the daylight sensor, but instead of putting out a signal that is dependend on the position of the sun, it puts out a signal depending on the actual amount of light falling onto this block.

Crafting Recipe (for 1 Light Sensor):

Posted Image

Posted Image

Make sure you have no other mods installed that use those crafting recipes. Also make sure to Backup your savegame (no one knows).

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Block IDs

Block IDs can be adjusted by editing the "mod.properties" file with a text editor of your choice. The default IDs are (200, 201, 205. 206).

Installation

Install ModLoader first, if you haven't already. Then extract the archive and put all files inside the "modfiles" folder (not the folder itself) into your minecraft.jar. Here you can find a more detailed instruction for setting up Pfaeffs Mod and ModLoader by WhispersOfALostGirl. If you want to be able to adjust Block IDs, you will have to copy the "pfaeff" folder into your Minecraft directory (for windows, that would be %appdata%/.minecraft). You can then adjust the IDs by editing the "mod.properties" file. If you don't want to install certain mods, you can take the respective mod files out. Those files are:
  • mod_Allocator
  • mod_JumpPad
  • mod_ChestTrap
  • mod_LightSensor
Do not take out the "mod_Pfaeff" file or any file that doesn't start with "mod_", because those files may be needed for some of those mods. You can also turn them off in ModLoader's config file config/ModLoader.cfg.

Installation problems

If the game crashes or the mod simply doesn't work, please post the contents of the ModLoader.txt that is located in your Minecraft directory (%appdata%/.minecraft for windows users) and the pfaeff/log.txt which can also be found there.

Logging

This mod stores several information in a file called "log.txt". This file is located in your Minecraft directory under "pfaeff/log.txt". This file can provide useful information when there is a problem with the mod. If you want to get rid of it, or if it has grown too big, you can just delete it.

Download

One little thing about version numbers: Every 0.1 step is meant to have major features added or changes made to the mod. That doesn't always have to be the case though. Every 0.0.1 step is a small fix or update.

V1.2.3 (for Minecraft 1.5.1)
From Dropbox

V1.2.2 (for Minecraft 1.5.1)
From Dropbox

V1.2.1 (for Minecraft 1.4.7)
From Dropbox

V1.2.0 (for Minecraft 1.4.6)
From Dropbox

V1.1.0 (for Minecraft 1.4.5)
From Dropbox

V1.0.1 (for Minecraft 1.3.2)
From Dropbox

V1.0.1 (for Minecraft 1.3.1)
From Dropbox

V1.0.0 (for Minecraft 1.2.4)
From Dropbox

V0.9.1 (for Minecraft 1.1.0)
From Dropbox

V0.9.0 (for Minecraft 1.0.0)
From Dropbox

Source Code

Here you can download the source code of Pfaeffs Mod. It is not very well commented, but it might help someone. If you are Notch/Jeb or anyone from Mojang Posted Image , you have the permission to use it for Vanilla Minecraft Posted Image.

Latest
From Dropbox

Changelog

Version 1.2.3

• Added the Light Sensor

Version 1.2.2

• Updated to work with Minecraft 1.5.1
  • Removed - The Fan. It was too buggy and hoppers work far better for horizontal item transportation.
  • Changed - Allocator direction now consistent with the rest of minecraft

Version 1.2.1

• Updated to work with Minecraft 1.4.7

Version 1.2.0

• Updated to work with Minecraft 1.4.6
  • Changed - Allocators now always work with whole item stacks
  • Changed - Allocators now picking up only one (random) stack at a time from the ground
  • Changed - The mod now uses a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license (more information)

Version 1.1.0

• Updated to work with Minecraft 1.4.5
  • Added - Allocator finally supporting JukeBoxes
  • Added - New textures for the sides of the allocator (can be turned off in the mod.properties file)
  • Added - Support for creative mode
  • Fixed - Fan now working somewhat more reliably

Version 1.0.2

• Updated for Minecraft 1.3.2

Version 1.0.1

• Updated for Minecraft 1.3.1
  • Chest Traps now connecting properly
  • Fan seems to be broken again/still. I won't attempt to fix this until the official modding support is released, because this seems to happen again with every patch. I am sorry for that.

Version 1.0.0

• Set the version number to 1.0.0 (that was the hard part Posted Image)
  • Updated for Minecraft 1.2.4
  • Fan should now work more reliably
  • Allocator GUI now supports shift-clicking
For a changelog of the older versions see the Readme.txt in the download.

Hall of Fame

JackandBennet made a mod showcase, explaining the basic functionality of the mod:

Claustric made a very nice video, demonstrating the Allocator and the Chest Trap:

kamtschatka built a really awesome automated furnace. You should definitely watch his video:

This epic item sorting machine was built by Digital:

The (self-proclaimed) fastest item sorter:

Greetings,

Pfaeff

For the Allocator: I suggest, that mod specific suggestions (such as multiplayer support) or bugs should be posted in this thread, general suggestions (such as crafting recipes) can be discussed in the suggestion thread.
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Realusionist

Posted 10 March 2011 - 04:07 AM

This is a great idea. Good work, Pfaeff!

Posted ImagePosted Image

maxrmk
    maxrmk

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 05:29 AM

I like it. I like it alot.
Posted Image

DirtFreakFMX

Posted 10 March 2011 - 05:58 AM

Well done, great addition to the modding section :Zombie:
Posted Image
Posted Image
www.youtube.com/user/DirtFreakFMX My youtube channel, has tutorials and other good shtuff :D

Riking
    Riking

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 301 posts
  • Minecraft: Riking

Posted 10 March 2011 - 05:59 AM

Added to my "Mechanisms" modset.

Nice!

Ryushi
    Ryushi

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 972 posts
  • Minecraft: Ryushi

Posted 10 March 2011 - 06:09 AM

-facepalms at the first video-

You people should really clear areas when you make videos.

What is that thing anyway?
Click on the banner to visit the TF2 steam group
Posted Image

Noshire
    Noshire

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 274 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 12:01 PM

Thank you so much for the quick release! It works perfectly under Modloader v5 (without grass fix). You may want to try this configuration.

As for the crafting recipe, how about something like this:

Posted Image

Redstone for the power, gold for the mechanical parts (like in the clock recipe) and cobble as an outer mantle (since the Allocator looks like gold-tinted cobble right now). Since you would most probably need a certain amount of Allocators anyways, I thought that this recipe could give 4 of them - but I would craft tons of them even if it was on a 1:1 ratio. It's just too awesome.

By now, I've made my cactus farm store cacti automatically. I will try to add a cycle selector one day - a mechanism that is hooked to a multitude of chests and switches the active chest after each stored item. This would lead to a much larger storage space, especially for non-stackable items.

Pfaeff
    Pfaeff

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 503 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 12:27 PM

Thanks (I am glad it actually works :Notch: )

@Noshire: Let's discuss recipes in the other topic. If it turns out, that the recipe is too expensive, I will change it.

@Ryushi: I know :gravel: The dog is a bit annoying in this video.I will probably make a new one eventually.
Posted Image

SnoobYHD

Posted 10 March 2011 - 01:14 PM

Riking said:

Added to my "Mechanisms" modset.

Nice!

And where exactly can we find your Mechanisms modset?
Posted Image

ail_t
    ail_t

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 977 posts
  • Minecraft: ail_t

Posted 10 March 2011 - 04:44 PM

Nice dude!

SnoobYHD

Posted 10 March 2011 - 05:47 PM

Pleasse make this for Modloader V5 :P it would be alot better that way cuz then I can use it too and V5 is the newest modloader version all new mods will update to V5
Posted Image

TehKrush
    TehKrush

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1929 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 07:17 PM

Somebody liked you enough that they tried to claim one of your mods as theirs.. :Diamond:

viewtopic.php?p=3136740#p3136740

Xotano
    Xotano

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 220 posts
  • Minecraft: Xotano

Posted 10 March 2011 - 07:24 PM

would love to download and use it but 105 is used in the controller block for my gate :(
is a more used mod too

think you could possibly change the item ids a little next update or something, would be cool :)

actually i'm pretty sure my controller block mod is made by the modloader guy xD
if not it was some other guy, don't remember i forgot to bookmark it for later :D
i got a texture pack now, its here it changes how armor and tools look and has a few slight changes to a few blocks in terrain like making the redstone torch look more like a redstone torch then a lollipop.

Pfaeff
    Pfaeff

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 503 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 07:27 PM

Any suggestions for IDs that are less used? Or shall I make them adjustable?
Posted Image

Xotano
    Xotano

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 07:31 PM

Pfaeff said:

Any suggestions for IDs that are less used? Or shall I make them adjustable?
think its just the 105 but it might be 106 as well i'll have to check,
adjustable would be badass tho :P
search is down so i cant find it but i know i just searched controller block and clicked the first one i saw xD
ye no it wasn't the modloader guy's one his is just a floodgate xD
i got a texture pack now, its here it changes how armor and tools look and has a few slight changes to a few blocks in terrain like making the redstone torch look more like a redstone torch then a lollipop.

JackBread
  • Minecraft: JackBread

Posted 10 March 2011 - 07:40 PM

It's mods like this that make me want to throw away my ModLoader v4 saves(including one in which I'm building a giant sky fortress) and get ML v5. :o

Xotano
    Xotano

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 07:44 PM

JackBread said:

It's mods like this that make me want to throw away my ModLoader v4 saves(including one in which I'm building a giant sky fortress) and get ML v5. :D
i'd do the same if the rest of my mods wernt all ML v4 dependant xD

fghjconner

Posted 10 March 2011 - 07:49 PM

YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE

:--+:  :Ham:  :Ham:

THAT IS ALL

Xotano
    Xotano

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 07:59 PM

controller block mod i got is 105 to 109 but there are plenty other mods so i duno what codes are used/unused but i know for me 103 is fine 110 and 111 are fine.
mostly if you make it adjustable no one can tell you it conflicts with there mods :D
so adjustable would be win

Pfaeff
    Pfaeff

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 503 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 08:03 PM

I will make it adjustable then. The only problem with this is, that if people change the IDs and load an old savegame with different IDs, the game will crash.
Posted Image