(the "aeff" is pronounced "aff" like in "affect")Pfaeffs Mod is a mod for Minecraft 1.5.1 and ModLoader 1.5.1. It introduces some new block types (that can be installed separately, if you want to):
Default ItemID: 200
Description:The Allocator sucks in items at the input and throws them out at the output. If a chest or a dispenser is connected to it, it will be used as input/output. As this was originally a suggestion for a new official Minecraft block type, there is this suggestion topic, which contains more specific information (and videos).
Crafting Recipe (for 1 Allocator):
The Jump Pad
Default ItemID: 205
Description:Items and players on it will be thrown in the air.
Crafting Recipe (for 4 Jump Pads):
The Chest Trap
Default ItemID: 201
Description:Like a normal chest, but it will trigger adjecent blocks/redstone when items are being put in or taken out.
Crafting Recipe (for 1 Chest Trap):
Ercinee also made a nice chest trap (called Indicator chest), which emits redstone when it is empty. You should check it out. The latest version of the chest was inspired by his work.
The Light Sensor
Default ItemID: 206
Similar to the daylight sensor, but instead of putting out a signal that is dependend on the position of the sun, it puts out a signal depending on the actual amount of light falling onto this block.
Crafting Recipe (for 1 Light Sensor):
Make sure you have no other mods installed that use those crafting recipes. Also make sure to Backup your savegame (no one knows).
Block IDsBlock IDs can be adjusted by editing the "mod.properties" file with a text editor of your choice. The default IDs are (200, 201, 205. 206).
InstallationInstall ModLoader first, if you haven't already. Then extract the archive and put all files inside the "modfiles" folder (not the folder itself) into your minecraft.jar. Here you can find a more detailed instruction for setting up Pfaeffs Mod and ModLoader by WhispersOfALostGirl. If you want to be able to adjust Block IDs, you will have to copy the "pfaeff" folder into your Minecraft directory (for windows, that would be %appdata%/.minecraft). You can then adjust the IDs by editing the "mod.properties" file. If you don't want to install certain mods, you can take the respective mod files out. Those files are:
Installation problemsIf the game crashes or the mod simply doesn't work, please post the contents of the ModLoader.txt that is located in your Minecraft directory (%appdata%/.minecraft for windows users) and the pfaeff/log.txt which can also be found there.
LoggingThis mod stores several information in a file called "log.txt". This file is located in your Minecraft directory under "pfaeff/log.txt". This file can provide useful information when there is a problem with the mod. If you want to get rid of it, or if it has grown too big, you can just delete it.
DownloadOne little thing about version numbers: Every 0.1 step is meant to have major features added or changes made to the mod. That doesn't always have to be the case though. Every 0.0.1 step is a small fix or update.
V1.2.3 (for Minecraft 1.5.1)
V1.2.2 (for Minecraft 1.5.1)
V1.2.1 (for Minecraft 1.4.7)
V1.2.0 (for Minecraft 1.4.6)
V1.1.0 (for Minecraft 1.4.5)
V1.0.1 (for Minecraft 1.3.2)
V1.0.1 (for Minecraft 1.3.1)
V1.0.0 (for Minecraft 1.2.4)
V0.9.1 (for Minecraft 1.1.0)
V0.9.0 (for Minecraft 1.0.0)
Source CodeHere you can download the source code of Pfaeffs Mod. It is not very well commented, but it might help someone. If you are Notch/Jeb or anyone from Mojang , you have the permission to use it for Vanilla Minecraft .
- Added the Light Sensor
- Updated to work with Minecraft 1.5.1
- Removed - The Fan. It was too buggy and hoppers work far better for horizontal item transportation.
- Changed - Allocator direction now consistent with the rest of minecraft
- Updated to work with Minecraft 1.4.7
- Updated to work with Minecraft 1.4.6
- Changed - Allocators now always work with whole item stacks
- Changed - Allocators now picking up only one (random) stack at a time from the ground
- Changed - The mod now uses a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license (more information)
- Updated to work with Minecraft 1.4.5
- Added - Allocator finally supporting JukeBoxes
- Added - New textures for the sides of the allocator (can be turned off in the mod.properties file)
- Added - Support for creative mode
- Fixed - Fan now working somewhat more reliably
- Updated for Minecraft 1.3.2
- Updated for Minecraft 1.3.1
- Chest Traps now connecting properly
- Fan seems to be broken again/still. I won't attempt to fix this until the official modding support is released, because this seems to happen again with every patch. I am sorry for that.
- Set the version number to 1.0.0 (that was the hard part )
- Updated for Minecraft 1.2.4
- Fan should now work more reliably
- Allocator GUI now supports shift-clicking
Hall of Fame
Claustric made a very nice video, demonstrating the Allocator and the Chest Trap:
kamtschatka built a really awesome automated furnace. You should definitely watch his video:
This epic item sorting machine was built by Digital:
The (self-proclaimed) fastest item sorter:
For the Allocator: I suggest, that mod specific suggestions (such as multiplayer support) or bugs should be posted in this thread, general suggestions (such as crafting recipes) can be discussed in the suggestion thread.