• Please log in to reply
200 replies to this topic

Jameesy
    Jameesy

Carpenter

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 05:03 PM

Hey. I'm hoping for Notch to read this, because he is probably the only person that can help me out.

So, I created my Minecraft account, not realising that I did not put any Capitals in there.
Right now it is "jamesfoil"  But I would rather have it being "Jamesery" or "JamesFoil" (Like my Forum name)
Could Notch, or somebody with ranks high enough to change my account name?

Thanks a Bunch.  :Sheep:

Register or log in to remove.

supercolio
  • Location: Flying through the universe with my mighty jar of rasberry jam!

Posted 02 August 2010 - 05:28 PM

Create another account?
Posted Image

Jameesy
    Jameesy

Carpenter

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 05:34 PM

Can't.  Already bought the game on that account, and not paying again. :/

kaoD
    kaoD

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 05:51 PM

Same here, but my problem is I can't register again because my account is "kaOD".I want it to be "kaoD" but I can't create a new account because the user system is case-insensitive.

Jameesy
    Jameesy

Carpenter

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 07:07 PM

Bump ^^

dPod121
    dPod121

Newly Spawned

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 12:29 AM

I have the same problem, I want my user name to be dPod121 instead of dpod121

slaughbart

Posted 14 September 2010 - 05:38 PM

Yeah, I was curious about this as well.  I really should have created the account with the name everybody knows me on the forum I visit.  Otherwise I have to tell people who I am all the time.

Faceless
    Faceless

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1025 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 05:45 PM

As with pretty much any site, forum or game. They'll just tell you, tough shit.

This isn't really a "bug" or an "issue" or really even a "concern" in the eyes of the owners of said site/forum/game. Your mistake, you deal with it.

This isn't intended to be rude, or any kind of answer to your problem. Rather it's just an observation.
Posted Image

slaughbart

Posted 16 September 2010 - 07:48 PM

Why thank you.. you have a such a charming way of letting us know that we are all just dumb-asses.

Faceless
    Faceless

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1025 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 08:04 PM

When you misconstrue what I say to have the effect of me personally calling you a dumb-ass. Then I will have to agree that you are in fact, a dumb-ass. Though I will decline to agree that is what I originally said. Actually, what I really said was; your choice of username, erroneous or not, is an action completely of your own freewill.

By entering the username that is wrong, mistyped or breaks some legal contract that is between you and a third-party and does not include the game, it is your mistake and the owner of the game/site/forum is in no way, at fault.

Thus I concluded that, if you made the mistake, it's down to you to fix it. If you cannot fix it without the compliance of the owner of the site/game/forum - and they refuse to comply - there is no legal obligation to comply and the error remains unfixed. My observation was that, this is the stance of most games/sites/forums. Since they have no obligation to fix your mistakes, they will not comply if you ask them to.

If you want to put it into another context, it's like dropping your rubbish on the floor, then asking a complete stranger to pick it up and put it in the bin for you. The likelihood that the strange will comply is low, though not completely impossible.

Ironically, on the subject of obligations, I had no obligation to explain what my original post meant, I did so out of goodwill and partially because I don't want misconstrued posts to tarnish my reputation as a polite and helpful person. In a second state of irony, this post might actually have the reverse affect given the 'tone' that it is written.
Posted Image

aiuax
    aiuax

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 05:48 AM

I don't suppose any one has had any luck petitioning for this kind of a change, have they? I don't expect it's something that Notch feels obligated to address on a case by case basis, but I have to ask (as I am in the same situation).

Mr_Kite
    Mr_Kite

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 04:20 PM

I also want to change my name. I don't want my in-game nick to be my real world name. This is kind of annoying.

Mr_Kite
    Mr_Kite

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 07:27 PM

Also, I didn't make a mistake when naming my original account, it's just I didn't realise acccount name and in-game name were the same thing.

VillainousBob

Posted 10 October 2010 - 11:16 AM

god i would love not to be stuck as 'garyshandling' forever.

clawdz18
    clawdz18

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 11:43 AM

yeh i have the same problem ..i mean my name is clawdz18 .. and well, thats just gay

Inkubus
    Inkubus

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 05:03 PM

I wish I could have used > and < for my clan tag, instead of having to go with CSB_Inkubus...but no, the chat uses < and > for whatever reason..

Faceless said:

When you misconstrue what I say to have the effect of me personally calling you a dumb-ass. Then I will have to agree that you are in fact, a dumb-ass. Though I will decline to agree that is what I originally said. Actually, what I really said was; your choice of username, erroneous or not, is an action completely of your own freewill.

By entering the username that is wrong, mistyped or breaks some legal contract that is between you and a third-party and does not include the game, it is your mistake and the owner of the game/site/forum is in no way, at fault.

Thus I concluded that, if you made the mistake, it's down to you to fix it. If you cannot fix it without the compliance of the owner of the site/game/forum - and they refuse to comply - there is no legal obligation to comply and the error remains unfixed. My observation was that, this is the stance of most games/sites/forums. Since they have no obligation to fix your mistakes, they will not comply if you ask them to.

If you want to put it into another context, it's like dropping your rubbish on the floor, then asking a complete stranger to pick it up and put it in the bin for you. The likelihood that the strange will comply is low, though not completely impossible.

Ironically, on the subject of obligations, I had no obligation to explain what my original post meant, I did so out of goodwill and partially because I don't want misconstrued posts to tarnish my reputation as a polite and helpful person. In a second state of irony, this post might actually have the reverse affect given the 'tone' that it is written.

Alright, jesus. Chill.
Only the Hard Come Into the Garden!

Aphrodite
    Aphrodite

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 4220 posts
  • Minecraft: amz

Posted 12 October 2010 - 05:19 PM

Jameesy said:

Hey. I'm hoping for Notch to read this, because he is probably the only person that can help me out.

So, I created my Minecraft account, not realising that I did not put any Capitals in there.
Right now it is "jamesfoil"  But I would rather have it being "Jamesery" or "JamesFoil" (Like my Forum name)
Could Notch, or somebody with ranks high enough to change my account name?

Thanks a Bunch.  ;)
I twittered Notch about this a while ago, with my problem. I want it to be Haxelnut, not haxelnut. He said its impossible atm, not until he gets a web developer.

SadisticPenguin

Posted 21 November 2010 - 11:07 PM

Faceless said:

*drumroll* And the award for biggest over-reaction goes tooooo....
Posted Image
Yeah...I jumped on the bandwagon...now feed the damn egg.

coolbananas555

Posted 24 November 2010 - 12:12 PM

yeah mines coolbananas555 i want to change mine to EPICAPPLES HEHE  its funny i dont want the hehe imma tard
DarkOmegaMK2 wrote:
This + the Miners mod + pet mod + craftizens mod + enough material to build a town = total win!

EpicWafflez

Posted 05 December 2010 - 08:21 PM

There is a way , the program is Quick Memory Editor. When you open it it says search value so type in 'Players'. Next to it, it says Data Type and choose Strings. That's all I know from there. I got it from a friend. >_<