• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

How Many Players ?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

MrDarkiini

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:32 PM

About how many players can play on a FTB Unleashed server with 4GB of ram ?

Register or log in to remove.

Eoin@ClanSlots
  • Minecraft: cookednoodles

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:58 PM

The issue isn't ram, its cpu power, even more for mods.
Posted Image
I am a representative of ClanSlots (and an amazing one at that). Amazing game servers for intelligent and sexy people since 2009.

sirjoot
    sirjoot

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Minecraft: sirjoot

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:02 PM

View PostEoin@ClanSlots, on 27 September 2013 - 08:58 PM, said:

Which is absent in most Minecraft Hosts. None of them specify the CPU power... RAM does matter. However I would imagine most Minecraft use Xeon cores or there abouts. Although I can see in the matter of your hosting, you do say :) Which is good.

MrDarkiini

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:29 PM

View PostEoin@ClanSlots, on 27 September 2013 - 08:58 PM, said:

ohhhh , so i guess i should worry more about CPU than ram ?

StealthBravo
    StealthBravo

The Grim Reaperator

• Sectional Moderator
  • 3466 posts
  • Minecraft: StealthBravo

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:11 PM

View PostMrDarkiini, on 27 September 2013 - 09:29 PM, said:

ohhhh , so i guess i should worry more about CPU than ram ?
No. RAM and CPU power are of equal importance: you need both of them.

Regarding your original question though, I don't know a whole lot about FTB since I don't like mods in general, but you might be able to host 20-25 players, depending on how much memory and CPU FTB uses. I highly recommend that you speak to the author about this.

EDIT: FTB does use more memory, so I really can't give an estimate, especially since I've never run or played on an FTB server.

MrDarkiini

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:19 PM

View PostStealthBravo, on 27 September 2013 - 10:11 PM, said:

Regarding your original question though, I don't know a whole lot about FTB since I don't like mods in general, but you might be able to host 20-25 players, depending on how much memory and CPU FTB uses. I highly recommend that you speak to the author about this.

Ahh , Thanks ! :D

qtpriest
    qtpriest

Support Guru

• Members
  • 878 posts
  • Minecraft: stunseed

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:28 PM

View PostStealthBravo, on 27 September 2013 - 10:11 PM, said:

^^^ this!  i tried running a FTB server on my home computer with pretty much the same specs well not a Xeon but a AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz (4.2GHz Turbo), 8 cores and 16GB of ram i didnt give ALL that to the ftb server i also run 4 others regular minecraft.  but i did give ftb upwards of 6 gb in the end before i gave up on trying to get it to run because it just kept giving me problems and i didnt like how much resources the thing really needs to be optimized.
the earth first! we can strip mine the rest of the universe after. click the up arrow if i helped.
Be A part of a great server! connect with Theofficialmcserver.com

Posted Image

Eoin@ClanSlots
  • Minecraft: cookednoodles

Posted 28 September 2013 - 07:13 AM

Anything that has 8 cores like that isn't really what you want for FTB.

FTB is cpu, not ram intensive. Mostly due to the things like quarries and interesting redstone machines that people come up with. Unless its unleashed (that needs higher permgen etc..) its not 'that' ram intensive compared to normal minecraft.
Posted Image
I am a representative of ClanSlots (and an amazing one at that). Amazing game servers for intelligent and sexy people since 2009.