Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.6.X][SMP][Forge] Portal Gun - Reconstructed [v1] - Rewritten... again.

portal portalgun turrets forge

  • Please log in to reply
18760 replies to this topic

#1

iChun
    iChun

    Void Walker

  • Members
  • 1724 posts
  • Location: Malaysia

Posted 09 March 2011 - 10:53 AM

*
POPULAR

Portal Gun

We have moved info & content offsite!

Find everything you need here!

Mod support has moved to the IRC Channel, #iChun on espernet.

Ask for pig.

iChun's Blog



Old topic, last updated November 2012.
Spoiler:

Many thanks to
Posted Image
for providing hosting!

You can still download 1.5.1 here.

Edited by iChun, 13 November 2013 - 10:02 AM.

If you're going to PM me, please read this first...

Register or log in to remove.

#2

Semtex
    Semtex

    Stone Miner

  • Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 11:03 AM

*
POPULAR

You are my god man,
I've been looking forward to this so long Posted Image
I LOVE YOU.

Are there any test levels or something you made ?

#3

iChun
    iChun

    Void Walker

  • Members
  • 1724 posts
  • Location: Malaysia

Posted 09 March 2011 - 11:07 AM

Semtex said:

You are my god man,
I've been looking forward to this so long Posted Image
I LOVE YOU.

Are there any test levels or something you made ?

Sorry, no.. Its basically just the gun I remade. (I mentioned in the video's description that the levels in the video were created, solely for that vid.)

Btw trying to recreate the lighting as seen in the original trailer is difficult, which is why some scenes in the video were so dark.
If you're going to PM me, please read this first...

#4

Omnomnom24
  • Location: United Kingdom

Posted 09 March 2011 - 11:08 AM

I have one gripe/suggestion, but I think it's a valid one.

You're using 8 blockids, however you've got it so they can't be set higher than 117.

In an updated version, can you please make it so that it can be used up to blockid 255, it'd make it a lot easier on some of us I'm sure.

Thanks :]

'im not retarded and i have social skills and competence i may lack spelling but i could pwn u and ur horribal guild any day of the week' -Hasao0012


#5

kamikai
    kamikai

    Tree Puncher

  • Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 11:11 AM

wow... this looks really cool...

i must have it!
deep down, I'm quite superficial...

#6

iChun
    iChun

    Void Walker

  • Members
  • 1724 posts
  • Location: Malaysia

Posted 09 March 2011 - 11:13 AM

Omnomnom24 said:

I have one gripe/suggestion, but I think it's a valid one.

You're using 8 blockids, however you've got it so they can't be set higher than 117.

In an updated version, can you please make it so that it can be used up to blockid 255, it'd make it a lot easier on some of us I'm sure.

Thanks :]

Yeah, i know about that :/ but my friend has been pushing me to release it, so I just released it as is now (a small list of issues are in the back of my mind)

But as i have ongoing exams at the moment, i won't be updating till next week (where hopefully, i can fix some issues and reduce blockIds used)

Hey, nobody's 1st mod is perfect, right?
If you're going to PM me, please read this first...

#7

Omnomnom24
  • Location: United Kingdom

Posted 09 March 2011 - 11:14 AM

iChun said:

Omnomnom24 said:

I have one gripe/suggestion, but I think it's a valid one.

You're using 8 blockids, however you've got it so they can't be set higher than 117.

In an updated version, can you please make it so that it can be used up to blockid 255, it'd make it a lot easier on some of us I'm sure.

Thanks :]

Yeah, i know about that :/ but my friend has been pushing me to release it, so I just released it as is now (a small list of issues are in the back of my mind)

But as i have ongoing exams at the moment, i won't be updating till next week (where hopefully, i can fix some issues and reduce blockIds used)

Hey, nobody's 1st mod is perfect, right?
It's all good matey, I understand that exams come first, trust me. Your mod is amazing, so please don't think I was trying to bash it in any way, was just a friendly suggestion :]

'im not retarded and i have social skills and competence i may lack spelling but i could pwn u and ur horribal guild any day of the week' -Hasao0012


#8

iChun
    iChun

    Void Walker

  • Members
  • 1724 posts
  • Location: Malaysia

Posted 09 March 2011 - 11:27 AM

Omnomnom24 said:

iChun said:

It's all good matey, I understand that exams come first, trust me. Your mod is amazing, so please don't think I was trying to bash it in any way, was just a friendly suggestion :]

No problem about it. As i said, that was already in the list of issues in the back on my mind. Just glad you like it.
If you're going to PM me, please read this first...

#9

GnomeWorks
  • Location: Green Bay, WI, USA
  • Minecraft: GnomeWorks

Posted 09 March 2011 - 11:33 AM

Never got into the whole Portal thing.

But this is definitely a useful utility item in MC.
The reverse side also has a reverse side.
My Mods: Dungeon Mobs

#10

peabnuts123

Posted 09 March 2011 - 11:39 AM

VERY nice! I have been thinking about making this myself!
GLaD to see somebody has done it properly =)

Next up- custom shaders to make the portals work visually! Lol  :Notch:

#11

Mazdo
    Mazdo

    Tree Puncher

  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 03:33 PM

can you not make this for V4 modloader as well please all the mods are really V4 so none will work with it :'( thank you if you do  ( :Pig: Piggy :P)
Posted Image

Posted Image


#12

Deltanic

Posted 09 March 2011 - 03:34 PM

Holy fucking badwords! That's AMAZING

#13

skycaelus

Posted 09 March 2011 - 03:40 PM

this "IS" a triump!!!




how about making a portal "MOD" not only portal gun

like zombiecraft :Diamond:

add some blocks for portal(sentry....maybe fan blocks....)...etc....


The cake is not a lie.

XD

trying to make some map for this....+ what texturepack is that on video?

#14

klona
    klona

    Coal Miner

  • Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 03:46 PM

ZOMG!! This is awesome!! Good job!! :iapprove:  :Diamond:

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image


日本の平安を祈ります。

#15

Semtex
    Semtex

    Stone Miner

  • Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 03:49 PM

Want to have an ad banner for this ?
I'm kinda bored...
:Diamond:

#16

ClonetrooperHevy

Posted 09 March 2011 - 03:50 PM

Chance you make a plugin for hMod? This would be aaaawesome!

#17

ldoh0112
    ldoh0112

    Out of the Water

  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 03:57 PM

This is awesome!
Thanks

#18

Quarg
    Quarg

    Lapis Lazuli Collector

  • Members
  • 1077 posts
  • Location: Building mods with my feet.

Posted 09 March 2011 - 04:04 PM

only really one nitpick: the floor portals are only one block, and they have no direction.
and don't say data issues!

4 bits:
2 bits for direction.
1 bit for on floor or not.
1 bit for top or not.

though it does mean you will have to have two IDs (one orange one blue)

#19

SILLYJIMMY5

Posted 09 March 2011 - 04:05 PM

lolwut. How the hell did you make this. :D  :D  :Diamond:
Then who was phone.

#20

Quarg
    Quarg

    Lapis Lazuli Collector

  • Members
  • 1077 posts
  • Location: Building mods with my feet.

Posted 09 March 2011 - 04:51 PM

I just had an idea! if you put one in a dispenser it would fire portals rather than the gun. (not using up the gun of course)
or you could just make a new block for that ...