• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Simon_F
    Simon_F

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 08:35 AM

Hi, me and my friends were thinking about renting a server, we recently tried servercraft.co but it was very laggy since it is based in the USA, we were wondering if anyone could tell us which is the best UK server host at the moment.

Thanks! :P

P.S. Would 600MB of Memory be good enough for 8 Players Maximum?

Register or log in to remove.

NateN34
    NateN34

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 725 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 09:29 AM

Not sure of UK hosts, as I avoid them, because of VAT.

Although 600 mb is NOT enough at all for 8 players. Unless you like lag and crashing that is.

Simon_F
    Simon_F

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 09:41 AM

Thanks a lot! :RFlower:

Could you recommend the amount MB needed for 8 players max. for the experience to be enjoyable please?

Sheepdawg

Posted 09 March 2011 - 09:45 AM

http://www.counter-strike.com/

I use them for Minecraft.  Their support is amazing(responses within an hour or so and ALWAYS helpful and willing to go that extra mile.)  I have a 10 slot MC server and a 30 slot Vent for 11.99(was a deal for 50% off life of server).

Hope that helps.  And FWIW, ive used them, gameservers, artofwar, and some other provider i can remmeber ATM...and c-s.com was and continues to be the best host i have found.

They have EU locations it appears.  Amsterdam, Frankfurt, and London.

NateN34
    NateN34

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 725 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 09:55 AM

Simon_F said:

Thanks a lot! :Skeleton:

Could you recommend the amount MB needed for 8 players max. for the experience to be enjoyable please?

I'd say around 1 gig would be good. No less than 1 gig though.

Simon_F
    Simon_F

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 10:06 AM

Thanks to both of you!  :Skeleton:

MP-Dentist
    MP-Dentist

MultiplayGameservers.com

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 149 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 10:25 AM

Simon_F said:

Hi, me and my friends were thinking about renting a server, we recently tried servercraft.co but it was very laggy since it is based in the USA, we were wondering if anyone could tell us which is the best UK server host at the moment.

Thanks! :SSSS:

P.S. Would 600MB of Memory be good enough for 8 Players Maximum?

600mb is fine for a 8 slot server, particularly if you're with a host who uses SSDs such as us (Multiplaygameservers.com)

We're currently doing 25% off for 3 months or more prepay, so an 8 slot server hosted in London for 3 months would be £18 with 8 slots of Mumble. Check out our stickied post at the top if you want to know more!
Will 'Dentist' Lowther
MultiplayGameservers.com - World's Largest Minecraft Host

I am a representative of Multiplay Game Servers
Proud sponsors of the MinecraftForum.net Staff server

rolypoly
    rolypoly

Minecraftbox.com

• Members
  • 1073 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 03:45 PM

UK managed bukkit servers is possible with www.minecraftbox.com . Ton of plugins & friendly control panel.  :iapprove:
I am a representative of MinecraftBox.com | Managed Bukkit Servers | New Stocks! | Start from $2.95/mo! | Location: USA - Canada - UK - Germany - Netherlands

Killing
    Killing

MultiplayGameservers.com

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 08:19 PM

Obviously we're going to say we're the best, and who wouldn't but as the worlds largest Minecraft host we're clearly doing something right.

So what differenciates a Multiplay server from others:-
1. Our servers all use of SSD's for world storage which minimises lag providing a significantly smoother server than those that use traditional Disks for world storage.
2. We have unsurpassed knowledge and experience at hosting Minecraft which means we if there's an issue we ideally placed to help you with it.
3. Support, unlike a VPS we support you all the way with your server as we understand its not a simple game to get to grips with.
4. Multiple mod support, currently we support Vanila, hMod and now Bukkit so your server can work the way you want it to all through our state of the art control  panel Clanforge.
5. We're not just a host we're a developer, including having a member on the core Bukkit team so we have the capability to update quicker than any host out there when Notch releases an update.

To answer your question about 600MB, many will tell your its simply not enough and I'm afraid their are wrong. If you are inexperienced then yes its hard to do, but with the right setup 600MB is enough to support an ultra smooth server even up to 24 players.

If your interested in more about this check out our thread here which goes into more detail about memory requirements:
Multiplay | Managed Servers | SSD & PhoneSupport | Bukkit!

Hope this help, if you have any questions about our hosting please feel free to visit our forums http://support.multiplay.co.uk

For more information about our servers and pricing, which is as good as our support, see:
Minecraft Game Server Rental | Buy MC Server Hosting - Multiplay Gameservers

Simon_F
    Simon_F

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 09:53 PM

Thanks! I ended up buying a server from Multiplay and I was not disappointed, awesome server! :D

Killing
    Killing

MultiplayGameservers.com

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 10:11 PM

Glad your enjoy it Simon, keep a look out for announcements in the next few weeks about cool new features we're adding :Notch:

EshanMistry73

Posted 02 September 2013 - 03:22 PM

http://veoserv.com Is The Best.

UnitedMcHosting

Posted 02 September 2013 - 04:14 PM

Removed
Posted Image

Representative of UnitedMcHosting