Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Minecraft 1.6.4 Forge installer libraries failed to download


  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1

TheCookiemob

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:11 PM

Hey dudes,
So recently i wanted to get mods again and picked up the installer of forge for 1.6.4, ran it, and when the installation finished, i got something like this :

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These libraries failed to download. Try Again.
org.scala-lang:scala-library:2.10.2, org.scala-lang:scala-compiler:2.10.2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is this a forge bug or something else ... ?
Thanks.
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

#2

iFicS
    iFicS

    Zombie Killer

  • Members
  • 169 posts
  • Location: Cyberspace

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:20 PM

I'm not absolutely sure wither this is the server being weird, or security in the client causing it, but there is a manual download for those files.

View PostSaltyGrease, on 24 September 2013 - 01:01 AM, said:

This worked for me!
http://www.minecraft...ic,12532.0.html
Very simple, just download the replacement libraries and merge (not replace) with your existing libraries folder.

Quote

mDiyo: That is my goal. Make a Bacon Mushroom Burger!

#3

Evenios
    Evenios

    Zombie Killer

  • Members
  • 150 posts
  • Minecraft: Evenios

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:35 PM

Forge has always been a pain in the ass to install for me. and it figures they have a "easy install option" that doesnt work.   Would have hoped at Minecon they would have talked about the Mod Api coming out sometime soon but i guess that wont happen anytime lately......dont understand since so many people use forge why they havent fixed this by now........oh well.

#4

theminerforlife3
  • Location: Wattpad.com
  • Minecraft: theminer4life3

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:38 PM

View PostEvenios, on 06 November 2013 - 09:35 PM, said:

Forge has always been a pain in the ass to install for me. and it figures they have a "easy install option" that doesnt work.   Would have hoped at Minecon they would have talked about the Mod Api coming out sometime soon but i guess that wont happen anytime lately......dont understand since so many people use forge why they havent fixed this by now........oh well.

Everyone freaking says that Forge is a pain to install, so why the heck does it work like magic for me?

:?

God ain't dead.

Herobrine ain't dead.

I, on the other hand, am.


#5

Evenios
    Evenios

    Zombie Killer

  • Members
  • 150 posts
  • Minecraft: Evenios

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:36 PM

Ok i figured it out. in order to use the forge installer you have to place it in your /.minecraft directory otherwise it will not work.  Phew!

#6

theminerforlife3
  • Location: Wattpad.com
  • Minecraft: theminer4life3

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:17 AM

View PostEvenios, on 07 November 2013 - 10:36 PM, said:

Ok i figured it out. in order to use the forge installer you have to place it in your /.minecraft directory otherwise it will not work.  Phew!

Huh. That's odd, because when I did it, I just ran the installer straight from my Downloads directory and it worked fine! :?

Well, at least we solved the problem. :D

God ain't dead.

Herobrine ain't dead.

I, on the other hand, am.


#7

SynthHermit

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:15 PM

You don't need to place the Forge installer in any special place. Just make sure you run the version of mine craft you wish to mod. If you get an error like this, run an older version and the required libraries should download.

#8

theminerforlife3
  • Location: Wattpad.com
  • Minecraft: theminer4life3

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:36 PM

View PostSynthHermit, on 08 November 2013 - 05:15 PM, said:

You don't need to place the Forge installer in any special place. Just make sure you run the version of mine craft you wish to mod. If you get an error like this, run an older version and the required libraries should download.

Yeah, that's what I always thought, but some guy who was having problems was only able to install Forge when the installer was in .minecraft!

It's strange, I know.

God ain't dead.

Herobrine ain't dead.

I, on the other hand, am.


#9

MajorFish
  • Minecraft: efordy

Posted 30 November 2013 - 12:23 AM

I have the same problem. Two libraries dont download and neither does the forge json file

#10

RC1911
    RC1911

    Out of the Water

  • Members
  • 7 posts
  • Location: Romania -> Oradea

Posted 24 December 2013 - 10:23 AM

Job 'Version & Libraries' finished with 3 failure(s)!
Im going INSANE! I need help :P