Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

1.6.4 How To Install Forge and OptiFine (New Launcher ) - MineCraft

forge optifine 1.6.4

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

warprice

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:28 AM

Hey guys Just showing you how to install forge and optifine :)

Links and all are in the description.

[media=']
My Youtube account:   Wild2Gamers - YouTube
Look at my channel, it has awesome videos for you guys

Register or log in to remove.

Carro1001

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:08 PM

THANK U SO MUCH! Posted Image

TheEpicMinecrafting

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:57 PM

Thanks, I have installed shaders and OptiFine without problems. Great work!

MaD_HaTTeR1999

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:50 PM

For me when i tried Installing forge it said 'these files have failed to download' what do i do?Posted Image

warprice

Posted 28 September 2013 - 01:54 AM

Thanks guys for the awesome support! Really makes me happy that the video was useful Posted Image

View PostMaD_HaTTeR1999, on 27 September 2013 - 10:50 PM, said:

For me when i tried Installing forge it said 'these files have failed to download' what do i do?Posted Image
To answer your question  MaD_HaTTeR1999 I'm not 100% sure on your question since I have not ran into that error before, But! I did do some researching for you and it could be because your computer may have a strict Anti Virus program and that it's not allowing your pc to download the file automatically.I found a video to hopefully help you out, you may have to download the file manually which is a little longer progress then normal.

[media='https://www.youtube....FZ8'[/media]

warprice

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:57 AM

View PostMaD_HaTTeR1999, on 27 September 2013 - 10:50 PM, said:

View Postwarprice, on 28 September 2013 - 01:54 AM, said:

Thanks guys for the awesome support! Really makes me happy that the video was useful Posted ImageTo answer your question  MaD_HaTTeR1999 I'm not 100% sure on your question since I have not ran into that error before, But! I did do some researching for you and it could be because your computer may have a strict Anti Virus program and that it's not allowing your pc to download the file automatically.I found a video to hopefully help you out, you may have to download the file manually which is a little longer progress then normal.

[media=https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ALZutRmsFZ8][/media]

Also MaD_HaTTeR1999 if that isn't the case then try using the magic launcher since it is pretty easy to use and you can easily install optifine onto it, there are many tutorials as well to help you out if you encounter any problems using magic launcher as well so feel free to ask and I can help find some good tutorials and try my best to help you out.

MaD_HaTTeR1999

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:08 PM

View Postwarprice, on 29 September 2013 - 12:57 AM, said:

Also MaD_HaTTeR1999 if that isn't the case then try using the magic launcher since it is pretty easy to use and you can easily install optifine onto it, there are many tutorials as well to help you out if you encounter any problems using magic launcher as well so feel free to ask and I can help find some good tutorials and try my best to help you out.
The video you linked for me did'nt work but thanks anyway ive been trying the magic launcher and being to understand how to work it so Thanks.

Greesom
    Greesom

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • Minecraft: Greesom
  • Xbox:Greesom

Posted 16 October 2013 - 01:24 AM

Thank You Bro

warprice

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:19 AM

This video still works guys, if anyone is still not sure on how to install forge and optifine.

And no worrys Greesom :)

the next techy

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:41 AM

can someone help me with the simple install? i don't want to mess with the command line, but when i put the jar i got from the forums n the forge mods area like the author said i could, it gives me a render error and crashes.

warprice

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:17 AM

View Postthe next techy, on 25 October 2013 - 06:41 AM, said:

can someone help me with the simple install? i don't want to mess with the command line, but when i put the jar i got from the forums n the forge mods area like the author said i could, it gives me a render error and crashes.

Are you following my tutorial all the way through ?

dataDave
    dataDave

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:33 PM

When I try to open with the FML .jar with Java nothing opens up.

Latest version of Java downloaded.

Hmm... Doesn't seem to happen with 64-bit version, had to uninstall and then download the 32-bit version instead. It seems to work now. :)

Errr... Minecraft is now running under 32-bit mode due to the Java version (it thinks it's on a 32-bit OS because of this). Should I be worried?

Thanks.

WHOVIANFORLIFE

Posted 30 November 2013 - 07:34 AM

I followed the tutorial but when i press play it doesnt do anything!PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

JayMoredread

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:52 AM

Thanks. Great Tutorial :)

DJH75
    DJH75

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 05:13 PM

Does this work for 1.7.2?

Kant99
    Kant99

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 01:40 PM

Thanks!!! :)

xBL0X
    xBL0X

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Minecraft: xBL0X

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:59 PM

View PostWHOVIANFORLIFE, on 30 November 2013 - 07:34 AM, said:

I followed the tutorial but when i press play it doesnt do anything!PLEASE HELP ME!!!!
Exactly the same thing happening here. Launcher loads up and everything, then after hitting play it just closes out and nothing else happens. Seems to have broken Minecraft?Posted Image
Please reply,
Thanks.

PyroShard
  • Minecraft: Cytronizer

Posted 29 January 2014 - 03:13 AM

I downloaded the new Optifine for 1.6.4 and I didn't have to do all this. Instead it installed it automatically, but then you saved my life when it suddenly crashed one day and I had to re-install it manually. Thanks!

albertz98

Posted 03 February 2014 - 04:44 PM

I tried this on 1.7 and it was really broken it always ONLY showed me my Menu screen and when i went into the menu with ESC it puted another menu and when i tried ESC again it didn't close it i tried esc again it opened anothe menu ........

Halp
Posted Image

electricgammer

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:31 PM

Here is ElectricGammer (from Ireland) tutorial vid on how to install Optifine for 1.7.1.6 - it might be informative / funny / useful etc ....

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image