• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Super Secret Settings? (Snapshot 13w38c)

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

The_mInecraftMan

Posted 20 September 2013 - 04:33 PM

Hello fellow Minecrafters,

I now know after watching a few Snapshot showcases for 13w38c, that the Super Secret Setting are infact Shaders. Excited, I hurried to my laptop and waited impatiently for Minecraft to load up.

However, when I pressed the button, and I did many times, it did not work.

Anybody else get this? Any solutions?

Register or log in to remove.

lolb01
    lolb01

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 364 posts
  • Minecraft: lolb01

Posted 20 September 2013 - 04:44 PM

Turn on post processing.
Or you made the mistake of thinking selecting "snapshots" jar in the launcher would keep it up to date, but are actually playing a old snapshot.

QUOTE ME OR I WILL LIKELY NOT REPLY!

If I helped you in any way, press that green arrow in the lower right hand corner of my post!

Posted Image

Puredarkness

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:16 PM

Does the map thing work?

It might be the post processing thing as said by the above poster, though.
The Darkness will win one day, and light's time being the winner is nearing it's end. Because light is overrated.
People, the Modification Development section is for MODS, not Bukkit plugins. Do not be surpised if you don't get any help from there.
Spoiler: Random fact

kwerti
    kwerti

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 584 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:44 PM

Actually, you'll have to go into options.txt and turn "fboenable" to true
Posted Image
Imitation is the most basic form of flattery. And yes, there is a 50/50 chance you got it right.

diamond_boss123

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:05 PM

View Postkwerti, on 20 September 2013 - 07:44 PM, said:

it was already like that when i went there and i used the super secret settings and i didnt work

Hazradous_the_Miner

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:17 AM

Im having the same issue but I cannot find this 'post-processing' option in my video settings.

gfddsg4
    gfddsg4

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:22 AM

Just stating the obvious; if you're running java 6 or have only integrated graphics (not a proper graphics card) or you're running on some very old hardware the shaders probably won't work. Oh, and the shaders can only be activated ingame not while you're on the main menu.

Hazradous_the_Miner

Posted 21 September 2013 - 02:44 PM

View Postlolb01, on 20 September 2013 - 04:44 PM, said:

Turn on post processing.
Or you made the mistake of thinking selecting "snapshots" jar in the launcher would keep it up to date, but are actually playing a old snapshot.
I couldnt find post-processing in my video settings (btw I'm using 13w38c I checked)

Euan_H
    Euan_H

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:10 AM

Turn on post processing.

View Postkwerti, on 20 September 2013 - 07:44 PM, said:

Ok so I am having this problem as well, it makes a laughing sound when I click it. But I am noobish with computers so where would I find Options.txt or is that just the minecraft options menu? And I don't even know what post-processing is.
If you agree reputations are greatly appreciated! (Click the green arrow if you agree)

gfddsg4
    gfddsg4

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:27 PM

View PostEuan_H, on 22 September 2013 - 08:10 AM, said:

Ok so I am having this problem as well, it makes a laughing sound when I click it. But I am noobish with computers so where would I find Options.txt or is that just the minecraft options menu? And I don't even know what post-processing is.
If you agree reputations are greatly appreciated! (Click the green arrow if you agree)

If you don't even know where the options.txt file is you shouldn't be playing experimental development versions of the game. You do realize that if it so happens a development version  up your whole computer YOU are fully responsible for the damage caused.

Timexturner

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:37 PM

Same here, I have a windows vista laptop and every time I click super secret settings, nothing happens except noises, I tried it on snapshot a b and c but nothing :(

epicjoey27
    epicjoey27

The Meaning of Life, the Universe, and Everything...

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:32 AM

@Timexturner

Same Here,

MCFormater
  • Minecraft: MCFormater

Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:51 PM

They work fine for me... I have an integrated card, the only problems I have, are some drop my fps from 50 or so, to 1-5.

Posted Image

Flameburner

Posted 28 September 2013 - 11:14 PM

i found out that if you keep clicking the button it will activate the shaders you know ones there when you can see it in the f3 menu
Posted Image

The_mInecraftMan

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:49 AM

Turn on post processing.

What exactly is "post processing"?

erainf
    erainf

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Minecraft: erainf2000

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:42 AM

Pressing [F4] should work...
Posted Image

The_mInecraftMan

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:13 AM