Minecraft won't start! [1.6.4] Crashes after "play"

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Nachozman

Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:49 PM

Is this what you get?
Description: Initializing game

org.lwjgl.LWJGLException: Pixel format not accelerated
at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.nChoosePixelFormat(Native Method)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.choosePixelFormat(WindowsPeerInfo.java:52)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsDisplay.createWindow(WindowsDisplay.java:244)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.createWindow(Display.java:306)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:848)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:757)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:739)
at atv.O(SourceFile:297)
at atv.d(SourceFile:599)
at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:101)

The same thing has been happening to me. I've tried uninstalling and re-downloading it numerous times to no avail.

Register or log in to remove.

Derpy_Bacca

Posted 21 September 2013 - 12:16 AM

same problem pls help

Extreme_Heat

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:50 PM

View PostNachozman, on 20 September 2013 - 11:49 PM, said:

View PostDerpy_Bacca, on 21 September 2013 - 12:16 AM, said:

Then you should see this page if were not already prompted to see it.

Forum Rules - Need live support? Try #minecrafthelp!

If you expect a reply, please quote my posts!

zedsded
    zedsded

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:59 PM

I had this same exact problem. I was using a dell laptop with a Radeon x1400 GPU.

My problem was that I only had the stock integrated graphics chip driver.
I fixed it by installing a specific driver for the x1400.

I think the problem stems from your graphics chip not being able to handle minecraft.
so if you have a crappy integrated graphics chip that wont let you play video games in the first place you're likely out of luck.
But if you know that you can play games on your computer and you seem to be having a problem with this game I'd suggest starting by checking out the drivers and making sure that they are correct and up to date.

if you have a laptop with integrated graphics I'm not sure there is much you can do as most laptops don't have an expansion slot for a dedicated graphics card. But if you're having this problem with a desktop then I'd say go out and buy your self a nice graphics card.

Best of luck. If i find any more info about playing minecraft with integrated graphics and a solution to this problem I'll post back.

zedsded
    zedsded

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:48 PM

Ok so I am on another laptop right now that was having this issue. It has an integrated graphics chip Quadro NVs 135m
I looked up the specs of it and it matches the minimum requirements of minecraft. i was initially confused because i thought I had the correct drivers but it turns out I didn't.

After some searching I found that nvidia had a recent release of a new driver for windows 8 which is what I'm using. I downloaded and installed the driver and now minecraft runs beautifully. No more crashing.

so I retract my previous statement about not being able to run it off integrated graphics.

Go to Canirunit.com and check if you at least meet the minimum requirements. If so and you're still getting a crash then figure out what graphics chip you have and find the most up to date driver possible. You should be good to go after that.

TheAnoyingTroll

Posted 11 November 2013 - 01:02 PM

Jeez Mojang.I played 10 freaking days minecraft 1.6.4 at a server with my new PC. Now after clicking on Play it says the same thing.Why ? Why ?

Please help me -.-

Also being a newbie doesn't mean i am tottaly noob at Minecraft and that i suck at Computers :)

GummyCraft

Posted 11 November 2013 - 02:28 PM

View PostTheAnoyingTroll, on 11 November 2013 - 01:02 PM, said:

Jeez Mojang.I played 10 freaking days minecraft 1.6.4 at a server with my new PC. Now after clicking on Play it says the same thing.Why ? Why ?

Please help me -.-

Also being a newbie doesn't mean i am tottaly noob at Minecraft and that i suck at Computers Posted Image

Not that Mojang is innocent, but its because something changed on your machine. Follow the link given by Extreme_Heat just about the only cause for this is the graphics driver.

twd.GummyCraft.net
The Walking Dead
A Minecraft Server unlike any other.
Custom mods to emulate the show, not off the shelf "Zombie Apocalypse"

TheAnoyingTroll

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:07 PM

nvm i think Mojang just don't give information about their progams and applications.I didn't download something and i don't know what happened i want my money BACK or a new pc :)