• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Can I migrate old unpaid minecraft username when i buy minecraft?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

etronz
    etronz

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:31 PM

I discovered Minecraft in 2010 during the early alpha days, registered my username on minecraft.net, quickly lost interest & didn't buy it.

I'm interested in the game again & i want to buy minecraft now. However, I'm not seeing any clear migration path for my old unpaid minecraft.net username to a modern paid mojain account. My old username is awesomely short (indicative of a very early player squating on a good name) & i must have it.

I can still log into my unpaid minecraft.net account, but purchasing the game now requires a mojang account. The last thing i want to happen is $30 waisted on a new username.

Should I just register a new mojang account, buy the game on the new mojang portal, and pray for a successful transfer of the old unpaid username?

Thank you for your feedback in this sub-forum. Tech support is underappreciated.

Register or log in to remove.

ReviewTheMineCraft
  • Minecraft: JoeyChor

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:40 AM

Registering the name is free. Getting a full account isn't. I'm confused?
If you'd like to quickly respond to me. quote me so I get notified
If I helped you, whether it's a question or not, press the Posted Image for me.

cridus
    cridus

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 12:10 AM

etronz, a mod told me that you can choose any name that wasn't paid, but you can't really know if it has been taken or not. the mojang site does ask you if you had an old free account, and if you want to use that name. it asks for name and password and then it will let you use it.

p.s. if the name you want to use is "etronz" or "Etronz", I checked for you on the mojang site: they are both available.