Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

1.6.3 jar file question

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Infinity Dragon
  • Minecraft: Infinity_Dragon

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:29 PM

I want to "fix" my nether fortresses, but a can't seem to find the standalone .jar file. All Mojang has given is the server version. I'll grumble through a reinstall if I have to, but does anyone know how to get this up and running/where to find it?

Register or log in to remove.

Hambeau
    Hambeau

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:49 PM

I don't know if this answers your question, but you select 1.6.3 by editing a profile, enabling the use of Snapshots, and selecting 1.6.3 from the Snapshot dropdown menu, as if you were enabling a 1.7 image.  Do not select use latest, that will use the newest 1.7 'shot.

Infinity Dragon
  • Minecraft: Infinity_Dragon

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:15 PM

Ok, I found the option. I cant decide if the way they did it was usefull, or obtuse...

WilchHabos
  • Minecraft: WilchHabos

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:54 PM

View PostInfinity Dragon, on 17 September 2013 - 04:15 PM, said:

Ok, I found the option. I cant decide if the way they did it was usefull, or obtuse...

It may seem obtuse, but as it's currently a pre-release and not an actual update where do you expect to find it? Judging by the lack of re-uploads of the 1.6.3 pre-release I think it'll be out Thursday anyway, so you could've just waited if you didn't want the hassle.

Glad you got your answer fairly quickly.

cecilexplodes
  • Minecraft: cecilkrakken

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:55 PM

View PostInfinity Dragon, on 17 September 2013 - 04:15 PM, said:

Thew new launcher makes it infinitely easier.....