• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

/tellraw?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

TheChromiumSlime

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:52 PM

I was looking at the changelog for the new snapshot, and I saw that there is a new command called /tellraw. Anyone know what it does? Or is it written there already, and i'm just being dumb? I'd try it myself, but i'm on my nexus 7.

Register or log in to remove.

Puredarkness

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:56 PM

It's JSON stuff, even I don't understand that. Sethbling has it figured I do believe, but he says it's difficult. When sethbling says something's difficult, you know it's hard to understand. It's used for word button things in the chat.
The Darkness will win one day, and light's time being the winner is nearing it's end. Because light is overrated.
People, the Modification Development section is for MODS, not Bukkit plugins. Do not be surpised if you don't get any help from there.
Spoiler: Random fact

RotomGuy
    RotomGuy

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1749 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:57 PM

It's very, very complicated. One function I know it has is clickable text in the chat which runs commands.

Forum Rules and Minecraft General Rules
Do read them before posting. I mean it. >:C
Grass Block is still here, though most of you have probably clicked it by now. Posted Image
Do not suggest Vertical Redstone, Emerald Tools, Obsidian Tools and Skylands. They will be burnt in a hole.

TheChromiumSlime

Posted 13 September 2013 - 12:43 AM

Thanks! The JSON text isn't that hard for me...

Prime_Jetspace
  • Minecraft: Prime_Jetspace

Posted 13 September 2013 - 01:38 AM

View PostPuredarkness, on 12 September 2013 - 07:56 PM, said:

It's JSON stuff, even I don't understand that. Sethbling has it figured I do believe, but he says it's difficult. When sethbling says something's difficult, you know it's hard to understand.

View PostRotomGuy, on 12 September 2013 - 07:57 PM, said:

It's very, very complicated.

Read this. When you understand it fully, it's as easy as summon and give datatags. I'll paste my personal list of examples for tellraw here:

Spoiler:

Anything in quote marks can be changed to whatever.

Posted Image

This mod deserves every byte of support it gets.

yotamN
    yotamN

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:25 AM

View PostPuredarkness, on 12 September 2013 - 07:56 PM, said:

It's JSON stuff, even I don't understand that. Sethbling has it figured I do believe, but he says it's difficult. When sethbling says something's difficult, you know it's hard to understand. It's used for word button things in the chat.

You just need to learn Javascript and it's will be easy, i don't a genius in javascript so i don't know alot but it's simple, you see long line of code but if you write this in WebMatrix or other code editor program you will get this:
Posted Image
i'm not speak good english -.-