Latest News Article

Super Secret Settings Exposed! Minecraft 1.7 Snapshot

minecraft 1.7 secret settings

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

HoldfastGames

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:16 PM

What could this mean!??
Check out a look into the latest hidden tease from Mojang. Super Secret Setting in the options menu reveal some spooky sound. Check it out for your self!

Click to subscribe!http://bit.ly/HoldChannel

─────────────────────────
Enjoy my videos? Support my channel:
─────────────────────────

►Follow Me On Twitter - http://bit.ly/HoldTweet
►Like Me On Facebook- http://bit.ly/HoldFB
►Check Out My Channel - http://bit.ly/HoldChannel
►Buy Me A Coffee - http://bit.ly/HoldCoffee

───────
Other info:
───────

Music by Raider: http://ixraider.com

Register or log in to remove.

mouse85224
  • Minecraft: mouse85224

Posted 12 September 2013 - 06:16 AM

if you keep playing it you will eventually come across galacticraft sounds!
if you say 'plz' because it is shorter than please, than i will say 'no' because its shorter than yes.

EzerArch
  • Minecraft: EzerArch

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:09 AM

View Postmouse85224, on 12 September 2013 - 06:16 AM, said:

if you keep playing it you will eventually come across galacticraft sounds!
I found one, it's the Galacticraft's Moon boss:

(direct to the point: @ 2:45)
Posted Image
Ezer'Arch's newest video: "100th video special - 1000 creeper explosions on Mars"

DaftPony
    DaftPony

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Minecraft: DasMaus
  • Xbox:RainbowArmyDash

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:02 AM

Well mine dont make these sounds :(
Posted Image

twisted_spiral1

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:07 PM

I think that it might be something like a sound button to inform you about the update. It could also BE a tab with new settings, but you might have to kill the enderdragon or wither or something using the new update? If you're looking for something else trolly, try this; when you're
creating a world in the new snapshot, go to the worldgen, then go past default, go past superflat, go past large biomes, you will find a new
worldgen that makes extra tall biomes. ( I mean, realy, really high. The're above the clouds! ) Sorry for the really long post. Posted Image

Everett1999
  • Minecraft: Everett1999

Posted 14 September 2013 - 06:28 PM

Apparently, in the C:\Users\"Your user"\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\assets\sound folder, there is a folder called "galacticraft" in 13w37b. I have installed galacticraft before, however this cannot be there because of previous installations because anything that is not supposed to be in the assets folder by default, gets deleted when you run Minecraft. Meaning, there may be a possibility of this being a hint at the modding api? Maybe. Maybe it means something crazy and galacticraft is getting added to vanilla. I doubt it, but it might be a possibility.

GAMEREASTMAN713
  • Minecraft: TotalGamer713

Posted 14 September 2013 - 08:48 PM

This should be interesting...
This website actually is pretty cool... Help me out by clicking the eggs ---> Posted Image Posted Image

cake_zero

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:31 PM

View PostEverett1999, on 14 September 2013 - 06:28 PM, said:

Apparently, in the C:\Users\"Your user"\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\assets\sound folder, there is a folder called "galacticraft" in 13w37b. I have installed galacticraft before, however this cannot be there because of previous installations because anything that is not supposed to be in the assets folder by default, gets deleted when you run Minecraft. Meaning, there may be a possibility of this being a hint at the modding api? Maybe. Maybe it means something crazy and galacticraft is getting added to vanilla. I doubt it, but it might be a possibility.
that is a VERY, VERY, VERY interesting suggestion... I wonder... :)

Posted Image

Bright, Happy, and New!

aman1209
    aman1209

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Minecraft: AMAN1209
  • Xbox:DAT AMAN KID

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:33 PM

If the modding api is the suprise that would be pretty interesting Posted Image
Posted Image

FGHIK
    FGHIK

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 504 posts
  • Minecraft: FGHIK

Posted 20 September 2013 - 03:28 AM

Strange stuff going on
Posted Image

PeterSvP
    PeterSvP

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:34 PM

I got random Post-Screen Shaders and a lot of variations of them, each time after I click the Super Secret Settings button. There is a link to my Google Picasa Web album with these screenshots. I clicked the button so much times and while ingame it changes the shader each timee I use it.

SO we have SHADERS! Shaders with no mods Posted Image

https://plus.google....432276265512257

I feel like it is one shader with a bunch of settings But I don't know. These effects just get applied randomly.

joyjoy777

Posted 28 September 2013 - 08:03 PM

When I press it it messes with the graphic like it turned my game upside down and made it look like i was playing on an old TV.

WORD_559
    WORD_559

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:03 AM

It's basically just an effects changer. I managed to get my minecraft looking like it was DOOM or Test Drive! It's pretty damn cool!

Striker_J_17
  • Minecraft: Striker_J_17
  • Xbox:Striker J 17

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:24 AM

The super secret settings apparently a) gave me different texture packs when clicked, and B) in the sounds folder, my extra sound folder was named "portal".

P.S. im a big portal fan
'Nuff said

darkmatter616

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:29 AM

When I press the "Super Secret Settings" button, nothing happens aside from a random noise. No Shader effect whatsoever. Does anyone have a clue what's happening?

haro1230
    haro1230

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:53 PM

it plays a random noisde from the game or in updates to come and it screws upyour graphics like joyjoy777 said 1 time i turned it and it was changing color and it was like disco vision pretty sweet :D

NichoNicho
  • Minecraft: Haske1

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:56 PM

it changes textures....really weird...it was normal when i got the falling anvil sound...strange

Coolcam9930

Posted 25 October 2013 - 08:24 PM

Super Secret Settings don't work for me! When I hit on it nothing happens

View Postdarkmatter616, on 22 October 2013 - 12:29 AM, said:

When I press the "Super Secret Settings" button, nothing happens aside from a random noise. No Shader effect whatsoever. Does anyone have a clue what's happening?
Me too that happen's aswell

nanodog12
  • Minecraft: nanodog13

Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:05 PM

Well it scared the living hell out of me, i accidentally hit the buttom without noticing it.

ethanwdp
    ethanwdp

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • Minecraft: ethanwdp

Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:16 PM

It's shaders. I was testing out the 'AMPLIFIED' world, and I pressed F3 if my computer was beefy enough. It was. So out of curiosity I clicked on "Super Secret Settings" and when I unpaused the world was blurred and I was getting 1 FPS. In F3 I noticed that there was a "Shaders", and whenever I clicked the Super Secret Settings the file path and name of the presumed shader changes.

Edit- So I'm not so brilliant after all, in the 1.7.2 change log it says "Added shader testing(Click Super Secret Settings a couples times)". Hey, at least the mystery is unraveled.

Edit2- Oh, and clicking Super Secret Settings in the main menu instead of in-game plays a random sound. I've heard in game sounds to what sounds like a alternative and creepier zombie moaning and definitely a Galacticraft Spaceship take off. And others I don't care to mention, but it's interesting.