Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:13 PM
How did they even manage this? 0.o
P.S. They are screwed when 1.7 comes out 50,000 new lines of coding
Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:22 PM
We can certainly hope so though.
As for the force op, I've been hearing about that lately.... Still sounds far fetched but since it's only cracked servers that are affected, (At least, I assume, and hope it is) I don't really care too much.
Just play on proper servers.
Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:26 PM
Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:38 PM
Buying better security? Explain please, because it sounds like pure BS when you say it like that.
Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:49 AM
Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:42 AM
Only case where such things are possible is when the server has a backdoored plugin installed (ex. NoCheat++, note the two +es.) or the PC where the console is on is infected whit a backdoor virus which allows the ''Hacker'' to acces the console.
Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:52 AM
I'm not quite sure exactly how force-op works, but I don't see it very often, so I imagine it's difficult to do. It'd be far easier just to manipulate the server owners into op'ing you manually.
There's a similar hack called a "session stealer" that I see quite often. Mostly I see people trick the server owner into joining a fake IP, which somehow allows the hacker to access their account on their server and run commands off of it (if they're opped), but most server owners aren't quite dumb enough to fall for that.
Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:04 AM
Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:38 PM
Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:02 AM
My fan fiction of the game: http://www.minecraft.../#entry24096758
Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:15 AM
Do you mean a proxy?
Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:18 AM
Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:20 PM
Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:09 PM
I don't really believe that.
Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:13 PM
Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:49 AM
Posted 12 September 2013 - 03:25 AM
1. You had a backdoored one installed for sure. Never accept plugins from your users, never download plugins from outside of dev.bukkit.com, always check the codes of new plugins before installing. Cant do that? Learn Java before you host a server.
2. Markus ''Notch'' Persson isnt Dev of MC anymore thus he wont do anything.
3. Nodus got discontinued, because its dev didnt like the way people use his client (thats what i heard but i somewhat doubt thats the only reason).
4. Nodus never had force op hacks.
5. Op can not be forced trough client hacks or a hacked client.
Posted 12 September 2013 - 04:50 AM
It's simply not possible
Either you have bad moderators or they're bluffing
Currently playing: Infernal Sky II, The Fire Beneath
Currently playing: Terraria, Spelunky
Posted 12 September 2013 - 04:56 AM
Common forms of getting op:
- Session stealing (was patched I think, not sure)
- Bruteforcing admin passwords
- Backdoor on server machine
- Bruteforcing SSH or FTP (Usually server has measures to prevent this)
- Social Engineering skills