• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.6.X][Forge][SMP] Reika's Mods (Tech, WorldGen, Civilization, and more)

tech realistic energy power nuclear redstone biomes rocks crystals civilizations

• Please log in to reply
7636 replies to this topic

Zandorum
    Zandorum

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 559 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 07:03 PM

View PostReika, on 10 March 2014 - 08:58 AM, said:

Top-right of the GUI.
Yeast. It's also what I'm trying to make.

Register or log in to remove.

Reika
    Reika

Ghast Hunter

• Members
  • 2674 posts
  • Minecraft: Reika_Kalseki

Posted 10 March 2014 - 07:15 PM

View PostRouby, on 10 March 2014 - 06:56 PM, said:

Then that should be changed to be dependant on minecrafts language-settings. If I set my game to english I assume the numbers are formatted english too Posted Image
It is an automatic Java function that I have no control of. Also, I see no reason why your MC language settings should be different from those on your computer. Do you speak one language while playing MC and another in Windows in general?

View PostZero5211, on 10 March 2014 - 05:06 PM, said:

How would this change things for you Reika?
https://twitter.com/...958193267064832
Well, I am going to have to rewrite my registry anyways, so that is not such a big deal. However, it is going to royally screw over a lot of other code.

View PostB0bst3r45, on 10 March 2014 - 04:22 PM, said:

Bugs found in 18d
Taking a bucket of fuel (in creative mode using NEI) and putting it into a Tank puts a bucket of lubricant in the tank.
Taking a bucket of ethanol (in creative mode using NEI) and putting it into a Tank puts a bucket of fuel in the tank.
Taking a bucket of lubricant (in creative mode using NEI) and putting it into a Tank puts a bucket of heavy water in the tank.
Taking a bucket of heavy water (in creative mode using NEI) and putting it into a Tank puts a bucket of hydrofluoric acid in the tank.
I will look into this, but I suspect it is something in your setup, as I have not changed this code for 8 months and people would have noticed it by now.

View PostEverRunes, on 10 March 2014 - 04:16 PM, said:

When draining lava out of a reservoir using Thermal Expansion's liquiducts, when empty the texture doesn't update to show it is empty until you enter and exit the reservoir's GUI.
Yes, this is because that is what seems to send the update packet.

Reika, can you please cut down on the extreme nerfing of the cross-mod powergen that generates power for other mods, or can generate power for your mod? If you keep up these nerfs, you will render those items/machines useless. I know you nerfed the Magnetostatic Engine because people were using that instead of your own powergen, but if you made your mods' own powergen more fps friendly, then people may be more inclined to use your mods' own powergen.
I see no reason why the magnetostatic would be significantly more FPS-friendly than anything else. Also, I had people complaining incessantly pre-nerf because it made a lot of expensive things too easy to get.

I watched your video on the fusion reactor, you stated that if you have it running at full pelt that it would generate the same amount of entities as 10,000 creepers. That's a quite ridiculous amount of entities, why is such a large amount necessary?
That was a figure of speech. Real numbers are more like 200.

At this rate, rotary/reactorcraft may end up being modpack-killers because of the amount of lag that may end up happening. At the moment, it seems that your mods cause more lag than Atomic Science, IC2 and GregTech combined (that includes Greg's fusion reactor).
What version are you using? v15 enormously improved FPS and v18 caused equal improvements to bandwidth. They are never going to be as light as Thermal Expansion unless I made everything a block and scrapped the entire power system and replaced it with on/off.

I'm also quite disappointed, because your mods started out quite well, but now they are becoming lag machines and nerf-crazy.
This is rather improbable considering the number of pitchfork-mobs I find complaining RC is overpowered.

In fact, most of your nerfs I've only found out about from either videos on youtube, or finding out myself (the hard way). If you're gonna nerf, could you be a bit more forthcoming about what you've nerfed, how much, and why?
This is why you read changelogs.

Also, please state the limits of the coils (industrial, etc), since the handbook doesn't state this.
Posted Image
Posted Image

View PostRivaryn, on 10 March 2014 - 04:11 PM, said:

I believe the microblocks question has been asked before, and the answer was something along the lines of 'the mod would require a complete rewrite due to how it checks for machines attached to other machines'.  But I can't find the post that specifically says that.
That and how it would cause major FPS drops because I would be constantly fetching TileEntities.

Oh, and most importantly: It would make RC dependent on FMP to even work.

Feel free to support me and my mods  Posted Image

----------------------------------------------------------------

Posted Image

Rivaryn
    Rivaryn

Carpenter

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 07:37 PM

View PostRouby, on 10 March 2014 - 06:38 PM, said:

Handbook states Hydrokinetic-engine delievers 16384 Nm torque ; dynamometer displays 16,284 kNm torque...

It should be a decimal, as the equivalency is 16384 Nm is roughly 16 kNm.  The mod auto-changes most readouts to be in standard SI prefixes of kilo- (k), mega- (M), giga- (G), and tera- (T).

EverRunes

Posted 10 March 2014 - 07:46 PM

View PostReika, on 10 March 2014 - 07:15 PM, said:

This is why you read changelogs.

Well, according to a video I watched, you set the Magnetostatic engine so the torque on it can no longer be set by the user. However, according to your changelog: "RotaryCraft: Magnetostatic engine now draws minimum 1RF/t if on". That's all your changelog says about it. And this isn't the only case of something happening that the changelog didn't say. Sadly, no other cases immediately spring to mind.

Also, please state the limits of the coils (industrial, etc), since the handbook doesn't state this.
I was unclear on this, and I apologise for that. I actually meant to ask for the limits on the torque and speed for the standard and bedrock versions of the industrial coil. I believe standard is 1024, but I'm not sure on that.

Benitsubasa

Posted 10 March 2014 - 07:51 PM

Do you speak one language while playing MC and another in Windows in general?

Well my windows is german, but I play MC in english on english servers xD

Destiny~Posted Image

Reika
    Reika

Ghast Hunter

• Members
  • 2674 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 07:59 PM

View PostEverRunes, on 10 March 2014 - 07:46 PM, said:

Well, according to a video I watched, you set the Magnetostatic engine so the torque on it can no longer be set by the user. However, according to your changelog: "RotaryCraft: Magnetostatic engine now draws minimum 1RF/t if on". That's all your changelog says about it. And this isn't the only case of something happening that the changelog didn't say. Sadly, no other cases immediately spring to mind.
That is the v18 changelog. You are describing changes made in v16. I no longer have a copy on my site, but other copies exist, most notably on the "What's new in modded Minecraft today?" thread on the FTB forums:
http://forum.feed-th...y.39595/page-22

View PostEverRunes, on 10 March 2014 - 07:46 PM, said:

I was unclear on this, and I apologise for that. I actually meant to ask for the limits on the torque and speed for the standard and bedrock versions of the industrial coil. I believe standard is 1024, but I'm not sure on that.
I will add that. And yes, it is 1024 2  and 40962.

Posted Image

Rouby
    Rouby

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 08:00 PM

It is an automatic Java function that I have no control of. Also, I see no reason why your MC language settings should be different from those on your computer. Do you speak one language while playing MC and another in Windows in general?

Use http://docs.oracle.c...mberFormat.html instead of standard String.format or set the locale for String.format to the current minecraft-locale. I know this has not a very high priority and would be tedious work, but it is possible ;)

My minecraft language is different then my os (and native) language because I played minecraft since the very alpha (where there was only english language) and it simply stuck. Also all videos / tutorials I watch are in english and it is just convenient to not always "search" the correct translation of item X or block X.

Reika
    Reika

Ghast Hunter

• Members
  • 2674 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 08:15 PM

View PostRouby, on 10 March 2014 - 08:00 PM, said:

Use http://docs.oracle.c...mberFormat.html instead of standard String.format or set the locale for String.format to the current minecraft-locale. I know this has not a very high priority and would be tedious work, but it is possible Posted Image

My minecraft language is different then my os (and native) language because I played minecraft since the very alpha (where there was only english language) and it simply stuck. Also all videos / tutorials I watch are in english and it is just convenient to not always "search" the correct translation of item X or block X.
I am not keen on rewriting 76 GUI classes and over 40 other classes over "." vs ",".

Posted Image

Benitsubasa

Posted 10 March 2014 - 08:16 PM

Hit that refactor button to replace the function! xD

Also TIL, Rotary's Ore processing costs less energy than thermal expansion's \o/

Destiny~Posted Image

Reika
    Reika

Ghast Hunter

• Members
  • 2674 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 08:18 PM

I added some fixes:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Also, I cannot reproduce the bucket issue:
Posted Image

Posted Image

jlp1528
    jlp1528

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 09:17 PM

Annoying bug - I want to use fuel lines to transfer jet fuel from the fractionation unit into Extra Utilities drums, but I can't. They connect visually, but that's it.

Reika
    Reika

Ghast Hunter

• Members
  • 2674 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 09:20 PM

View Postjlp1528, on 10 March 2014 - 09:17 PM, said:

Annoying bug - I want to use fuel lines to transfer jet fuel from the fractionation unit into Extra Utilities drums, but I can't. They connect visually, but that's it.
The pipes are set to only remove fluids from the top and bottom of tank-type blocks.

Posted Image

jlp1528
    jlp1528

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 09:39 PM

Okay, WHAT?! Now my bedrock breaker isn't giving me any dust at all. It makes the little "pop" noise, but no bedrock dust pops out. :( Idk if having something in your hand makes a difference. I had some dirt in my hand.

Also, I know that. But that's just it - I AM connecting them to the top and bottom of the drums, exactly as they're designed to be filled.

Or are you saying they won't fill them because they're designed to only empty them? Which they don't. And yes, I've tried suction pipes too.

Zero5211
    Zero5211

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 237 posts
  • Minecraft: Zero5211

Posted 10 March 2014 - 09:44 PM

I noticed a couple things missing from the handbook when I was looking through the NEI pages. The Shaft Cross is missing from the Power Transfer category, and I didn't see the portable backup fuel tanks explicitly mentioned anywhere either, just hinted at in the Filling Station description. Are these buggy/incomplete and intentionally left out?
Posted Image

Rouby
    Rouby

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 09:50 PM

How do I get deuterium / tritium? I got Heavy Water and tried the electrolyzer with no luck..

Rivaryn
    Rivaryn

Carpenter

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 09:53 PM

View PostRouby, on 10 March 2014 - 09:50 PM, said:

How do I get deuterium / tritium? I got Heavy Water and tried the electrolyzer with no luck..
If I recall, you need a tesla coil hitting the electrolyzer with energy to split up the heavy water...  but I could be completely wrong.  Check the respective handbook (probably reactorcraft) for details

Reika
    Reika

Ghast Hunter

• Members
  • 2674 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 09:54 PM

View PostRouby, on 10 March 2014 - 09:50 PM, said:

Then you are not using the electrolyzer correctly.

View PostZero5211, on 10 March 2014 - 09:44 PM, said:

I noticed a couple things missing from the handbook when I was looking through the NEI pages. The Shaft Cross is missing from the Power Transfer category, and I didn't see the portable backup fuel tanks explicitly mentioned anywhere either, just hinted at in the Filling Station description. Are these buggy/incomplete and intentionally left out?
The shaft cross is a subtype of shafts; it does not have its own entry. I will add one for the tank.

View Postjlp1528, on 10 March 2014 - 09:39 PM, said:

Okay, WHAT?! Now my bedrock breaker isn't giving me any dust at all. It makes the little "pop" noise, but no bedrock dust pops out. Posted Image Idk if having something in your hand makes a difference. I had some dirt in my hand.
I cannot reproduce this.

View Postjlp1528, on 10 March 2014 - 09:39 PM, said:

Also, I know that. But that's just it - I AM connecting them to the top and bottom of the drums, exactly as they're designed to be filled.
Or are you saying they won't fill them because they're designed to only empty them? Which they don't. And yes, I've tried suction pipes too.

You misunderstood me - the pipes all follow "remove from top/bottom, input to sides" rule. This breaks when the tank does not allow side interaction.

Posted Image

jlp1528
    jlp1528

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 10:21 PM

Okay, fine. But it really stinks that I can't even use my preferred storage method without having to switch off the fractioner every so often and wait while the transfer node (yes, it can't keep up, even with a whole stack of speed upgrades) to empty it out. :/ Maybe I do need to just make a giant Railcraft tank, as inefficient (relative to drums anyway) as that would be. Also, it may be worth mentioning that the bedrock breaker was chunkloaded by a Portal Gun portal. I have not tried other chunk loading methods, but you may want to investigate a few.

Reika
    Reika

Ghast Hunter

• Members
  • 2674 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 10:23 PM

View Postjlp1528, on 10 March 2014 - 10:21 PM, said:

Also, it may be worth mentioning that the bedrock breaker was chunkloaded by a Portal Gun portal. I have not tried other chunk loading methods, but you may want to investigate a few.
I fail to see how that matters.

Posted Image

Zero5211
    Zero5211

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 237 posts
  • Minecraft: Zero5211

Posted 10 March 2014 - 10:48 PM

Posted Image

Looks like a normal pit, right? NOT SO FAST!

Posted Image

This right here is a Dynamic Tank, and it shall be where I store my excess Jet Fuel. It a capacity of 29.18 million millibuckets (or 29.18k buckets). I'll have to figure out a way to make speedy transfers. Probably ender tanks on top, and then put suction pipes onto corresponding ender tanks that will lead into a resevoir for where I need to use them.
Posted Image