Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

What happened to TheBajancanadian


  • Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1

Mrminibagel
  • Location: North Carolina

Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:57 AM

He stopped being himself to attract a larger, younger, more annoying fan base. He lost his funny attitude and convinced ASFJerome to do the same. The whole "Benja & Bacca" thing is really stupid. I know I'm going to get a lot of 8-12 year old trolls posting "In Benja we Trust" or some other catchphrase on here but whatever I don't care I'm posting it anyways. What happened to him!? How did his channel go from top notch gaming to exclusively minecraft (Don't get me wrong I like Minecraft but variety is important.) And why did his humor change and become so badly self-censored. As far as I know he had no reason to other than annoying comments saying "OMGGGEEE! GO PG NO SWEARRRING!!" Posted by people who aren't old enough to own a YouTube account. That's not just my opinion, in the YouTube T&A it says you have to be 14 or older to own a YouTube account. Yeah, I know nobody really follows that rule but still, you can't complain about somebody's videos being "Child Un-friendly" because YouTube is a Child Un-friendly site.

And for all the trolling fanboys who I'm sure are going to post "If you don't like it don't watch it" the average excuse of 10 year old fanboys, Awesomesaucefilms (His old channel for the 10 year olds who bandwagon on his channel and don't even know what ASF stands for,) was by far my favorite channel, and I had to watch it disappear only to be replaced by this "Child Friendly" BS that is unfunny and boring in the first place. And BTW, Skydoesminigames and Deadcox are no better, actually probably worse.

Not hating, well, maybe a little, but I just have no idea what happened to him.
Started up my Youtube again, better than ever!

Register or log in to remove.

#2

Deadly_Porcupine
  • Location: Neutral Zone
  • Minecraft: GammaNova

Posted 02 September 2013 - 03:07 AM

Money money money! :)
Have you tried turning it off and on again? :P

#3

AsphaltDonut
  • Location: I'll let YOU figure that out c:
  • Minecraft: AsphaltDonut
  • Xbox:No XBox :P
  • PSN:UraniumLobstah

Posted 02 September 2013 - 03:38 AM

I agree about 90% with you. Their channels are still entertaining, but do lack the un-PG based humor they once had. I bet what happened was this:

*Little Bobby, age eight, is watching a BajanCanadian video at the computer with the sound turned up high. Just as BajanCanadian is making a "that's what she said" joke or making some other sexual reference, Bobby's mother walks in and is horrified at what she is hearing.

Mother: "Bobby, what kind of video are you watching?!"

Bobby: "Oh, it's just a BajanCanadian video. He does Minecraft videos."

Mother: "Well, until he starts making some more family-friendly videos, I FORBID you to watch anything made by him!"

Bobby: "But, but....MOM!"

Mother: "That is final."

Bobby then proceeds to type an angry comment on BajanCanadian's channel, that says something along the lines of: "this channel is too inappropriate. stop swearing!"*

That's probably what happened in many other households. Eventually, BajanCanadian and the others realized that they were probably losing viewers and therefore losing money, so they decided to listen to those 8-year-olds and clean up their channel.

But what I don't understand is, I don't see anyone complaining about ZexyZek or CaptainSparklez, even though both of them very rarely swear, keeping their channels completely PG but still pleasing their viewers.

Whatever. Life is confusing.
I don't use this account anymore. My new one is called "fluorescent!"

#4

wolfguy1796

Posted 02 September 2013 - 04:52 AM

View PostAsphaltDonut, on 02 September 2013 - 03:38 AM, said:

I agree about 90% with you. Their channels are still entertaining, but do lack the un-PG based humor they once had. I bet what happened was this:

*Little Bobby, age eight, is watching a BajanCanadian video at the computer with the sound turned up high. Just as BajanCanadian is making a "that's what she said" joke or making some other sexual reference, Bobby's mother walks in and is horrified at what she is hearing.

Mother: "Bobby, what kind of video are you watching?!"

Bobby: "Oh, it's just a BajanCanadian video. He does Minecraft videos."

Mother: "Well, until he starts making some more family-friendly videos, I FORBID you to watch anything made by him!"

Bobby: "But, but....MOM!"

Mother: "That is final."

Bobby then proceeds to type an angry comment on BajanCanadian's channel, that says something along the lines of: "this channel is too inappropriate. stop swearing!"*

That's probably what happened in many other households. Eventually, BajanCanadian and the others realized that they were probably losing viewers and therefore losing money, so they decided to listen to those 8-year-olds and clean up their channel.

But what I don't understand is, I don't see anyone complaining about ZexyZek or CaptainSparklez, even though both of them very rarely swear, keeping their channels completely PG but still pleasing their viewers.

Whatever. Life is confusing.
He did it to be another popular youtuber and to attract a wider audience

#5

SuperSaiyanSquidward

Posted 02 September 2013 - 06:30 AM

View PostAsphaltDonut, on 02 September 2013 - 03:38 AM, said:

I agree about 90% with you. Their channels are still entertaining, but do lack the un-PG based humor they once had. I bet what happened was this:

*Little Bobby, age eight, is watching a BajanCanadian video at the computer with the sound turned up high. Just as BajanCanadian is making a "that's what she said" joke or making some other sexual reference, Bobby's mother walks in and is horrified at what she is hearing.

Mother: "Bobby, what kind of video are you watching?!"

Bobby: "Oh, it's just a BajanCanadian video. He does Minecraft videos."

Mother: "Well, until he starts making some more family-friendly videos, I FORBID you to watch anything made by him!"

Bobby: "But, but....MOM!"

Mother: "That is final."

Bobby then proceeds to type an angry comment on BajanCanadian's channel, that says something along the lines of: "this channel is too inappropriate. stop swearing!"*

That's probably what happened in many other households. Eventually, BajanCanadian and the others realized that they were probably losing viewers and therefore losing money, so they decided to listen to those 8-year-olds and clean up their channel.

But what I don't understand is, I don't see anyone complaining about ZexyZek or CaptainSparklez, even though both of them very rarely swear, keeping their channels completely PG but still pleasing their viewers.

Whatever. Life is confusing.
I think I'm now going to make a fanfiction called, Legacy of Bobby.

#6

Trogo
    Trogo

    Obsidian Miner

  • Members
  • 1409 posts
  • Location: Reading others Location tags
  • Minecraft: DarthTrogo
  • Xbox:Steam: DarthTrogo
  • PSN:Steam's above

Posted 02 September 2013 - 11:33 AM

I don't mean to anger anyone, but pretty much all of team crafted are money whores who got their fame from playing with people like Antvenom and CaptainSparklez. Also TheBajanCanadian was part of a tournament on machinima called Super Battle Heaven Island so maybe he needed a younger fanbase who don't care whatsoever about how well that person plays, they just want to vote for their favourite youtuber. Anyway after Sky and TrueMU had to withdraw for some reason he won so that's a possibility.
.

#7

MCengineer
  • Location: Wherever there's a computer.

Posted 02 September 2013 - 12:32 PM

I agree. That's why I only watch his old videos.

#8

king_tnerb
  • Minecraft: king_tnerb

Posted 02 September 2013 - 12:48 PM

In my opinion, there are only two types of Youtubers.

People like BajanCanadian who draw huge crowds of kids, swear all the time and don't really know very much about the game.

And then there are people like Etho, paulsoaresjr, Zisteau and Sethbling who really know the ins and outs of Minecraft. The play the game maturely and IMHO they deserve way more subs than they get.
Posted Image

#9

Jaiguru
    Jaiguru

    Redstone Miner

  • Members
  • 540 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 01:17 PM

Minecraft's chief demographic is children. Marketing your product to the appropriate demographic is just good business. Selling out sucks, but it's routinely profitable.
Posted Image

#10

xGt5cls96z

Posted 02 September 2013 - 01:28 PM

I subscribed to him lol.
iPod Touch 5 WIFI 32 Gb iOS 7.0.6 Jailbroken untethered.

#11

Mrminibagel
  • Location: North Carolina

Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:23 PM

Wow I'm surprised I got intelligent responses for the most part on this post. I was expecting "OMG LIEK BUDDER IS BEST AND FLUFFY IN BENJA WE TRUST YOU KNOW LIEK HIM KILL YOURSELF IF YOU NO LIEK IT DON'T WATCH IT!!!!!!!11!

I'm glad to see the for the most part intelligent responses. Pleasant surprise!
Started up my Youtube again, better than ever!

#12

Puredarkness

Posted 02 September 2013 - 03:23 PM

Meh, I don't know, I don't exactly watch BajanCanadian so I wouldn't know. I just stick with Sethbling and Etho. Now those are two youtubers who deserve 2,000,000+ subs.
The Darkness will win one day, and light's time being the winner is nearing it's end. Because light is overrated.
People, the Modification Development section is for MODS, not Bukkit plugins. Do not be surpised if you don't get any help from there.
Spoiler: Random fact

#13

Mrminibagel
  • Location: North Carolina

Posted 02 September 2013 - 05:47 PM

View PostPuredarkness, on 02 September 2013 - 03:23 PM, said:

Meh, I don't know, I don't exactly watch BajanCanadian so I wouldn't know. I just stick with Sethbling and Etho. Now those are two youtubers who deserve 2,000,000+ subs.

I agree with you I like those two, I also like bajans old content. It was actually funny and I'm sobsad that humor is gone.
Started up my Youtube again, better than ever!

#14

Trogo
    Trogo

    Obsidian Miner

  • Members
  • 1409 posts
  • Location: Reading others Location tags
  • Minecraft: DarthTrogo
  • Xbox:Steam: DarthTrogo
  • PSN:Steam's above

Posted 04 September 2013 - 03:10 PM

View Postsomebodybuy, on 02 September 2013 - 02:23 PM, said:

Wow I'm surprised I got intelligent responses for the most part on this post. I was expecting "OMG LIEK BUDDER IS BEST AND FLUFFY IN BENJA WE TRUST YOU KNOW LIEK HIM KILL YOURSELF IF YOU NO LIEK IT DON'T WATCH IT!!!!!!!11!

I'm glad to see the for the most part intelligent responses. Pleasant surprise!

You'd be surprised at how much older the average forum user is compared to the average youtube age. You'll find that people here prefer people like Etho, Sethbling and Kurtjmac.
.