• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[Help]How to install mods to minecraft server

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

DarkCharmander

Posted 06 March 2011 - 09:55 PM

Hey. I have just made my minecraft server, and tested it with some friends. Now we dicided, that we would install some mods, before we make it public. But i (As the one that host the server) cant find out how to install the mods or getting them to work. I have tried to search on google and look through youtube. But i cant find anything that work. So. Can some one pleaze help me? The server is allready installed and has a map etc etc. So and guide or step by step will help.
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

TheQuacKanator

Posted 06 March 2011 - 09:57 PM

You should install bukkit for your server, you can move your map there by dragging it into the folder.
Then you just install plugins for your server which is easy (You install it, put the jar into the plugins folder and change the server properties and voila! you have installed a plugin).

http://forums.bukkit... ... endly.245/

DarkCharmander

Posted 06 March 2011 - 10:39 PM

Thank you. Thats really helped. :D
Posted Image

TheQuacKanator

Posted 06 March 2011 - 10:54 PM

=D

DarkCharmander

Posted 20 March 2011 - 01:37 PM

The link is not working anymore, and i want to install it on another pc. Can anyone help?

Its working again now. So no help needed. :Zombie:
Posted Image

Dorest0rm

Posted 20 March 2011 - 01:45 PM

Bukkit appears to be offline.

CobraPhantom

Posted 20 March 2011 - 05:19 PM

http://www.nextgenup... ... -mods.html

didnt see what the bukkit page showed, but maybe this helps?

flame_edit

Posted 26 March 2011 - 03:03 PM

Where do i find the plugins folder?
:DORE:  :SSSS:  :SSSS:  :SSSS:  :SSSS:  :SSSS:  :SSSS:  :SSSS:  :SSSS:  :D  :D

Quadrivium

Posted 07 April 2011 - 01:25 AM

:SSSS:  :) OH MY GOD I  :) YOU :Notch:  :Notch:

Keatown
    Keatown

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 12:30 AM

do you have to have bukkit? My friend and I wanted to get the plane mod but are not sure if we need bukkit or not.

IceIsNice

Posted 03 May 2011 - 05:30 PM

TheQuacKanator said:

You should install bukkit for your server, you can move your map there by dragging it into the folder.
Then you just install plugins for your server which is easy (You install it, put the jar into the plugins folder and change the server properties and voila! you have installed a plugin).

where is the plugins folder?

kyle939
    kyle939

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 05:44 PM

TheQuacKanator said:

I've followed this, I've copied the Minecraft.Server.Jar file into the plugins folder, but what do I edit into the server. properties folder?

I've done all that and yet the mods I've installed still aren't showing up so yeah, any guide or help?

I've run the server, and this is what I've got in the Bukkit thing...

Posted Image

All the mods I've installed where installed before I downloaded this, and they where installed into the Jar file and other things, nothing else.  So need help!

galenko
    galenko

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Minecraft: galenko

Posted 10 July 2011 - 06:42 AM

Also im about to host my on private server for "lan" etc...
And the new mod Aether is soon to be released and i wonder if you can get that
mod into a server? :D

Sorry for my bad enlish... :(
If any1 helps me I'd love to :iapprove: you

Dumble99

Posted 23 July 2011 - 05:29 PM

View Postkyle939, on 03 May 2011 - 05:44 PM, said:

I've followed this, I've copied the Minecraft.Server.Jar file into the plugins folder, but what do I edit into the server. properties folder?

I've done all that and yet the mods I've installed still aren't showing up so yeah, any guide or help?

I've run the server, and this is what I've got in the Bukkit thing...

Posted Image

All the mods I've installed where installed before I downloaded this, and they where installed into the Jar file and other things, nothing else.  So need help!

Bukkit does not install client mods (mo' creatures e.t.c) It installs bukkit mods.
Posted Image
Posted Image

8bitben
    8bitben

8bit Admin

• Retired Staff
  • 2475 posts
  • Minecraft: 8bitben
  • Xbox:x8bitbenx

Posted 23 July 2011 - 05:29 PM

Moved this to Server Administration section.
Posted Image

Glitch_94
  • Minecraft: Glitch_94

Posted 26 July 2011 - 03:34 PM

I'm having a little trouble understanding this, so i have bukkit, it runs, now how do i install mods to it, like a step by step guide, i know where the plugin in folder is, but i dont know what .jar everyone is talking about, any help would be greatly appreciated!
[url=http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=1033&t=267780]Posted Image[/url]

antondubek1
  • Minecraft: antondubek2

Posted 26 July 2011 - 03:41 PM

Guys Bukkit does not mean you can run mods on your server such as mo's creatures and other such mods. Bukkit enables you to install the plugins which are created for bukkit. Check there plugin page on the bukkit website for the full list but mo's creatures things are a client side mod and will not work on an online server sorry

Glitch_94
  • Minecraft: Glitch_94

Posted 26 July 2011 - 04:07 PM

Thank you, i did not want to run a client mod, but a server one, Thanks though! i'll go look at bukkit
[url=http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=1033&t=267780]Posted Image[/url]

Smackledorf

Posted 28 July 2011 - 03:39 AM

Hey guys where do I access the server properties?

adventurekid511
  • Minecraft: adventurekid511

Posted 13 August 2011 - 07:27 AM

:GoldBar:

View Postflame_edit, on 26 March 2011 - 03:03 PM, said:

Where do i find the plugins folder?
:DORE:  :SSSS:  :SSSS:  :SSSS:  :SSSS:  :SSSS:  :SSSS:  :SSSS:  :SSSS:  :D  :D
When you downoad the file to make your server and more files popup plugins is at the top
Posted Image[SSSS]