• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.6.X] Iguana Tweaks

1.5.2 iguanaman iguanatweaks tweaks weight carry enumberance encumbered stone hardness 1.6.2

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

iguana_man
  • Minecraft: the_iguana_man

Posted 28 August 2013 - 06:43 PM

Iguana Tweaks
Version 1i

New weight restriction and encumbrance mechanic

Reduce all block/item stack sizes

Terrain affects movement speed

Configurable torch recipe

Stun effect on hit
Armour weight

Harder blocks

Now I know adding weight and reducing the items you can carry is not a popular idea.  The reason behind it is not a desire for realism, but to encourage the use of minecarts.  You go mining and can bring back tons of materials, so currently there is no need for them.

Coal is abundant and after a while you have stacks upon stacks and can just ignore it.  You can make and carry so many torches you can spam them everywhere.  I like them to be a precious resource, not something you use to stop mobs from spawning.

I've also added movement restrictions, for when you walk on certain blocks or when wearing heavy armour.  Also getting hit stuns you for a short period.  These effects also apply to mobs to keep things fair.

If you like the survival aspect of minecraft give the mod a try, you might like it. Posted Image

This mod is designed for me and represents my personal preferences.  That said, I am happy to hear your ideas and comments.  If I use an idea you suggest, I will credit you.

=========================================

DOWNLOAD

*** DELETE YOUR CONFIG FILE IF UPGRADING FROM A PREVIOUS VERSION ***

[1.6.X] Recommended version

(Should be relatively stable)

[1.6.X] Experimental version

(Possible bugs and/or unbalanced features)

Previous versions

Source code

Changelog

INSTALLATION

Install Minecraft Forge
Iguana Tweaks zip goes in the 'minecraft\mods' folder

MY OTHER MODS

IRC channel: #iguanamods on irc.esper.net

Hunger Overhaul

Hunger mechanics overhauled.  Don't starve!

Iguana Tweaks for Tinkers Construct

Tinker's Construct Re-balanced.  New tool progression!

Thaumcraft Mob Aspects

Adds Thaumcraft aspects to mobs from the following mods:

Lycanites Mobs, Mo' Creatures, Special Mobs, Twilight Forest

FEATURES
Spoiler:

CONFIG
Spoiler:

MOD PACK PERMISSION / LICENCE
Spoiler:

Hunger Overhaul - Hunger mechanics overhauled.  Don't starve!
Iguana Tweaks for Tinker's Construct - New tool progression and leveling system

Register or log in to remove.

thegentelmen

Posted 28 August 2013 - 06:55 PM

Hey Iguana! are you going to incorporate the same things you did with the Hunger overhaul mod or is this going to be a completely separate thing? and just one last question, are you still continuing the hunger overhaul mod?

OH! i just had an idea for these tweaks and i know this has already been done but what about thirst? idk i think it might be cool.

iguana_man

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:27 PM

View Postthegentelmen, on 28 August 2013 - 06:55 PM, said:

Hey Iguana! are you going to incorporate the same things you did with the Hunger overhaul mod or is this going to be a completely separate thing? and just one last question, are you still continuing the hunger overhaul mod?

OH! i just had an idea for these tweaks and i know this has already been done but what about thirst? idk i think it might be cool.
Hey man, I do intend to port Hunger Overhaul to 1.6.2 but it's a big job.  This is just a simple mod that didn't even require any alterations between 1.5.2 and 1.6.2.

It's going to be separate from Hunger Overhaul, basically just random tweaks and features that wouldn't fit.  Stone hardness in a hunger mod just doesn't make sense, for example.

If I did add thirst it would be in HO but I doubt I will.  I only add things if they add to the gameplay and thirst would be good for realism but wouldn't really change much gameplay-wise (in my opinion).  There are lots of things to change that would make a more profound impact, like this weight/encumbrance system I made for this mod - it completely changes a lot of the strategies and methods you use.

Keep the ideas coming though. :)

thegentelmen

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:30 PM

I see yeah now that i think about it it dosnt make sense and yeah take your time with HO 1.6 man like you said its a big job!

iguana_man

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:44 PM

New version: 1b

Bug fix: Item stack sizes being set to 0 causing duplication bugs.. whoops

cewlgui69

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:53 PM

i think when all your mods are 1.6, i am going to play a pack with just your mods.. (Including the mods your mods require).
You seem to make mods that i always love. :)

bobanater135
  • Minecraft: bobanater135

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:21 AM

This mod looks really cool! I think I will try it out, and I like the ideas you have put into it. And about the thirst, i have wanted a thirst mod for a while, but there are no simple ones. I get what you are saying about it not adding to game play, but I think that you should do it as it's own mod. Just a simple one that doesn't add any items, only a thirst bar that uses water bottles to regenerate it. Of course, don't do it if you don't want to, but I think it would be pretty cool.

iguana_man

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:20 AM

View Postcewlgui69, on 28 August 2013 - 11:53 PM, said:

i think when all your mods are 1.6, i am going to play a pack with just your mods.. (Including the mods your mods require).
You seem to make mods that i always love. Posted Image
You just inspired me to update more stuff to 1.6.2, the Tinker's Construct addon is done and Hunger Overhaul about halfway. :D

View Postbobanater135, on 29 August 2013 - 01:21 AM, said:

This mod looks really cool! I think I will try it out, and I like the ideas you have put into it. And about the thirst, i have wanted a thirst mod for a while, but there are no simple ones. I get what you are saying about it not adding to game play, but I think that you should do it as it's own mod. Just a simple one that doesn't add any items, only a thirst bar that uses water bottles to regenerate it. Of course, don't do it if you don't want to, but I think it would be pretty cool.
Great enthusiasm! I don't think I will do thirst because there's so much other stuff I have ideas for but thanks for your support. :)

Rensik
    Rensik

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:59 PM

There seems to be an ItemID conflict between ClayBucketMilk and Iron_Spade. Unfortunately, there also seems to be no config value to change the ID of ClayMilkBucket.

[2013-08-30 15:31:24 [INFO] [STDOUT] CONFLICT @ 0 item slot already occupied by net.minecraft.item.ItemSpade@450012cd while adding iguanaman.iguanatweakstconstruct.ClayBucketMilk@19cd0826]

Not that it's a major problem, since almost no one uses Iron Shovels anyway.

Edit: and I realize I posted this in the wrong thread, again. This error is for IguanaTweaks for Tinker's Construct. lol
Rencraft

iguana_man

Posted 30 August 2013 - 08:09 PM

View PostRensik, on 30 August 2013 - 07:59 PM, said:

There seems to be an ItemID conflict between ClayBucketMilk and Iron_Spade. Unfortunately, there also seems to be no config value to change the ID of ClayMilkBucket.

[2013-08-30 15:31:24 [INFO] [STDOUT] CONFLICT @ 0 item slot already occupied by net.minecraft.item.ItemSpade@450012cd while adding iguanaman.iguanatweakstconstruct.ClayBucketMilk@19cd0826]

Not that it's a major problem, since almost no one uses Iron Shovels anyway.
The clay bucket is from "Iguana Tweaks for Tinker's Construct" and if you are running version 1d of that mod, you should have an option in the config file "iguanatweakstconstruct.cfg".

thegentelmen

Posted 30 August 2013 - 08:26 PM

Hey Iguana any news on whats going to be in the 1.6 version of HO and any future versions of this mod?

Rensik
    Rensik

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 08:36 PM

View Postiguana_man, on 30 August 2013 - 08:09 PM, said:

The clay bucket is from "Iguana Tweaks for Tinker's Construct" and if you are running version 1d of that mod, you should have an option in the config file "iguanatweakstconstruct.cfg".

No option found. No items with ID 256 could be found in IguanaTweaksTConstruct.cfg.
Rencraft

iguana_man

Posted 30 August 2013 - 08:37 PM

View Postthegentelmen, on 30 August 2013 - 08:26 PM, said:

Hey Iguana any news on whats going to be in the 1.6 version of HO and any future versions of this mod?
This mod, not so sure.  Most likely just random things that don't deserve a separate mod.

HO 1.6.2 is out and the next versions will just be adding back features I had to remove.

thegentelmen

Posted 30 August 2013 - 08:40 PM

View Postiguana_man, on 30 August 2013 - 08:37 PM, said:

This mod, not so sure.  Most likely just random things that don't deserve a separate mod.

HO 1.6.2 is out and the next versions will just be adding back features I had to remove.
Hmm i dont mean to be rude in any way at all but thats a little disappointing to hear, no new features in HO, but really its your mod and you do what you want with it but maybe some new features would be nice.

Xzomo
    Xzomo

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:06 PM

Sorry, placed the question in the wrong mod thread :/
http://www.minecraft...l/page__st__340
Check out the Creative Blocks Mod:
Posted Image

konceptum

Posted 08 September 2013 - 07:38 AM

View Postiguana_man, on 28 August 2013 - 06:43 PM, said:

Less torches per coal
Changes the default recipe to give only one torch
Can be changed in the config

Not sure if this question belongs here or in your Tweaks to Tinker's Construct mod, but, TC has a torch recipe that uses a stone rod and either coal or charcoal, and creates 4 torches. Since I have all 3 of yours mods installed, I noticed that it's just as easy to make stone torches as wood torches, but I get 4 times as many with stone torches. Thus, I think either this mod, or perhaps more accurately the IT to TC mod should include a nerf on stone torches. And thus, having said that, I now realize that this post is better suited for the IT to TC mod. :) But I do hope that you read it here, so I don't have to copy it. :)
My incredibly crappy YouTube channel. Come mock me. You know you want to.

http://www.youtube.com/user/konceptum1

iguana_man

Posted 08 September 2013 - 08:03 AM

View Postkonceptum, on 08 September 2013 - 07:38 AM, said:

Not sure if this question belongs here or in your Tweaks to Tinker's Construct mod, but, TC has a torch recipe that uses a stone rod and either coal or charcoal, and creates 4 torches. Since I have all 3 of yours mods installed, I noticed that it's just as easy to make stone torches as wood torches, but I get 4 times as many with stone torches. Thus, I think either this mod, or perhaps more accurately the IT to TC mod should include a nerf on stone torches. And thus, having said that, I now realize that this post is better suited for the IT to TC mod. Posted Image But I do hope that you read it here, so I don't have to copy it. Posted Image
IT for TC has a config option to disable stone torches :)

SirusKing
  • Minecraft: SirusKing

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:16 AM

Oooh! Thanks for making this mod, will have to try it out <3
How tough is stone compared to Greg's Harder stone? I like that cobble and stone bricks aren't effected ;p
Posted Image

konceptum

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:38 PM

View Postiguana_man, on 08 September 2013 - 08:03 AM, said:

IT for TC has a config option to disable stone torches Posted Image
Thank you. I did see it. I had an older version of IT for TC. A good reminder for me, and everybody, to always make sure you're using the most updated version before trying to report something. Thanks for the great mod!
My incredibly crappy YouTube channel. Come mock me. You know you want to.

http://www.youtube.com/user/konceptum1

SirusKing
  • Minecraft: SirusKing

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:20 PM

Instead of just "Encumboured", perhaps you could use these:
Burdened
Saddled
(Encumbered)
Tired
Exhausted
At different levels  you could also have the Hunger effect?
Posted Image