• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[16X][1.7.4] Chivalry (85%)[V2.2] Jan 13] 13k+ Downloads!

maffhew medieval fantasy 16x

• Please log in to reply
204 replies to this topic

Maffhew
    Maffhew

Gold Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 480 posts
  • Minecraft: Maffhew
  • Xbox:Wubwoofer

Posted 25 August 2013 - 04:23 AM

POPULAR

This texture pack require's MCPatcher or Optifine to utilize features such as Connected Textures, Randomobs, BetterSkys, and more.

Posted Image

When I first started playing Minecraft, I was impressed. Not by the art, but by the gameplay. It grew on me. Eventually I realized Minecraft's default texture pack was not for me. I looked for texture packs that interested me. Nothing fit; too happy, too dark, some were just right. But it didn't feel right. I took the liberty to start my own texture pack. At first I used a bunch of textures from other packs. But did it blend? No. I started to make my own textures with a style inspired by many. My work completely became my own. I've created a dark medieval fantasy texture pack that fits my builds but stays true to Minecraft's resolution and overall theme.

Download Chivalry via PMC

Direct Download

Change Log
January, 13th
[V2.2]
-Updated Conquest ctm support
-New paintings (courtesy of steelfeathers)
-Tweaked mossy stone bricks
-Added string texture
-New realistic lightmap
-Tweaked biome colors
-Added iron block ctm
-Added blaze mob
-New daylight sensor
-Reworked dark oak logs
-New hay texture

Spoiler:

Credits/Placeholders
Isabella (bonemouse) - Chickens, Spiders, XP orb
Pixel Perfection (XSSheep) - Lapis, Vines
Thy Explorer's Pack (Hoodoo) - Clouds
Feathersong (steelfeathers) - Paintings

Screenshots
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Metadata Blocks
This texture pack adds extra blocks for builders that use worldedit or the monsterblocks plugin (if you're on a server.) You can use them with //set, /lrbuild, //replace, etc. To see the extra blocks you will need mcpatcher or optifine. I have most of the blocks you see in this image so Chivalry is compatible with Conquest builds.

Supported Mods
-Better Grass and Leaves Mod
-MCPatcher

I also recommend:
-MAtmos
-Presence Footsteps

Signature
Spread the word!
[center][url="http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1954334-/"][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/JCzP1lq.png[/IMG][/url][/center]
Posted Image

License Posted Image
Chivalry by Maffhew is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

In other words:
- You may not redistribute this pack and claim it as your own.
- You may not redistribute this pack without a link to this thread or Planet Minecraft.
- You may not put money-making links such as adf.ly links with this work under any circumstances.
- You may not use this work for commercial purposes.
- You may not alter, transform, or build upon this work.

Noncommercial Waiver
- You may use this Resource Pack as a part of any Minecraft-related video including those which are created for commercial purposes or are monetized by advertising, as long as there's a link to this thread.

Any of the above conditions can be waived if you get permission from Matthew Dillow (Maffhew)

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

13thMurder
    13thMurder

Bloody Murderator

• Sectional Moderator
  • Curse Premium
  • 3666 posts
  • Minecraft: 13thMurder

Posted 25 August 2013 - 04:35 AM

This is excellent. I've really not seen to many 16x packs that i actually like before, but this one... i'd use this one.

It makes use of tons of mcpatcher features, has language files, custom sound... I really have never before seen a 16x pack that is so in-depth.

Posted Image

Defishensee

Posted 25 August 2013 - 04:58 AM

I think I've seen you on the Dokucraft TSC thread? Though I don't post there much, so you probably don't recognize me. :P

I love this pack from the screenshots. I don't touch many 16x packs, but this one looks great. I'll test it out tomorrow and give you a screenshot or two :)
"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself" - Franklin D. Roosevelt

Deonyi
    Deonyi

Enderman Ender

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 9013 posts
  • Minecraft: Deonyi

Posted 25 August 2013 - 05:20 AM

Looks nice!

Posted Image

Dooni
    Dooni

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 633 posts
  • Minecraft: Doonyolyo
  • Xbox:Mr Doony

Posted 25 August 2013 - 05:28 AM

The CTM in this pack is perfect, I especially like how the stone is done.

Posted Image

Meapers
    Meapers

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 06:18 AM

Really nice pack you have got so far. I really do love a bit if everything.

Somethinf that does need work us the side grass IMO it seems off with this pack.

Posted Image

Malcolm5211
  • Minecraft: Malcolm5211
  • PSN:Malcolm5211

Posted 25 August 2013 - 07:44 AM

I like this, I like this a lot!
Great work, the CTM additions are interesting. (:

Posted Image

Nice7
    Nice7

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Minecraft: Nice_70_11

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:26 AM

This looks really good. I think I might actually start using it. The realistic/cartoon texture packs are the ones that really draw me in
Some of my skins:

Posted Image

XSSheep
    XSSheep

Creeper Destroyer

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 5705 posts
  • Minecraft: XSSheep

Posted 25 August 2013 - 09:05 AM

Nice work dude, glad to see it finally released too! Been remaking so many textures I thought it would never happen, lol. :D

Posted Image

n64billy
    n64billy

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 01:00 PM

I love it. I absolutely love it!

I miss texture packs like this. Everything is just so soft and nice, and flows really well.
I was so suprised when I heard this also has custom sounds (I didn't read your first post, so not sure if it's mentioned there. I just saw the screenshots and clicked the download button right away!)

(I'm currently writing this with Minecraft running in the background. This rain sound is just sooo sooothing and relaaxxiinnggg.)

In my first 5 minutes just roaming around with this pack, the 'critisism' I have for you is that the water animation seems too fast. It should be slowed down a little in my opinion. That and (Holy crap! The rain stopped so I turned it back on and the thunder just scared me!) Umm, I don't remember what I was going to say, but I think it had to do with that the bamboo/reeds seems just a tooucchh too dead. Maybe just a slight touch of colour in there to help blend more.

Also the animals faces (Specifically the sheep and cow) just seem a little... off.... Their eye areas are really dark. I'm not too fussed about that, it just seemed a little different.

All in all, this is a fantastic texture pack. I've added it into my bookmarks to check back on, and also to share screenshots soon :)
Keep up the great work, and excuse me while I try to figure out how to extract that rain sound (Without the lightning!) and make it loop while I go to bed.

- n64billy

Poersch
    Poersch

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 900 posts
  • Minecraft: Poersch

Posted 25 August 2013 - 01:03 PM

Looks great! :)
Will add this to my compatibility list. ;)

Posted Image

Plenty_of_Fish
  • Minecraft: Idk
  • Xbox:<:PS3

Posted 25 August 2013 - 01:53 PM

This is VERY nice!

I don't see anything in the screenshots to complain about, and once I get my new PC that will actually be able to run Minecraft at enough FPS for it to be gun again, I'll definitely try this pack.

Honestly though, everything looks very natural and just defined enough, perfection almost.

CyrusOfSky
  • Minecraft: CyrusOfSky

Posted 25 August 2013 - 02:40 PM

You've crafted a beautiful pack here. :)

Defishensee

Posted 25 August 2013 - 07:38 PM

I've played with this pack all day and love it. I can't wait for future updates to see what you make :)
"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself" - Franklin D. Roosevelt

mamiller99

Posted 25 August 2013 - 07:55 PM

Sounds really great, keep up the good work!

http://www.nodiatis.com/personality.htm][IMG]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/20.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

Maffhew
    Maffhew

Gold Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 480 posts
  • Minecraft: Maffhew
  • Xbox:Wubwoofer

Posted 25 August 2013 - 10:37 PM

View Postn64billy, on 25 August 2013 - 01:00 PM, said:

Also the animals faces (Specifically the sheep and cow) just seem a little... off.... Their eye areas are really dark. I'm not too fussed about that, it just seemed a little different.

Pretty much all the mobs are incomplete/wip so Ill try and get around to them.

View Postn64billy, on 25 August 2013 - 01:00 PM, said:

In my first 5 minutes just roaming around with this pack, the 'critisism' I have for you is that the water animation seems too fast. It should be slowed down a little in my opinion.

Heres a little sneak peak to my new animation. Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

unctuously

Posted 25 August 2013 - 10:57 PM

Wow, This looks great, I am going to try this out. :)

n64billy
    n64billy

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:47 AM

Not the best screenshots, but here is just a quick look at what I see with this texture pack.

I absolutely love how the black clay looks in my office. It'd look better if I actually bothered to put maps up

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

DeathWarriorman

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:34 AM

can i use this for a minecraft texture pack review video?

HiggsBacon_
  • Minecraft: HiggsBacon

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:05 AM

I found a post on the website "Planetminecraft" that redistributes the texture pack and claims it as their own. I filed a report for the moderators on the website to remove it. Here is the report if you are interested:

Spoiler:

If you have an account on Planetminecraft, I would suggest to help me prove that it's a fake in any way possible, or at least get the moderators on the website to see it. Note the note at the end of the post saying "In other words:
- You may redistribute this pack and claim it as your own Just not On Planetminecraft Or MinecraftForum.
- You may use this work for commercial purposes.
- You may not alter, transform, or build upon this work."
Copier changed it up a little.

The cruel people in the world....

I am confident that that post is not posted by the real you, forgive me If I am wrong.

But on a happier note, I love this texturepack! It looks great and feels great. The sounds match the pack perfectly, keep up the good work! Also, the brick stairs texture seems to be black and purple for me. Optifine glitch?

Edit:
Justice was served. Moderators of that site removed it. Yay! Here's the user that posted your texture pack.

Posted Image

Posted Image