• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.6.4][Forge] In-Game MCEdit Filters & Scripts - A new Map Making tool! Updated!

filters mcedit map making

• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

Davidee
    Davidee

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1481 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:18 PM

In-Game MCEdit Filters & Scripts

Javascript in Minecraft? Yes, way!
  • This mod adds Javascript support to Minecraft via Mozilla Rhino
  • Currently, there are two types of scripts - .js and .filter scripts
    • ​.js scripts are regular scripts that can be run by opening the mod's script GUI (F7 by default)

• These scripts can either run at once instance and stop or continually run every tick by utilizing the method "Script.sleep(ticks)"
      • Note that these scripts do not stop running on world-exit (at least yet)
    • .filter scripts are pretty much MCEdit filters written in javascript; run them using the command "/filter <filterName>"
      • ​The style of coding is similar to MCEdit filters but fairly different - check the GitHub page for example filters
      • There are currently 8 default filters, but with your help, I can add a whole lot more
  • ​This mod's source code is available on GitHub. Feel free to add pull requests, post discussions, and submit issues on GitHub.
  • Tutorials + wiki + more script wrapping/features coming soon!
Pictures
Spoiler:

Download

Installation

• Download the Forge installer
  • If desired, backup your saves.
  • Run the Forge installer
  • Paste the GuiLib zip file into your mods folder
  • Paste this mod's zip file into your mods folder.
  • In order to play the Forge version, you need to change your profile on the new minecraft launcher to the "Forge" one

Changelog

Spoiler:

Register or log in to remove.

Davidee
    Davidee

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1481 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:49 PM

Download is finally up!

Anyways, I'll reserve this first post for script related information/help/tutorials.

BiweGas
    BiweGas

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 12:05 AM

Great Idea!
\/ Subscribe To Him (Creating Awesome Videos and Live Commentary)

Gurrok
    Gurrok

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 893 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 02:54 AM

Should be a fun tool to use without having to to use MCEdit for everything. Well done!

Posted Image

The config files are your friends! Get to know them, and shape your world!

Kovu
    Kovu

Memory Returned

• Sectional Moderator
  • Curse Premium
  • 5325 posts
  • Minecraft: Rainfur

Posted 23 August 2013 - 02:55 AM

You hath done it again!
Nice mod.
Posted Image

AlienXtream
  • Minecraft: AlienXtream

Posted 23 August 2013 - 03:13 AM

if not already, can it be "cheats enabled = true" only, i get tempted to cheat if i can use them in a regular survival world

ja4nos4ever
  • Minecraft: ja4nos

Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:00 AM

Awesome! For me it's much less confusing then MCedit. I saw the filters are in a different format then the MCedit ones. Are there going to be more filters available? Or is there a way to make normal filters work with your mod?
Posted Image

KevinABC96
    KevinABC96

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 946 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:27 AM

awesome idea,thx
but did you have to add a new item ? as a mapmaker i just don't want to use any mods that add new items...why didn't you use the wooden axe like world edit ?

SCMowns
    SCMowns

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 686 posts
  • Minecraft: SdogSteven

Posted 23 August 2013 - 09:03 AM

This looks useful! Adding this to my list to review :D
Posted Image

Davidee
    Davidee

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1481 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 02:28 PM

Thanks, guys! Posted Image

View PostAlienXtream, on 23 August 2013 - 03:13 AM, said:

if not already, can it be "cheats enabled = true" only, i get tempted to cheat if i can use them in a regular survival world
Hmm... do you want me to add a blacklist feature so you can ban yourself? Posted Image But yeah, I'm pretty sure it is cheats-enabled = true by default.

View Postja4nos4ever, on 23 August 2013 - 08:00 AM, said:

Awesome! For me it's much less confusing then MCedit. I saw the filters are in a different format then the MCedit ones. Are there going to be more filters available? Or is there a way to make normal filters work with your mod?
The filters are written in Javascript, so they're much different than MCEdit filters. You guys can make your own filters + post them here (request them as default filters), request filters for me to make, or even request MCEdit filters to be converted. I'm thinking the next default filter should be a ChangeSpawners filter, sound good?

View PostKevinABC96, on 23 August 2013 - 08:27 AM, said:

awesome idea,thx
but did you have to add a new item ? as a mapmaker i just don't want to use any mods that add new items...why didn't you use the wooden axe like world edit ?
I couldn't find an easy way to select the blocks and entities with a vanilla item. I'll look into it though, they're might be some Forge hooks for that.

View PostSCMowns, on 23 August 2013 - 09:03 AM, said:

This looks useful! Adding this to my list to review Posted Image
Sweet Posted Image

ende124
    ende124

Carpenter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • Minecraft: ende124

Posted 23 August 2013 - 02:34 PM

looks sweet!
Posted Image

CoachAwesomeName
  • Minecraft: pnest

Posted 23 August 2013 - 02:51 PM

you and ichun currently tie for the besterest modder in my heart
Posted Image

Davidee
    Davidee

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1481 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 03:51 PM

View Postende124, on 23 August 2013 - 02:34 PM, said:

looks sweet!

View PostCoachAwesomeName, on 23 August 2013 - 02:51 PM, said:

you and ichun currently tie for the besterest modder in my heart
Thanks! :)

Anyways I'm working on a basic "ChangeSpawners" filter that allows you to change the Entity + spawner properties. Which entities should I exclude? Some won't spawn right if you don't have a SpawnData compound.

ja4nos4ever
  • Minecraft: ja4nos

Posted 23 August 2013 - 04:43 PM

View PostDavidee, on 23 August 2013 - 02:28 PM, said:

The filters are written in Javascript, so they're much different than MCEdit filters. You guys can make your own filters + post them here (request them as default filters), request filters for me to make, or even request MCEdit filters to be converted. I'm thinking the next default filter should be a ChangeSpawners filter, sound good?
Redstone activated spawners by Trazlander? Sandify and Set spawner properties by Sethbling? They made so much filters..
Posted Image

Darf_
    Darf_

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 05:15 PM

Every filters made by Texelelf are really awesome, it would be great if you could port them (you can find them on his site : http://elemanser.com/filters.html).
EDIT : I forgot to compliment you on how much an awesome mod this is, but I totally think you should add a control instead of a tool to switch to a kind of MCEdit mode, so that you can right and left click to select a zone, and maybe be in noclip, and you could also add a 'freeze game' option, in order to let us modify multiple things before having the game tick again. Thanks!
Posted Image

TheOrangeSheep

Posted 23 August 2013 - 05:37 PM

I tried this mod but when I try to use a filter it crashes my game. If anyone else is having that problem or knows how to fix it please help me.

Davidee
    Davidee

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1481 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 06:23 PM

View Postja4nos4ever, on 23 August 2013 - 04:43 PM, said:

Redstone activated spawners by Trazlander? Sandify and Set spawner properties by Sethbling? They made so much filters..
Currently working on a "ChangeSpawners" filter, which is pretty much the Set Spawner properties filter by Sethbling. I'll look into the other ones.

View PostDarf1337, on 23 August 2013 - 05:15 PM, said:

Every filters made by Texelelf are really awesome, it would be great if you could port them (you can find them on his site : http://elemanser.com/filters.html).
EDIT : I forgot to compliment you on how much an awesome mod this is, but I totally think you should add a control instead of a tool to switch to a kind of MCEdit mode, so that you can right and left click to select a zone, and maybe be in noclip, and you could also add a 'freeze game' option, in order to let us modify multiple things before having the game tick again. Thanks!
Some of those are really cool. However, those would be a ton of work - some of them are over 1,000 lines of code long! And plus you have my In-Game NBTEdit mod instead of an nbtedit filter.

However, some of those Filter feature are pretty cool. Would you guys want the ability to select blocks + have different tabs?

And I would love to add that functionality, but it's going to be very hard to do, even with a coremod. Currently the GUIs do not pause the game as that would prevent packets from being sent immediately. Would you guys prefer pausing the game instead? And I doubt that I can manage to pause time, but I'll look into it.

View PostTheOrangeSheep, on 23 August 2013 - 05:37 PM, said:

I tried this mod but when I try to use a filter it crashes my game. If anyone else is having that problem or knows how to fix it please help me.
Please post the Forge log, found in your minecraft directory (called "ForgeModLoader-client-0").

BiweGas
    BiweGas

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 07:56 PM

sure devidee don't forget to make falling sand spawner with choosable blocks to fall or custom beacon particles(somewhere i saw these)

Davidee
    Davidee

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1481 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:24 PM

View PostBiweGas, on 23 August 2013 - 07:56 PM, said:

sure devidee don't forget to make falling sand spawner with choosable blocks to fall or custom beacon particles(somewhere i saw these)
Yeah, the only problem is currently there isn't support for picking blocks. Would you guys like that feature?

BiweGas
    BiweGas

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:39 PM

Yes i want this feature