• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 01:29 PM

Hello,
Here is my last mod : Pokeball !

Video :
oiDsXiuf7as

Just to show how the Pokeball works.

An other video here, thanks to IBAGIDii / ThatsABadBadKitteh .

Recipe :

Posted Image
(Only works with coal, not with charcoal)

README.TXT :

Mod : Pokeball
Version : 1.1
Author : Apox159
Additional Mods required:
-Modloader : <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.minecraft...t=80246</a><!-- l -->
Used BlockID : none
Used ItemID : 1159
Original Minecraft classes modified : none

This mod add 1 new Item to the game.
Pokeball
-Recipe : <!-- m -->http://img217.images... ... cipe14.png<!-- m -->
-Comment: This is a pokeball, you can catch, store and fight(Hostile+ground only) with any mobs in the game !(works with Humans+ and maybe other mods !)
The recipe looks a bit expensive but you will never lose a pokeball (Except if you throw it in lava... :Zombie:)

There may be some bugs.

If you want you can leave comments and suggestions :
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.minecraft...=196429</a><!-- l -->

INSTALLATION :

Put all .class files + pokeball.png in the Minecraft.jar (Don't forget to install Modloader)

link:
https://dl.dropbox.c...1.6.6).zip?dl=1(1.6.6)
https://dl.dropbox.c....5_01).zip?dl=1 (1.5_01)
https://dl.dropbox.c...1.4_1).zip?dl=1 (1.4_1)
https://dl.dropbox.c...1(1.4).rar?dl=1 (1.4)
https://dl.dropbox.c....3_01).rar?dl=1 (1.3_1)

Todo:

[*:z1n0ddeu]Mobs become passive when released.(partially done, need more tests !)
    [*:z1n0ddeu]Create a new Item(Poke flute ?Thanks herculeswill22 for this suggestion) to control Mobs with basics orders(go there, attack him, come back to your ball);
    [*:z1n0ddeu]Health management ! You will only catch a mob if he is under a certain amount of life. And you'll have to heal your Mobs (certainly with an object where to put the ball).When your mob dies he come back to you in his ball.You will not be able to release him if you didn't heal him.
    [*:z1n0ddeu]Show the name of the Mob, and his health when selected.
    [*:z1n0ddeu]I will try to find a way to make your mobs immune to the sun.(I didn't look at all at these possibility to be honest)
    ...Certainly forgot some and you can give me ideas as usual.

Have fun with this mod !  :Skeleton:

Hello, I have not lot of time to work on this now. (to much real work.  :Spider:)
I have done a big part of what I said in my last post but it's a bit buggy and the save system is not finished.
I will certainly add some additional features like nameplates.
bye !

Register or log in to remove.

Omnomnom24

Posted 06 March 2011 - 01:31 PM

Lol whut?

Poketime!

'im not retarded and i have social skills and competence i may lack spelling but i could pwn u and ur horribal guild any day of the week' -Hasao0012

TheNinja5

Posted 06 March 2011 - 01:48 PM

Apox159 said:

Recipe :

Posted Image

[...]

Todo:

-Find/make a nicer icon for the pokeball.

I made one for you.
It's rounder and less boxy.
The button is also gray instead of light blue, which is how they actually are. So you may want to reconsider the diamond in the center.
Posted Image
Nice mod, by the way.  :P

Jukan
    Jukan

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 114 posts
  • Minecraft: Jukan
  • Xbox:JukanX

Posted 06 March 2011 - 01:54 PM

So this mod allows you to catch other mobs right? Does releasing make them tame and fight for ya? Or does it just release them again? Seeing as its an early version, i would hate to try it, catch a zombie, release it, and have it try and KILL me!

Also, which modloader? version 4, or the new version 5?

Giro
    Giro

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 250 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 02:02 PM

I like the idea, but I don't see the use. Also, why not make the icon just the normal sprite.. I guess there might be copyright issues, but seriously.

Posted Image
Posted Image

tjcreator
  • Minecraft: TjCreator

Posted 06 March 2011 - 02:08 PM

:( you are my new love!!!, and if you want i could make a better icon, im great with gimp and... yours is..... dull (with all do respect). just pm me if you would like me to

Zorn_Taov

Posted 06 March 2011 - 02:19 PM

TheNinja5 said:

The button is also gray instead of light blue, which is how they actually are. So you may want to reconsider the diamond in the center.

the diamond could be for the mirrors that are INSIDE the pokeball

Apox159
    Apox159

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 02:20 PM

Jukan said:

So this mod allows you to catch other mobs right? Does releasing make them tame and fight for ya? Or does it just release them again? Seeing as its an early version, i would hate to try it, catch a zombie, release it, and have it try and KILL me!
For now, you must throw to the ball to an enemy if you want your mob attack him.
After that he will attack you back...I will try to fix that later. :SSSS: (but you can catch your mob back if you want ! )

Jukan said:

Also, which modloader? version 4, or the new version 5?

5, I think  :Sheep:

Beldrama
    Beldrama

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 02:24 PM

This will be great if you want to catch your own animals to make your own personal little farm, right? :Sheep:

I'd also like some tamed zombies/Skeletons so I will wait for that to be released. Cool, idea bro and keep it up! O:

tjcreator
  • Minecraft: TjCreator

Posted 06 March 2011 - 02:25 PM

fyi when used with the baby anials mod it crashes if you try to ctach them, it DOSE work with the builders mod though

Apox159
    Apox159

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 02:31 PM

tjcreator said:

fyi when used with the baby anials mod it crashes if you try to ctach them, it DOSE work with the builders mod though
I will look at this, but i don't know how this mod implements the new mobs, so it will be a bit hard to fix that.(I think)

SILLYJIMMY5

Posted 06 March 2011 - 03:10 PM

I used it and the first thing I noticed was when you catch a wool-less sheep it grows it back when you send it out.

Great mod, by the way. :Green:
Then who was phone.

herculeswill22
  • Location: A place where nobody writes 'Behind you! Trolololol" in this space.
  • Minecraft: Same as my forum name.

Posted 06 March 2011 - 04:38 PM

Dude, this is awesome. I am so DLing this. ugh. I just realized this will probably mess up Necrocraft. Damn. Anyways, suggestions.
1. Make it so you can tell what is in the pokeball. ("Go, skeleton! Oops, its a sheep! sssssSSSSBOOM!" you get the idea.)
2. Pokemon-style catch mechanics (ie. lower hp, higher chance of catching)
3. upon "death" caught creature has to rest for 1 minecraft day before being used again.
4. Nickname function upon catch.

Other than that, just what you already know: permanent assignment to your faction, return to pokeball etc.

Great work, I might give up Necrocraft once this is done. I'll give you  :o !!!!!
My Mod Suggestions: 1. Darkspawn Invasion  2.  Placeable merchants http://www.minecraft...-merchants-req/

Apox159
    Apox159

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 06:09 PM

herculeswill22 said:

Dude, this is awesome. I am so DLing this. ugh. I just realized this will probably mess up Necrocraft. Damn. Anyways, suggestions.
1. Make it so you can tell what is in the pokeball. ("Go, skeleton! Oops, its a sheep! sssssSSSSBOOM!" you get the idea.)
2. Pokemon-style catch mechanics (ie. lower hp, higher chance of catching)
3. upon "death" caught creature has to rest for 1 minecraft day before being used again.
4. Nickname function upon catch.

Other than that, just what you already know: permanent assignment to your faction, return to pokeball etc.

Great work, I might give up Necrocraft once this is done. I'll give you  :( !!!!!

1.It's possible, certainly in a next update !Doesn't played enough with the GUI atm.
2.Quite easy, but a bit restricting with the current mechanic.
3.I need to store each captured mob in an external file, it's possible but require a bit more work to keep the saves in a coherent state.It's not how it works currently, when you catch a mob, he is killed (sad hu ?) and when you throw the ball, a new mob is created(cf SILLYJIMMY5's post).But i already planned to change this.
4. 1 + 3.

LucarioX
  • Minecraft: LucarioX

Posted 06 March 2011 - 06:10 PM

Don't catch meeee  :(
"yay"
-Fluttershy

wowrouge4

Posted 06 March 2011 - 06:16 PM

if you catch a slime, when you send it out again it is always  a giant slime.

great mod!

herculeswill22
  • Location: A place where nobody writes 'Behind you! Trolololol" in this space.
  • Minecraft: Same as my forum name.

Posted 06 March 2011 - 06:31 PM

Apox159 said:

1.It's possible, certainly in a next update !Doesn't played enough with the GUI atm.
2.Quite easy, but a bit restricting with the current mechanic.
3.I need to store each captured mob in an external file, it's possible but require a bit more work to keep the saves in a coherent state.It's not how it works currently, when you catch a mob, he is killed (sad hu ?) and when you throw the ball, a new mob is created(cf SILLYJIMMY5's post).But i already planned to change this.
4. 1 + 3.

LOL. 1 + 3 = 4. Clever, on many levels. Anyways, I was thinking about the command issues with most helper mob mods (how do you actually control the bastards) and it seems to me that you probably can't use the pokeball itself for it. So you will probably need some sort of item to control the pokemon. This should be something like necrocraft's master tome, which freezes summoned creatures on the spot, and then if you right click a block they attack/protect it. Maybe a poke flute?
My Mod Suggestions: 1. Darkspawn Invasion  2.  Placeable merchants http://www.minecraft...-merchants-req/

Steelfirez

Posted 06 March 2011 - 06:34 PM

Yeah, coros's pet mod uses a rod thing. Shame he hasn't updated yet.

RedReign
    RedReign

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 06:34 PM

Does it store how much damage the mob took before it got caught? Because it shouldn't. Catching a pokemon should restore its health (I'm pretty sure that's not how it works in the actual games, but still...).

Overall, cool mod! :iapprove:
Check out my music and other fun stuff here! http://youtube.com/RedReignGaming
I'd be super grateful if you took a look, especially if you end up liking my work and subscribing on YouTube. :)

Ostrichmen

Posted 06 March 2011 - 06:51 PM

I presume this was purposely released the same date as Pokemon Black and White?
Anyway, great mod. I'd love to try it, but I'm still on Beta 1.2_02 so I can run Mo' Creatures.
I suppose I could copy two different .jar files and try it...