63 replies to this topic

Doctapper
    Doctapper

Blaze Extinguisher

• Members
  • 4678 posts
  • Minecraft: Doctapper

Posted 06 March 2011 - 12:01 PM

Hey everyone! I hope this hasn't already been posted by someone else, but I want to help people with computers that Lag in Minecraft!

System Requirements for Tutorail
Windows XP+ (any earlier, and Minecraft probably wont even Run on your COMPUTER)
Atleast 1GB+ Of RAM
Intel Atom+
30GB+ Hard Drive/s
Netbook+
Minecraft Beta 13_01

Recommended System Requirements:
Windows Vista Basic/home+
100GB+ HDD
Intel Atom+
2GB+ Of RAM (I have 1GB)
Minecraft Beta 12_05+

Well, lets get started, there is also a YouTube video which is currently STILL in Production! I will post it on here ASAP

(I will put a Diamond Gem, Gold Bar or Iron Bar for if you NEED to do this, Iron = Dont have to. Gold = Dont have to but Minecraft may STILL lag, Diamond = Best if you do it)

Written Instructions:

1. Defragmentate your Hard Drive! Fragmentated files are bad for your computer, they are files that have got lost somewhere in your computer, but sadly slow it down! - Start Menu -> Search Bar -> "Disk Defrag" -> Click Icon -> Select Disk C: -> Click Defragmentate -> Windows will Analyse Disk THEN Defragmentate it.  :Diamond:

2. Disk Cleanup! Cleans up files on your computer that it dosen't need! - Start Menu -> Search Bar -> "Disk Cleanup" -> Click Icon -> Select what you want to be cleaned -> click OK.  :DBlock:

3. Put Battery on High Performance! You may need a Battery Charger for this! High Performance uses lots of Battery Power to get more Performance! - Task Bar (next to the Time) -> Battery Icon -> Click It -> Select High Performance (if the Option isn't there, then click "More Power Options").  :GoldBar:

4. COMPUTER on High Performance! Pretty complicated, but safe, when you do this, Windows will turn ALL Graphical, Background programs, EVERYTHING that it dosen't need on, but wont delete them! - Start Menu -> Right Click My Computer -> Properties -> Advanced System Settings -> Advanced -> Performance -> "Ajust for Best Performance" -> Ok OR Apply. (to reset back to normal, repeat these steps and choose "Let windows adjust what is best for my computer")  :Diamond:

5. Virtual Memory (Paging File)! Easy to do, awesome, you repeat Number 4's Steps, but when you get to "Visual Effects" (the bit where you put "Adjust for best Performance" you click the NEXT TAB WHICH IS ADVANCED. Then you go to "Virtual Memory" and select where it says "Change" then you Uncheck the first Box what is Checked, put in a number like 4024 which means that you are putting 4GB of Hard Drive Space onto your Paging File, thus speeding up games as Virtual Memory is what your computer uses AS IF it was RAM, but still speeds up your computer!.  :GoldBar:

Thanks and I hope all of these help you, I'm starting the YouTube vid straight away! It WILL be Posted on THIS Forum, so check back TODAY (06/03/2011) Thanks!

I am a Communist, and a Marxist-Leninist.

NationStates | Project Terra

Register or log in to remove.

Doctapper
    Doctapper

Blaze Extinguisher

• Members
  • 4678 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 01:23 PM

Sorry for the Bump!

But I've finally finished the YouTube vid! And here it is...

(BTW my Minecraft Icon says MinecraftSP. I RE-NAMED it that meaning "MinecraftSP = Minecraft Super" Because well, MINECRAFT IS SUPER!)

legion1232
  • Minecraft: Mike2321/Thyhios

Posted 08 March 2011 - 06:04 AM

how well would this work with a laptop of this specs

HDD: 100gb
Cpu: 1.7ghz single core
Ram 2gb
Windows vista basic
and 256mb of video graphics

or should i get windows 7? because when i play online i lagg really bad to the point of where chat is about 1 min or more behind
I scored 82% on the Minecraft Trivia Quiz. How much do you know about Minecraft?

Doctapper
    Doctapper

Blaze Extinguisher

• Members
  • 4678 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 07:10 PM

legion1232 said:

how well would this work with a laptop of this specs

HDD: 100gb
Cpu: 1.7ghz single core
Ram 2gb
Windows vista basic
and 256mb of video graphics

or should i get windows 7? because when i play online i lagg really bad to the point of where chat is about 1 min or more behind

No, don't upgrade now, I have updated the System Requirements list! You have a pretty good System actually, It could Lag online because of your Internet Connection Speed (http://speedtest.net/) Try using Speed Test! Maybe you could post the results back here! Anyway, before you go online, I would do ALL of these steps, then run Minecraft, if the problem of Online Lag carries on, watch some videos on youtube to speed up your Internet Connection! Plus you may want to Upgrade your Dirext! I have Dirext 11 which is the latest one, if you can not find it, download Dirext 10. Download the latest Java, and also you could upgrade your Graphics Card, but that's only if you are desperate, as I said, do ALL of the steps above except the Graphics Card. if you still lag, contact Notch (if you can) or Mojang OR Admins/Moderators.

Good Luck!

Skittnator
  • Minecraft: Skittnator

Posted 08 March 2011 - 07:12 PM

But I have a MAC! IM GUNNA KILL MYSELF OVER THIS!!!

legion1232

Posted 08 March 2011 - 07:17 PM

well heres my sharing speed info link http://www.speedtest.../1190971326.png its not my connection when i play it maxes out my CPU and lags and uses about 50% or more ram my laptop its full of junk that im deleting to make it run better but as we all know vista isn't the best OS to have for a computer i would put windows xp on but i cant for some reason
I scored 82% on the Minecraft Trivia Quiz. How much do you know about Minecraft?

mycathasrabies

Posted 08 March 2011 - 07:18 PM

Got any tips for mac users? All this is pointless to me...

legion1232

Posted 08 March 2011 - 07:19 PM

Skittnator said:

But I have a MAC! IM GUNNA KILL MYSELF OVER THIS!!!
where does the game go on those computers wheres it installed my friend has it but cant find the files

Doctapper
    Doctapper

Blaze Extinguisher

• Members
  • 4678 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 07:25 PM

FOR MAC USERS!

VIRTUALLY ALL OF THE COMMENTS SAID THAT THIS WORKS!

NO, IT IS NOT ME, I AM MEGAEXTREMEGAMES!

GOOD LUCK AND HAPPY PANCAKE DAY!

Doctapper
    Doctapper

Blaze Extinguisher

• Members
  • 4678 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 07:28 PM

legion1232 said:

well heres my sharing speed info link http://www.speedtest.../1190971326.png its not my connection when i play it maxes out my CPU and lags and uses about 50% or more ram my laptop its full of junk that im deleting to make it run better but as we all know vista isn't the best OS to have for a computer i would put windows xp on but i cant for some reason

Ok, first, What IS your Processor, Intel, ATI? Tell me and I will find a way! Try the other tips! If it maxes out your RAM, increase your Virtual Memory, and (if you can) Buy a RAM Chip, 2GB or 1GB Chips will be great! (if you buy a 2GB, you will have 4GB of RAM, 1GB, it will be 3GB)

And people. ONE DAY, WE WILL WIN THE WAR AGAINST MINECRAFT LAG!

legion1232

Posted 08 March 2011 - 07:43 PM

its an intel celleron m 32 bit system with ddr2 ram i dont think i cant put any more ram than 2gb on this computer i only have 2 ram card slots and i have 69 processes running at the moment

Doctapper
    Doctapper

Blaze Extinguisher

• Members
  • 4678 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 08:10 PM

legion1232 said:

its an intel celleron m 32 bit system with ddr2 ram i dont think i cant put any more ram than 2gb on this computer i only have 2 ram card slots and i have 69 processes running at the moment

I know what your Problem Is at last!

69 Processes running at the same time! That IS bad! Try downloading Gamebooster http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html

Now you probably should stop lagging!

Next, about your Processor, Celeron M. that is quite low, try upgrading to the latest one http://downloadcenter.intel.com/

And those 2 RAM Slots, that dosen't matter, all you do is buy a chip, open up one of the RAM slots, carefully take the existing RAM chip OUT (I advise watching youtube videos of how NOT to break your computer) then carefully place the NEW Chip back in (buy a 3GB or 4GB). As I said, watch youtube!

Also the DDR2 is Excellent, to my knowledge that is currently the best type out, so now worries.

32bit. Thats good, no problems there my friend!

legion1232

Posted 08 March 2011 - 08:16 PM

Doctapper said:

legion1232 said:

I know what your Problem Is at last!

69 Processes running at the same time! That IS bad! Try downloading Gamebooster http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html

Now you probably should stop lagging!

Next, about your Processor, Celeron M. that is quite low, try upgrading to the latest one http://downloadcenter.intel.com/

And those 2 RAM Slots, that dosen't matter, all you do is buy a chip, open up one of the RAM slots, carefully take the existing RAM chip OUT (I advise watching youtube videos of how NOT to break your computer) then carefully place the NEW Chip back in (buy a 3GB or 4GB). As I said, watch youtube!

Also the DDR2 is Excellent, to my knowledge that is currently the best type out, so now worries.

32bit. Thats good, no problems there my friend!

well i don't the MHz limits on ram for this Compaq presario c500t this laptop is about 3-4 years old and ive upgraded to the most powerful processor i could get if i can fit 2  2gb cards in great ill have to order some but for now ill try out that program

Aaronzo-SD

Posted 08 March 2011 - 08:24 PM

69 Processes, how unfortunate :)

Going to try this now, thanks! B)
Posted Image

Doctapper
    Doctapper

Blaze Extinguisher

• Members
  • 4678 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 08:26 PM

Aaronzo-SD said:

69 Processes, how unfortunate :)

Going to try this now, thanks! B)

lol. Yep it should work!

legion1232

Posted 08 March 2011 - 08:29 PM

im going to give this program a shot if i like it i might buy the full thing ive tryed so many others befor but they just give you ad ware and other crap so far it seems good havent run any games yet but ill try to find out if i can put 4 gb of ram on to my laptop if so that should lower the lag

Doctapper
    Doctapper

Blaze Extinguisher

• Members
  • 4678 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 08:32 PM

legion1232 said:

im going to give this program a shot if i like it i might buy the full thing ive tryed so many others befor but they just give you ad ware and other crap so far it seems good havent run any games yet but ill try to find out if i can put 4 gb of ram on to my laptop if so that should lower the lag

Yep I know, Adware is horrible, hate it, Gamebooster works though! It works for me, the game runs smoother than smooth!

Doctapper
    Doctapper

Blaze Extinguisher

• Members
  • 4678 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 08:36 PM

*TOPIC UPDATE

Wow, I see this Topic has got alot of views since the 2 days it was born! I am aiming to get 300 views, we are nearly at 200 so yeah, I have personally tested my instructions myself, they work, I am currently researching more Anti-Lag programs etc. Good Luck and remember!

WE WILL WIN THE LAG WAR!

legion1232

Posted 08 March 2011 - 08:44 PM

it also might be all the stuff the server is running like towny,iconomy, and many other things and its got 3 other worlds linked to it the hell a pvp and another map that causing lag

Doctapper
    Doctapper

Blaze Extinguisher

• Members
  • 4678 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 08:46 PM

legion1232 said:

it also might be all the stuff the server is running like towny,iconomy, and many other things and its got 3 other worlds linked to it the hell a pvp and another map that causing lag

Could be. If I were you I would change to a different server, see how things go there.