5 replies to this topic

Matdo
    Matdo

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 03:39 PM

Introduction:

My xray mod is a mod used to easily locate valuable ores such as diamonds. It has three different modes that can be used together, that I will explain in detail. This can be used on both singleplayer and multiplayer.

Xray:

Xray makes all blocks invisible except for ores, water and lava. It will show all of the faces of water and lava so you do not mine into them. It will also show chests, spider webs, mob spawners and so on. The keybinding for this is 'X'.

Screenshot:
Spoiler:

Opacity:

Opacity xray is used so that when you go mining, you can still see the ground below you. It is also useful as a wallhack when fighting in PVP, as you can easily see the ground. With the arrow keys, up and down, you can change how much opacity there is, ranging from 0 - 255. You can also see all of the liquids. Note, when changing the level of opacity, you must press 'F', to refresh the world.The keybinding for this is 'Z'.

Screenshot:
Spoiler:

Brightness:

Brightness is used to light up dark areas without the use of torches. It will fade in and out. It should be noted, this does not at all affect the spawning of mobs, and is only client side. The keybinding for this is 'C'.

Screenshot:
Spoiler:

Toggle GUI:

You can also toggle the text in the top left so that it does not get in the way. When you do this, it will make it look as if you are the vanilla client. You can toggle this by using the key 'V'.

Download:

You can download the mod here: http://adf.ly/UMcV1

Installation:

In order to install, navigate to your .minecraft folder. You can do this by pressing the windows key, and R at the same time. This will open run. Type to go to %appdata% and press enter. Once you are there, open the .minecraft folder. From there, open the versions folder. You should see a folder called "1.6.2". Copy and paste it. Rename the c+p'd folder to Xray. Then go into the folder, and rename both of the files to Xray as well. It is case sensitive. From there, edit the .json using notepad and you should see at the top, a piece of text saying the following: "id": "1.6.2". Chage the "1.6.2" to Xray, using the capital. Finally, open the .jar, and the rar file provided. Copy all of the files from the rar into the jar and you are finished. When you open the launcher, click on the "Local version editor" tab, and select the xray.

TOS:

If caught using this on a server, you may be banned. I take no responsibility for any sanctions given to any user on a server using this. I do not recommend using this tool on a server where the use of game changing modifications is not permitted. I also cannot confirm the safety of this mod if it is not downloaded from the link I have provided. Make sure not to download this from anywhere other than this thread. If you wish to redistribute, please use the adf.ly link I have given and give me credit.

Bugs:

The bugs that I am aware of are that the brightness mod sometimes takes a while to update when turning off, and that if you have the render distance below normal, when using opacity xray, the ores may appear to be see through as well. If you find any mods, please post them in this thread, with any crash reports you were given. I will try to fix any bugs ASAP.

Next Version:

In the next version, I will be making the following changes:
  • Fixing the long time before 'Brightness' turns off
  • Hiding blocks such as grass
  • Adding a xray mode that hides all ores, for use in finding players

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

BiweGas
    BiweGas

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 03:44 PM

Cool man! if it really works that well then Good job.
\/ Subscribe To Him (Creating Awesome Videos and Live Commentary)

Dainiuxs1999
  • Minecraft: MrTindervox

Posted 21 August 2013 - 03:56 PM

Useful!

Matdo
    Matdo

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:23 PM

View PostDainiuxs1999, on 21 August 2013 - 03:56 PM, said:

Useful!
Thanks, if you have any other ideas for mods like this that I could make, I would appreciate it. I also would love some feedback so I can improve my mods. I made this just to familiarize myself with the minecraft code due to me not touching it for a while.
Posted Image

Matdo
    Matdo

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 07:47 PM

Please do redirect this do any friends who are looking for an xray mod. Also, I would love to hear ideas for mods like this.
Posted Image

Epileptic_Hippo
  • Minecraft: UnOmE

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:13 AM

Hey!
Is it compatible with forge?

Also in the next update for the mod, I'd love to see a gui in which the player can select the blocks hidden/shown
[represent]