Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

IC2 Experimental

• Please log in to reply
155 replies to this topic

Tylerthe41
  • Minecraft: Tylerthe41

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:22 PM

I'm a big fan of Industrialcraft, so being able to play it on a current version of MInecraft with my friends happens to be a pretty big deal for me.  Recently I've found IC2 Experimental, which seems to be the buggy, but working updated version of IC2.  If you've never heard of it, you can find builds for it here: http://ic2api.player...2_experimental/

They come out pretty often and It's a pretty new project, but I have one problem.  They changed the recipes for a lot of things in IC2, and neither I nor my friends can figure out what they are anymore.  It would be a really big help is someone could point me in the right direction on figuring out what the new recipes are.

Thanks.
I am Atheist.

I moderate these forums as much as I can despite not being a moderator.

I strongly support:
Better clouds
Natural Disasters
More uses for The Nether

Register or log in to remove.

zombiepig333
  • Minecraft: zombiepig333

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:41 PM

View PostTylerthe41, on 19 August 2013 - 09:22 PM, said:

I'm a big fan of Industrialcraft, so being able to play it on a current version of MInecraft with my friends happens to be a pretty big deal for me.  Recently I've found IC2 Experimental, which seems to be the buggy, but working updated version of IC2.  If you've never heard of it, you can find builds for it here: http://ic2api.player...2_experimental/

They come out pretty often and It's a pretty new project, but I have one problem.  They changed the recipes for a lot of things in IC2, and neither I nor my friends can figure out what they are anymore.  It would be a really big help is someone could point me in the right direction on figuring out what the new recipes are.

Thanks.

I just found it today, and am kinda excited for it (since it is v2.0 and all), and nei should work for most of the recipes.
My website that I try and keep updated: http://zombiepig333.com/

Tylerthe41
  • Minecraft: Tylerthe41

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:16 PM

View Postzombiepig333, on 19 August 2013 - 09:41 PM, said:

-nei should work for most of the recipes.

Nei? I'm not sure what that is Posted Image

EDIT: Not Enough Items, gotcha, just had to think about it Posted Image

Thank you so much!
I am Atheist.

I moderate these forums as much as I can despite not being a moderator.

I strongly support:
Better clouds
Natural Disasters
More uses for The Nether

BadLeo_
    BadLeo_

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:37 AM

Did you tested already? Is NEI working with IC2x? I run IC2 1.118 for MC1.6.2, but NEI doesn't show IC2 recipes. ;(
Damn you, Minecraft. Now I look at real buildings and wander how many blocks it took to be built...

Nieue
    Nieue

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • Minecraft: Nieue

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:33 PM

View PostBadLeo_, on 20 August 2013 - 12:37 AM, said:

Did you tested already? Is NEI working with IC2x? I run IC2 1.118 for MC1.6.2, but NEI doesn't show IC2 recipes. ;(
That's because NeiPlugins has to be updated first

ExodusDeath
  • Minecraft: ExodusDeath

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:39 PM

What are all the changes so far? Anyone know?

l3lackCalamity

Posted 23 August 2013 - 07:59 PM

View PostExodusDeath, on 21 August 2013 - 08:39 PM, said:

What are all the changes so far? Anyone know?
  • A lot of the machines now require metal plating instead of refined iron.
  • Plating is made using a forge hammer (80 uses)
  • Macerating an ore gives "crushed ore" instead of dust
  • Nukes don't appear to use any uranium in the recipe o.0
  • UU matter has been renamed Universal Usable Amplifier  (I'm guessing it does something else since)
  • Inclusion of new liquid called "uu mater"
  • IC2 now has its own lead

Plus More

ShlohGaming

Posted 24 August 2013 - 05:31 AM

It crashed my minecraft. ;( i dont feel like trying to make it work with all my mother mods
Posted Image

Posted Image

bogatyr_n
    bogatyr_n

The Meaning of Life, the Universe, and Everything...

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 10:12 PM

Oh right, this is the one that the maker of GregTech is involved with. I'll pass.

SirYoggi
  • Minecraft: SirYoggi
  • Xbox:TheYoggi

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:08 PM

I'm running server with 84 mods including Buildcraft, Railcraft, Forestry, Mystcraft and many others. This version of IC2 works fine, but there's no NEI plugins yet, so i need to ask. Does anyone figure out how to make empty cells?

Ortikon
    Ortikon

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 08:02 PM

Empty cells are as so I beleive...(may contain traces of WRONG, currently at work and cannot test)

Tin
Hammer tin ingot with a Forge Hammer or metal shaper
Attempt to craft as: 0=empty, T= tin
lets hope this doesnt do something wierd in html...
[0][T][0]
[T][0][T]
[0][T][0]

If nothing shows, hammer the peices AGAIN to make more advanced plates
Do same recipe as shown.

So far the current build is fantastic. I am having a blast, the recipes take a bit more time which immediately says to me "more fun with making crazy automation machines" I found I got to a point where I had piles of stuff and was all powerful too fast and got bored. Picking this up again this augast has renewed the game.

Hope that recipe works.

Ortikon
    Ortikon

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 08:07 PM

Also on the topic of GregTech involvement. (short point as I hear that ppl complain about him, not my business)
He is in for fixes, his comments are seen in the build notes, but mostly fixes and generally is keeping the game in the spirit of IC2 with a touch more "realism" and complexity. I like that I am not making stuff out of straight ingots, the extra electronics parts are nice and in general is lengthening the time it takes to do stuff quite tastefully. An experienced IC2 player will still find himself still macerating the heck out of everything in the first long sitting, and have time to try the new stuff at a learning pace.

I am happy with the current build which came out about Aug 23rd.
It is being updated almost daily, so there is some heavy duty active work going on.
I will wait a few updates as I am not running into a single problem (knock on wood..er punch wood?)

Ortikon
    Ortikon

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 08:21 PM

View Postl3lackCalamity, on 23 August 2013 - 07:59 PM, said:

• Nukes don't appear to use any uranium in the recipe o.0

Its crazy now, you make the Nuke as the carrier device (so unarmed, hence no nuclear materials) and after, you open an interface inside the nuke and add different combinations of TNT (stackable up to 64 per slot) and uranium or plutonium. These combinations make variable explosive effects, Essentially you can use this for intense cavern making, or really big (but tastefully small) tnt cannon rounds. TRY IT!

Ortikon
    Ortikon

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 08:50 PM

Seeing as this thread is named "IC2 Experimental" , can this be a main topic thread beyond the question of the OP?
I have never had such a hard time finding info on google, I almost feel I should start an IC2x wiki seeing as the old one is only partially relevent ( and I am so sick of that Hayo joke)

JasonKillsUS

Posted 28 August 2013 - 06:28 PM

have a look at the new nei plugin, "http://www.chickenbo...ions/links.php" recips are working with the latest release...
but for my taste ic and buildcraft/railcraft/gregsmod should die (my 2 cents) beside that i see some new interesting new tech mods rising like the universal electricity +mekanism etc. so hopefully i can leave those "Nazi Mods" behind and let them rest in peace.

ExodusDeath
  • Minecraft: ExodusDeath

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:43 AM

New and interesting? Really? Its the same thing with a new name. lol

jjjworley
  • Minecraft: jjjworley

Posted 02 September 2013 - 10:45 AM

View PostBadLeo_, on 20 August 2013 - 12:37 AM, said:

I use Craftguide for the recipes.

View PostDuckstepper, on 21 August 2013 - 08:33 PM, said:

That's because NeiPlugins has to be updated first
Its because NEI's API has changed and doesn't support IC2. Unless IC2 updates, it will never work in NEI.

jjjworley
  • Minecraft: jjjworley

Posted 03 September 2013 - 01:49 AM

I can't craft the recycler. Has it been deprecated?

amerem
    amerem

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 11:30 PM

How do you recharge the uranium though depleted rods won't go into a reactor

Edit: I figured it out you run them through the thermal centrifuge to charge them again
Posted Image

Laskeri
    Laskeri

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2103 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 11:45 PM

View PostJasonKillsUS, on 28 August 2013 - 06:28 PM, said:

have a look at the new nei plugin, "http://www.chickenbo...ions/links.php" recips are working with the latest release...
but for my taste ic and buildcraft/railcraft/gregsmod should die (my 2 cents) beside that i see some new interesting new tech mods rising like the universal electricity +mekanism etc. so hopefully i can leave those "Nazi Mods" behind and let them rest in peace.

"Nazi Mods"

Do they slaughter other mods? No. If a mod is well made it will become popular. Those mods are popular because they did new stuff first. They have nothing against competitor mods, and Mekanism is a good example of it.

In my opinion though, Universal Electricity feels fragmented and incomplete, and doesn't really mesh well with most mods besides themselves, and they don't have enough content to fill every niche that other mods do.