Latest News Article

[1.6.4][FORGE] Custom Ore Generation: First Revival

• Please log in to reply
679 replies to this topic

Master_Jynx
  • Minecraft: Master_Jynx

Posted 06 April 2014 - 02:03 AM

View Postnoogenesis, on 05 April 2014 - 11:24 PM, said:

Just remove the Import directive. Everything in custom is loaded automatically by default (which you can change, see the wildcard import below the others).
thanks that worked.
Next, /cogPopulate [range] doesn't work for me , not even in creative mode with cheats enabled.
I get "You do not have permission ......."

Posted Image
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

noogenesis

Posted 06 April 2014 - 02:39 AM

View PostMaster_Jynx, on 06 April 2014 - 02:03 AM, said:

thanks that worked.
Next, /cogPopulate [range] doesn't work for me , not even in creative mode with cheats enabled.
I get "You do not have permission ......."

Enable debugging during world generation. Or enable cheats and enter /cogEnableDebugging.

View Postwalkerjonny, on 05 April 2014 - 11:46 PM, said:

Hi,

The Factorization default config xml file does not include the Dark Iron ore that comes now with Factorization 0.8.34.
Do you plan to add a configuration option for it or do I need to do it manually?
If I have to add that ore manually: Where do I need to store the custom Factorization.xml? Under the same folder (default) or do I need to save it in the "Custom" folder?

I'm happy to add it as a config option, and I would be even happier if you came up with the distribution. Once you come up with one, send me it and I'll incorporate it into the Factorization config. Just create a file under "custom" that adds the DarkIron distributions. If you really need to modify the Factorization config, you need to create a CustomOreGen_Config.xml that overrides Factorization as described on the github wiki.

Master_Jynx
  • Minecraft: Master_Jynx

Posted 06 April 2014 - 03:31 PM

View Postnoogenesis, on 06 April 2014 - 02:39 AM, said:

Enable debugging during world generation. Or enable cheats and enter /cogEnableDebugging.

sorry, i failed to mention that I had used /cogEnableDebugging and i tried editing the world's config file to enable it manually

Posted Image
Posted Image

Sharshar
  • Minecraft: oOSharsharOo

Posted 07 April 2014 - 12:21 AM

Noogenesis, do you mind if I post a link in this thread to the mod I'm working on? I feel it works exceptionally well alongside COG, so people that watch this thread may actually like it. I don't want to post without getting permission first though :P
I'm developing Charlotte's Utilities - Layout Blocks, Prospectors, and more! I bet you can't guess why I named it that! <_<
Follow me on twitter @charlotte_c_b for updates! You can also find me in irc.esper.net as Ilandria
Development of my mods is made possible by Full Effect Hosting

noogenesis

Posted 07 April 2014 - 03:15 AM

View PostSharshar, on 07 April 2014 - 12:21 AM, said:

Noogenesis, do you mind if I post a link in this thread to the mod I'm working on? I feel it works exceptionally well alongside COG, so people that watch this thread may actually like it. I don't want to post without getting permission first though Posted Image

Go for it. I'd love to hear about it.

Sharshar
  • Minecraft: oOSharsharOo

Posted 07 April 2014 - 02:25 PM

Here's the link to the forum thread. It's still a work in progress so right now it doesn't add too much to the game, but it was at a stable enough point that a lot of my friends enjoy using it so I figured I may as well release it and update as I develop. My goal with the mod is to add some utilities that (in my opinion) improve the general flow of the game. I'm focusing on developing them with the main world-gen mods I use in mind.

With COG I personally enjoy playing with veins set to super rare (like 10-25%) but their size set to 150-200% (which I believe actually gives less ore than default COG settings). In general though I find the only really viable way of finding veins at times is to go to the related biome and branch mine until you find one - and the reason I have COG is to discourage branch mining.

In the first release the only thing in my mod are prospectors, which are my attempt to create a non-overpowered tool that players can use in a survival world to help them find resources when they have COG installed (works in vanilla fine, but isn't really warranted). Functionally they're at a place that I'm happy with, but like I said my goal is to make sure they're balanced and I plan to actively keep tuning then as needed. Effectively I wanted to give players an alternate method to search for resources, not a flat-out better one.

I have a few more ideas for addons I plan to add that closely relate to mining (more specifically to infrastructure setup). After I've implemented those I'm going to branch out into other parts of the game. Basically the mod pack isn't going to be a full tech-tree like Thermal Expansion or Thaumcraft, but the mod's theme will be much more focused than something like Open Blocks or Extra Utilities (which are all awesome mods, so nobody think I'm bashing them, just using as an example).

While I do have a lot of ideas, I of course always greatly appreciate more ideas or feedback on what already exists <3
I'm developing Charlotte's Utilities - Layout Blocks, Prospectors, and more! I bet you can't guess why I named it that! <_<
Follow me on twitter @charlotte_c_b for updates! You can also find me in irc.esper.net as Ilandria
Development of my mods is made possible by Full Effect Hosting

EarthCrafterMan

Posted 09 April 2014 - 09:46 AM

View Postnoogenesis, on 05 April 2014 - 03:58 PM, said:

To "disable" an ore, just use a  distribution, replacing that ore with stone, or whatever. To help with specific issues, we'll need to see the config, like in a pastebin or something.
Spoiler: Config

For some reason the code thing output a blank space so I had to do it manually, and paste didn't keep the indentations
The only thing harder than explaining American politics to an idiot, is explaining American Politics to someone who's actually smart.

noogenesis

Posted 09 April 2014 - 12:18 PM

View PostEarthCrafterMan, on 09 April 2014 - 09:46 AM, said:

Are you sure you're seeing these veins, but not some other (vanilla) veins, in debug mode? It does not look like wireframes are enabled for those distributions.

EarthCrafterMan

Posted 10 April 2014 - 09:14 PM

View Postnoogenesis, on 09 April 2014 - 12:18 PM, said:

Are you sure you're seeing these veins, but not some other (vanilla) veins, in debug mode? It does not look like wireframes are enabled for those distributions.

I started a world with only those turned on, and I am 99% sure that those are them
The only thing harder than explaining American politics to an idiot, is explaining American Politics to someone who's actually smart.

MarceeXX
    MarceeXX

Newly Spawned

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 10:29 AM

Will this be ported to MC 1.7.2?

noogenesis

Posted 14 April 2014 - 02:15 PM

View PostMarceeXX, on 14 April 2014 - 10:29 AM, said:

Will this be ported to MC 1.7.2?

Yes

JiBS_Enterprises
  • Minecraft: Gilnorg

Posted 15 April 2014 - 02:07 AM

Is it possible to decide which biome specific ores will spawn in, or is that chosen automatically by the mod?

Posted Image

[URL=http://doctorwho.ikingssgc.com/]Posted Image[/URL]

noogenesis

Posted 15 April 2014 - 02:34 AM

View PostJiBS_Enterprises, on 15 April 2014 - 02:07 AM, said:

Is it possible to decide which biome specific ores will spawn in, or is that chosen automatically by the mod?

You will need to play with the XML configs to change this. It is easy to add new biomes, less easy to override/block existing generation (see the substitute distribution).

Kantanshi

Posted 16 April 2014 - 07:08 PM

Thank you for making this awesome mod.

Brona Pretolus

Posted 16 April 2014 - 10:22 PM

Hello, and thank you for continuing this mod; branch mining always seemed kind of dumb to me.

Now, when poking through the config files I saw that there was an option to generate ores in small motherloads ONLY in lava pools and I thought it'd be sweet to try it out with diamonds. However, I'm having a bugger of a time actually implementing that change. If anyone could help me out, I'd really appreciate it.

Update: Nevermind, I figured it out! Who could've guessed turning on debug mode would help you solve the problems you're having? /sarcasm

Sigma85
    Sigma85

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 225 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 08:27 PM

Can someone help with this ?
Spoiler:

Posted Image

noogenesis

Posted 22 April 2014 - 09:37 AM

View PostSigma85, on 21 April 2014 - 08:27 PM, said:

Can someone help with this ?

Looks like you might just need to update to the latest version?

Gaelmare
    Gaelmare

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 03:54 AM

Yep, definitely update, to 1.0.24 preferably.

Jek29
    Jek29

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted Today, 08:49 AM

View Postnoogenesis, on 14 April 2014 - 02:15 PM, said:

Yes
Good afternoon.
when will the version 1.7.2 ? under Forge 10.12.1.1060+
thanks in advance!

Jek29
    Jek29

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted Today, 09:07 AM

could you please give us details about the settings of generation ores on the server with the mod.