Version 3.1: for Minecraft 1.7.4
Go to this post
Version 3.0.1: for Minecraft 1.7.2 compatible with Minecraft forge
- material sub type are not working (Waiting for modloader or forge to be updated to fix that)
This mod is a a material detector. Its features are:
- show the surrounding material at your level/height map
- indicate (far or not far) a given material with a direction to dig for
The detector shows also the other materials that are in the list (see FAQ for more information) and not only the selected material.
Only the blocks that are 2 blocks deep or 2 blocks above are shown.
This way, while searching for iron, you can easily found coal.
The water and lava is also displayed using this mechanism in order to avoid to dig into lava directly
Warning: As it can be used to dig very easily some rare materials, it can be consider as a CHEAT.
This mod is compatible with the latest release of Mod loader or with Minecraft Forge (the one corresponding to the latest release of minecraft).
Detector in horizontal mode: (current material selected is diamond)
In the detector screen, you can see some arrows, it will indicate the way to dig (up or down).
Two arrows mean that the material is more than 10 blocks away.
Detector in vertical mode: (used to display caves before digging straight down)
You can find my other mod by following this link
Thanks in advance for your support.
Before posting a question be sure to have read all this FAQ:
* Download for 1.7.2 compatible with Forge
Installation tips with new Minecraft Launcher
* see in the older versions for compatibility with older minecraft version
Thanks to some generous players, you can find here some videos explaining how to use my mod:
* Video for Minecraft 1.6.4
* Full manual installation video
* Another full explanation of the mod usage
* Fast diamond finding
* A mod review done in 2011
- Thanks a lot to Lahwran and Zan for the zan minimap mod who inspired me and is the source mod of this mod
- Greeting to Professor who has contributed to update this mod to 1.6 (via a donation)
- Thanks to MrWhite2 who has helped me improve this mod with very good ideas and has helped a lot of players on the forum to successfully install it
- Thanks to vdeloso which contributed through a donation, the version compatible with the 1.8 will be done ASAP
- Thanks to Zirca which contributed through a donation after the release of the 1.8.1
- Thanks to highsteve who is helping me debugging the mod
- Compatibility with Minecraft 1.7.4
- Fix Add/Edit material page
[*** COPYRIGHT NOTICE ***]