• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.6.X] Gany's Nether v1.6.1 (Gany's Mods)

gany nether end overworld surface crops mob drops spawn eggs

• Please log in to reply
501 replies to this topic

Kyrinon
    Kyrinon

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 112 posts
  • Minecraft: Kyrinon

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:18 PM

not a disappointment at all i know you have a life outside of modding i was just waiting for the blaze armor that we where discussing. if you need a beak this mod is already full of a lot of useful content. the only thing that i would want is the occasional update when minecraft dose and it looks like you are already planning on doing that. thanks for the great mods! you deserve a break :)
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

fullapple1991
  • Minecraft: Fullapple1991

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:14 PM

No problem, I'm just happy that the forum didn't die, and that my internet is fine! ^_^
Don't click this link... Or click it, I'm not the police.

NinjabeeCursed2000
  • Minecraft: ninjabee2000

Posted 11 October 2013 - 10:22 PM

This updated to 1.6.4 I cant tell and cant play it right now I know it says 1.6.X but some mods say 1.6.X and are updated to 1.6.2 I am goanna use this on a custom modpack I am goanna record for YouTube as well that okay?

Subscribe to my channel!,thanks:)
http://www.youtube.c...etgn_ZdSDugpS6Q

ganymedes01
  • Minecraft: ganymedes01

Posted 12 October 2013 - 12:06 AM

View PostKyrinon, on 03 October 2013 - 03:18 PM, said:

not a disappointment at all i know you have a life outside of modding i was just waiting for the blaze armor that we where discussing. if you need a beak this mod is already full of a lot of useful content. the only thing that i would want is the occasional update when minecraft dose and it looks like you are already planning on doing that. thanks for the great mods! you deserve a break Posted Image

Thank you for your understanding :) New version soon :D

View Postfullapple1991, on 03 October 2013 - 09:14 PM, said:

No problem, I'm just happy that the forum didn't die, and that my internet is fine! Posted Image

Your fire charge launcher is coming :)

View PostNinjabeeCursed2000, on 11 October 2013 - 10:22 PM, said:

This updated to 1.6.4 I cant tell and cant play it right now I know it says 1.6.X but some mods say 1.6.X and are updated to 1.6.2 I am goanna use this on a custom modpack I am goanna record for YouTube as well that okay?

Subscribe to my channel!,thanks:)
http://www.youtube.c...etgn_ZdSDugpS6Q

Yes it does work on 1.6.4 :) I'm about to release a new version that will also work on 1.6.4 :)
And sure feel free to use it on your mod pack :) I'm looking forward to watching your series :)
Posted Image

ganymedes01

Posted 12 October 2013 - 12:14 AM

Update it out :)
No images for the new stuff! Look on the changelog for a brief description!
Later on I'll add images and further explanations :)
Posted Image

ganymedes01

Posted 12 October 2013 - 10:26 PM

All images and descriptions added :)
Go check them out! :D
Posted Image

Kyrinon
    Kyrinon

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:27 AM

i really like all of the new features especially the undertakers.
is the armor supposed to give you fire resistance? because it looked like it only had recharge. which is fine just did not know if it was a bug or not:)
Posted Image

ganymedes01

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:33 AM

View PostKyrinon, on 14 October 2013 - 07:27 AM, said:

i really like all of the new features especially the undertakers.
is the armor supposed to give you fire resistance? because it looked like it only had recharge. which is fine just did not know if it was a bug or not:)

Yeah I thought the fire resistance bonus would a bit lame so I removed it :3 Do you think I should add it again? I'm always open for suggestions :)
Posted Image

sadris
    sadris

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 379 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:45 PM

Awesome job on the update! Gonna have to install this alongside Gany's End now :)

NinjabeeCursed2000

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:47 PM

Heres an idea Wither bones=wither bonemeal=produce nether wart growing and how about soul glass panes

ganymedes01

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:16 PM

View Postsadris, on 14 October 2013 - 01:45 PM, said:

Awesome job on the update! Gonna have to install this alongside Gany's End now Posted Image

Awh thank you :) Really glad you liked them :D

View PostNinjabeeCursed2000, on 14 October 2013 - 07:47 PM, said:

Heres an idea Wither bones=wither bonemeal=produce nether wart growing and how about soul glass panes

What do you mean? A bonemeal for nether wart?
And Soul Glass panes is a good idea:3 I think I'll add it :D

Also, for your series, I think you'll be happy to know that the random chests that generate around the nether now have a chance of containing sand, dirt, cobble, seeds and wood as well. So it will be even better for people who want to survive only in the nether :D
Posted Image

IamLUCIF3R
  • Minecraft: IamLUCIF3R

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:06 PM

Hey Gany, Love your mods they are a must have! Posted Image   I have a crash log for you from loading your mods on a server.

Spoiler:

Posted Image

NinjabeeCursed2000

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:13 AM

Yea a bonemeal for netherwart wither Bone-meal crafted from wither bones which you get from wither skeletons also try adding an Awesome ore or something that its use is similar to Redstone dust which you can use to make netherrack dispensers and stuff I love redstoneing oh and i figured out a way back to the Overworld without any overworld materials your gonna want to watch my future videos to find out how or research some of the mods too oh and thank you for letting sand spawn in the chest even cobblestone now i can make and brewing stand and potions with thuose materials :)

ganymedes01

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:26 AM

View PostIamLUCIF3R, on 14 October 2013 - 11:06 PM, said:

Hey Gany, Love your mods they are a must have! Posted Image   I have a crash log for you from loading your mods on a server.

Spoiler:

Yeah, I noticed that error yesterday =/ The problem is that I have absolutely no idea what's causing it.
It's nothing in the code, it's when I build it that something goes wrong, and I simply can't figure out what it is.
The 1.3 version should work on servers, I'm really really sorry but you'll have to use that one until I figure this one out =/

View PostNinjabeeCursed2000, on 15 October 2013 - 12:13 AM, said:

Yea a bonemeal for netherwart wither Bone-meal crafted from wither bones which you get from wither skeletons also try adding an Awesome ore or something that its use is similar to Redstone dust which you can use to make netherrack dispensers and stuff I love redstoneing oh and i figured out a way back to the Overworld without any overworld materials your gonna want to watch my future videos to find out how or research some of the mods too oh and thank you for letting sand spawn in the chest even cobblestone now i can make and brewing stand and potions with thuose materials Posted Image

I like that idea :3 I'll work on it!
About the redstone though... I don't like generating extra ores in the nether, I like it bare as it is (if you notice ,my stuff barely take any space in the nether). So I'll probably just add some redstone to the random chests:3 Or maybe I'll think of a cool way to make it idk, I'll think of something :3

And I'll definitely keep watching your videos :D I love them, I think you're really funny XD

About the glass panes btw...
Spoiler:

Posted Image

NinjabeeCursed2000

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:33 AM

Hmm about a new plant crop no wait or a new tree?

ganymedes01

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:35 AM

View PostNinjabeeCursed2000, on 15 October 2013 - 12:33 AM, said:

Hmm about a new plant crop no wait or a new tree?

I was thinking about a block or item, that you could use to turn netherrack into netherrack dust, then mix that with glowstone and then get redstone from it. Something like that, maybe a few more steps or another block... what do you think?:3
Posted Image

NinjabeeCursed2000

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:42 AM

Crafting Redstone AWESOME!:D how about Netherack dispensers and stuff? or I can use the cobble in chests

ganymedes01

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:44 AM

View PostNinjabeeCursed2000, on 15 October 2013 - 12:42 AM, said:

Crafting Redstone AWESOME!Posted Image how about Netherack dispensers and stuff? or I can use the cobble in chests

Awesome :D Now I just need to find a balanced value:3 I'm thinking 2 glowstone + stuff = 1 redstone. Don't know.
And yeah no netherrack dispensers:3 You'll have to find cobble:3 mwahaha

Need a way to get string as well... any ideas?
Posted Image

NinjabeeCursed2000

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:04 AM

I think the redstone balance by crafting 2 glow stone is about right because redstone is not a piece of cake when you go mining because its located next to lava and the string I'm not sure about string how about from the glow reed? you make a row and it gives you glow reed strand and you can use the glow reed strand to make a really good bow I'm not sure its the best you could do but their might bee better ideas.

Kyrinon
    Kyrinon

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:15 AM

View Postganymedes01, on 14 October 2013 - 09:33 AM, said:

Yeah I thought the fire resistance bonus would a bit lame so I removed it :3 Do you think I should add it again? I'm always open for suggestions Posted Image
not necessary i can always get fire resistance from potions

NinjabeeCursed if you are interested in trees and ores you should check out two mods

Nether Ores
-adds all over-world ores to the nether
  -sparce
  -careful though the zombie pig-men do not like you stealing there ores
  -and the nether ores are a bit unstable and might explode when you mine them

Natura
-adds trees to nether
  -careful some of them explode
  -and the ones on the sealing are a little difficult to harvest
  -fortunately the wood is all fire resistant
-adds new plants like berry bushes and glowshrooms
  -all berries give a short harmful effect along with a longer positive effect
  -don't walk through the large mushrooms
-adds new mobs
  -the heatscar spiders drop flamestring that can be made into special bows
  -the imps drop imp hide and flesh
  -and beware of the nitro creapers
-adds ash and sulfer clouds
  -good for long jumps down and a little bit of crafting
-adds tainted soil and heat sand
  -do not walk on heat sand with bare feet

the major problem that i was having with only nether survival and these two mods is the lack of a fernece to smelt the ores. with gannies mod and the addition to random cobble this gap is filled quite nicely. the reason that i mention this is because i think that we should not request things that can be easily gotten from another mod. it will also make it so that gannie can keep the nether additions to a minimum in his mod like he wants while those who want more can just add the other mods.

this dose bring me to a request. i loded a nether with all three mods and it would seem that the changes that natura makes to the nether mess up your wourld gen. i flew around and only found one undertaker and two glow reeds. i do not know how your ore generation works but if it is checking for nether rack could you change it to look for a solid or non-lava, non-air, ect. block. that way it will play nicer with other mods

also the special bows can not be made into dispensers. however if you can get a hold of regular string and combine it with almost any nether wood sticks it will make a regular bow. so if you could implement a way to get string that would be nice. what NinjabeeCursed suggested would work.

if any one actually plays with these three mods and run a nether survival i Find it amusing that the most desired resource will probably  be cobble :) especially if they are trying to make redstone contraptions with pistons, droppers, and dispensers.

actually that gives me one more thought there is no way to get sticky pistons. maybe you could add a block to separate magmacream making slime balls and blaze powder (may want to increase the drops on magma cubes possibly just add another event?) you could also use the same machine on glow reeds to get glowstone and string. (possibly one of each or still the two glowstone and one string then remove the crafting recipe
Posted Image