• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.6.2~1.6.4] [Forge] Web Displays - Browse On the Internet in Minecraft!

1.6.2 forge web browser web displays web internet awesomium

• Please log in to reply
1817 replies to this topic

montoyo
    montoyo

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • Minecraft: nicotbb

Posted 08 August 2013 - 11:36 AM

POPULAR

IF YOU HAVE ANY TROUBLES THEN PLEASE READ THE FAQ BEFORE POSTING! Thanks :D

WARNING: This mod is a BETA mod! There is a LOT of bugs.
WARNING: Only WINDOWS clients can see screens! What I mean is
    that you can run this mod on a server using any OS; but if you are
    running the client on an OS that is NOT windows, you'll see
    "Installation Failed" on the screen, however it won't crash
    your Minecraft and you'll still be able to join server using this mod.

Now you can interact with screens using ComputerCraft

Hi everyone,
I'm happy to show you today my new mod: Web Displays, which adds a Web Screen Block and more! So, what do you think this block will do? Well, when you place a few of those blocks (144 in fact) in a 16x9x1 surface shape, and you right-click it, a real web browser shows up. You can go on YouTube, watch some videos or listen to your favourites musics, watch the stream of your favourite streamer, shows the news in your server's lobby and everything in-game.

Posted Image

Spoiler:

Posted Image

Spoiler:

Posted Image

The screen:
First, you need to craft some web screens blocks like this:
Posted Image
Then, build a little walll with them (minimum size: 2x2) and right click on the side where you want the screen to appear (check that you don't have any items in your hand). That's it, you created your screen. Shift-Right Click to change the URL. To click on a link/button, simply right-click it with nothing in the hand.

The minePad:
Ok, so you have a web browser in a block; now what about a web browser in an item? Here is the minePad: YAY!
Posted Image
Once you created it; you need to right-click a real screen (made out of web screens blocks) and you'll see what is shown on the screen but on your this tablet!

Peripherals:
Peripherals are blocks that can be connected to a screen using the Wireless Linker:
Posted Image
You have to right click the screen first and then the peripheral with it. Note that peripherals can be wherever you want in the world, there is no distance from the screen limit. It just have to be in the same dimension.

Peripheral #1: The keyboard:
To type things in the web screen, you'll need the keyboard:
Posted ImagePosted Image
After linking it to a screen with the linker, just right-click it with nothing in the hand, type whatever you want, and press Escape when you have done.

Peripheral #2: The Computer Interface:
If you want to use ComputerCraft to interact with the screen, here is the computer interface:
Posted Image
After linking it to a screen using the linker, place a computer next to it. You can access its functions using peripheral.wrap("SIDE_OF_THE_INTERFACE")
To know which functions are available; you can watch my little tutorial here:
Spoiler:

Peripheral #3: The Repeater:
This peripheral is a little bit special; it'll repeat what a real screen will show (called "source"), but on another screen (called "repeater).
Build two 16x9 screen (using web screens blocks). Turn on the source screen (right-click it with nothing in the hand). Then, select it by right-clicking it using the wireless linker. Once the source has been selected, click on the second screen using the linker. That's it :)

Peripheral #4: The Remote Controller:
Crafted like this:
Posted Image
The Remote Controller once linked to a screen will enable you to change the URL of its linked screen wherever you want; this might be usefull to make a screen control room and change the URL from far.

Servers:

Have you already tought about drinking some virtual beer, eat virtual food with your friends while watching a stream?
I suggest you Virtual Barcraft: http://www.virtualbarcraft.com
Enjoy!

Posted Image

Spoiler:

Next Update:

Spoiler:

Changelog:

Spoiler:

Old Versions:

Spoiler:

Licenses:

Spoiler:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Ragocraft

Posted 08 August 2013 - 12:05 PM

This mod seems awesome. I think you could create a site from which you can interact with redstone or with ComputerCraft (turn on the screen, do a search...)

Deboomboom

Posted 08 August 2013 - 12:29 PM

Amazin

lokemannen

Posted 08 August 2013 - 12:37 PM

Freaking Amazing!

TheFurax
    TheFurax

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 12:40 PM

It's going to be a very good mod, for server, if you want to display some information, just make a webpage. And that it.

(Are you french ?)

montoyo
    montoyo

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 12:44 PM

Thanks guys ^^
And yes, I am french :D
Posted Image

Posted Image

TheLask
    TheLask

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 05:13 PM

does this work with the magic launcher?

montoyo
    montoyo

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 05:26 PM

Nah I don't think so... I have no idea about how the Magic Launcher works, sorry :(

-- EDIT --

I tried to import my forge profile from the original minecraft launcher to the magic launcher, it worked. If Magic Launcher handles JSON config files like the normal launcher, yes, it will work.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Bobthebuilder107
  • Minecraft: Bobthebuilder107

Posted 08 August 2013 - 06:39 PM

Awesome dude! This mod is Epic! I going to do a Mod Review on it!

Mr_Judgemental
  • Minecraft: Mr_Judgemental

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:14 PM

Hey, I built the webscreen 16x9x1 and right clicked it to enter the web address https://www.google.com and nothing happens on either side.What am I doing wrong?

montoyo
    montoyo

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:22 PM

Hi! I'm Sorry about that... can you send me your ForgeModLoader-client-0.log located in your .minecraft folder?
Thanks, BuildLight.
Posted Image

Posted Image

SoShinyRS

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:43 PM

Wow this mod is cool xD

Ultimate_Saviors1
  • Minecraft: Ultimate_Saviors

Posted 08 August 2013 - 11:35 PM

I have a question how can you search on YouTube like if you want to watch a certain video?

montoyo
    montoyo

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 11:48 PM

View PostUltimate_Saviors1, on 08 August 2013 - 11:35 PM, said:

I have a question how can you search on YouTube like if you want to watch a certain video?
Actually there are no ways to type something on a web screen. I'll probably add this functionality in the next update :) at the moment you have to search on a real browser, copy the link, shift-click on the browser block and paste. Don't forget to add http:// if it isn't already done :P
Posted Image

Posted Image

pizzazman5

Posted 09 August 2013 - 01:41 AM

When I open the launcher it says "Could not find the main class net.montoyo.wdi.WebDisplayInstaller. Program will exit." and then it closes.
Posted Image

Biiim
    Biiim

404: Member Not Found

• Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 02:04 AM

Amazing mod !

I hope i'm the first to do it, but...

Spoiler:

"Love as a principle and order as the basis; progress as the goal"

DrEinsteinium
  • Minecraft: DrEinsteinium

Posted 09 August 2013 - 02:07 AM

This is extremely impressive. How did you get Awesomium to work with Java? I thought the whole project was in C++? I'm interested because I was looking at Awesomium to open a web browser in Minecraft for my mod WikiLink.
Follow me on twitter! @dreinsteinium
Read up on whats new! www.catacombs.co
Posted Image

Wolzen
    Wolzen

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 10:09 AM

I installed the mod, and the installer said everything worked, but after building the screen 16x9 and right clicking, I still get a blank screen. I can shift right click to enter a webpage, but right clicking does nothing. When I left click it destroys the block, the screen flashes white, then back to black. My install only contains the latest forge. I had optifine too but disabled it believing that was the problem, but it was not.

--Edit--

I switched away from Magic Launcher and used the Default Launcher instead. It works now.

TheBearGames

Posted 09 August 2013 - 11:51 AM

Great little mod, I decided to do a little spotlight on it, if you deem it worthy I would love you to feature it in the description :)

montoyo
    montoyo

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 01:35 PM

View Postpizzazman5, on 09 August 2013 - 01:41 AM, said:

When I open the launcher it says "Could not find the main class net.montoyo.wdi.WebDisplayInstaller. Program will exit." and then it closes.
A few friends had the same problem, but not only with my installer; but that is not a bug from my installer, but from java. I'll send you a private message with a link to another installer. If it fixes your problem, then I'll put the link on this topic. Sorry about that bug :)

View PostBiiim, on 09 August 2013 - 02:04 AM, said:

Amazing mod !

I hope i'm the first to do it, but...

Spoiler:
Thanks ^^ And yes, you are the first one who did that :P

View PostDrEinsteinium, on 09 August 2013 - 02:07 AM, said:

This is extremely impressive. How did you get Awesomium to work with Java? I thought the whole project was in C++? I'm interested because I was looking at Awesomium to open a web browser in Minecraft for my mod WikiLink.
Yes It's a C++ project. I made my own Java wrapper that I called JAwesomium. At the moment it isn't public, because I didn't wrap all functions & classes. If you want to do your own wrapper, and you know about C++, just search about JNI (Java Native Interface) on google :)

View PostWolzen, on 09 August 2013 - 10:09 AM, said:

I installed the mod, and the installer said everything worked, but after building the screen 16x9 and right clicking, I still get a blank screen. I can shift right click to enter a webpage, but right clicking does nothing. When I left click it destroys the block, the screen flashes white, then back to black. My install only contains the latest forge. I had optifine too but disabled it believing that was the problem, but it was not.

--Edit--

I switched away from Magic Launcher and used the Default Launcher instead. It works now.
Yeah, at the moment Magic Launcher is not supported by my installer, because it can't force the Magic Launcher to use the 32 bits version of Java. I'll make a fix for that, maybe tomorrow.

View PostTheBearGames, on 09 August 2013 - 11:51 AM, said:

Great little mod, I decided to do a little spotlight on it, if you deem it worthy I would love you to feature it in the description :)

Spoiler:
Sure, I'll put it in the description. Thanks a lot :)
Posted Image

Posted Image