by: xFyreStorm (@xFyreStorm)
The "You Will Die" Mod was originally made in 96 hours for the 2013 MCP #ModJam. It's a rogue-like inspired mod which strives to make Minecraft more difficult, and rewarding, by adding traps, mystery potions, weapon stats, blessings, more dungeons, world goals, and more! For best effect, play on Hardcore mode! I do plan to continue work on this mod!
Full Feature List:
- Worlds are given goals and disadvantages. Completing a goal will remove the world's disadvantage, and give you a new goal. Use /currentGoal and /currentDisadvantage to check out both of these. There are currently 7 world disadvantages and two goal types for you to discover!
- Blessings. Players are given a blessing when they first join a world. You can swap out blessings at pillars that gen around the world. Use the examine key (x default) to see what blessing a pillar has. You can only have one blessing at a time. /currentBlessing will show your current blessing. Some blessings have active abilities which can be used with the hotkey (k by default). There are many blessings for you to discover!
- Traps spawn all around the world and can only be seen while sneaking and within a 6 block radius. They are single use, and you can disarm them by right clicking them with nothing in hand, but be careful, because there's a 75% chance you'll fail and hurt yourself. Successful disarms have a 25% chance to drop the trap as an item. There are currently 3 different traps. You can turn off trap generation in the properties (inside the .zip). You can craft traps with their respective recipes. You aren't hurt by your own placed traps, you can disarm your own traps 100% of the time, and can always see your own traps. You can examine traps to see who placed them. Dispensers can place traps. Shears can disarm traps 100% of the time, but traps will never be salvaged.
- Hostile mobs are given a level from 1-5. Levels change how much health a mob has, and level 5 mobs will be given a blessing. Use the examine key to see if a mob has a blessing.
- Dungeons are 13 times more likely to gen, and above ground dungeon towers will gen with spawners and chests.
- Mystery potions have a small chance to drop from mobs, and spawn in dungeon chests. There are 13 in total, 12 to discover, and a 13th wildcard potion. Once you've drank one in a world, you will permanently know that potions ability! Combine with gunpowder to create splash mystery potions.
- Mystery Mushrooms gen around the world in pre-existing mushroom patches. They're given random colors per world, and each can make a specific mystery potions.
- Bows, axes, and swords get a random rank from 1-5 which influences it's max bonus damage on creation. Armor gets a random rank from 1-5 which influences it's max damage reduction.
- Fighting specific mobs and using specific weapon types provides bonuses to damage over time. You can check your progress with /creatureKnowledge [page] and /weaponKnowledge [page].
- You can also examine blocks and mobs to see their names.
- Configurable settings.
- 5 achievements.
(Still being filled, feel free to make an account and help out!)
Mod Review Playlist:
thanks to imaboy321!
This mod requires Forge! Then just drag this zip into the .minecraft/mods folder.
Please leave a comment if we are no longer compatible with the latest version of forge, or if there are any bugs in the mod!
This mod is open source! If you'd like to see how anything in this mod is done, you can find the GitHub here!
Like this mod?
Think about donating towards the development of this and any other projects I currently work on. All my mods and projects are completely self managed, and making sure they are as good as they can be is top priority! All donations are greatly appreciated!
Also check out these similar mods!
You may feel free to use this mod in a modpack, provided proper credit is given (i.e. Made by xFyreStorm), and you in no way claim to own this mod.
You can leave a reply here, send me a PM, email me at [email protected], or
follow me on Twitter! (@xFyreStorm)
I'll try to get back to you as soon as possible!
If you like this, be sure to check out my other Minecraft-related projects!
Title image made with Cool Text.