Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

1.6.2 Forge Installer -ERROR

error forge installer

  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1

Zambay
    Zambay

    Zombie Killer

  • Members
  • 187 posts
  • Location: T.DOT
  • Minecraft: Zimmer996
  • Xbox:Kashyyk

Posted 04 August 2013 - 10:45 PM

So I've wanted to install forge for some mods and when I open the forge installer
(with java) I get a cmd window that pops up for less than a second that says
"Error could not find or load main class C:Users/User/Desktop/Games/mods/minecraftforge-installer-1.6.2-9.10.0.804.jar

Which is where the forge jar file installer is, so what do I do to fix this?
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

#2

Biscuit0912
  • Location: Seventeen Hundred and One, Anno Domini
  • Minecraft: biscuit0912

Posted 04 August 2013 - 10:46 PM

View PostZambay, on 04 August 2013 - 10:45 PM, said:

So I've wanted to install forge for some mods and when I open the forge installer
(with java) I get a cmd window that pops up for less than a second that says
"Error could not find or load main class C:Users/User/Desktop/Games/mods/minecraftforge-installer-1.6.2-9.10.0.804.jar

Which is where the forge jar file installer is, so what do I do to fix this?

It may be corrupt, or you don't have the proper java. Also, this belongs on the minecraft forge website.

Check if you have java, and then ask them if nothing happens.

Posted Image

Want my attention? QUOTE ME


#3

Zambay
    Zambay

    Zombie Killer

  • Members
  • 187 posts
  • Location: T.DOT
  • Minecraft: Zimmer996
  • Xbox:Kashyyk

Posted 04 August 2013 - 10:55 PM

I have Java 7 Update 25, and  Java development kit, so I have java, can i have the link to post for java errors please?
Posted Image

#4

coolgboy
  • Location: Trying to install minecraft in my head
  • Minecraft: coolgboy
  • Xbox:Nope, PS3
  • PSN:not telling

Posted 04 August 2013 - 11:09 PM

View PostZambay, on 04 August 2013 - 10:45 PM, said:

So I've wanted to install forge for some mods and when I open the forge installer
(with java) I get a cmd window that pops up for less than a second that says
"Error could not find or load main class C:Users/User/Desktop/Games/mods/minecraftforge-installer-1.6.2-9.10.0.804.jar

Which is where the forge jar file installer is, so what do I do to fix this?
Hmm maybe try looking at Users/User/Desktop/Games/mods/minecraftforge-installer-1.6.2-9.10.0.804.jar
And see if it is there
P.S are you windows or mac?
I don't play minecraft, i just like it.
Posted Image
GENERATION 29: When you see this put it in your signature and add 1 to the generation.

#5

swankster69

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:38 PM

Same here when I try to open my forge installer with java it does not work and I have the newest brand of java because I have windows 8.
I have 2 accounts on my computer my first one java works fine my second one it won't.
If you have a solution contact me please at [email protected]

#6

coolgboy
  • Location: Trying to install minecraft in my head
  • Minecraft: coolgboy
  • Xbox:Nope, PS3
  • PSN:not telling

Posted 08 August 2013 - 11:40 PM

View PostZambay, on 04 August 2013 - 10:45 PM, said:

So I've wanted to install forge for some mods and when I open the forge installer
(with java) I get a cmd window that pops up for less than a second that says
"Error could not find or load main class C:Users/User/Desktop/Games/mods/minecraftforge-installer-1.6.2-9.10.0.804.jar

Which is where the forge jar file installer is, so what do I do to fix this?

View PostZambay, on 04 August 2013 - 10:55 PM, said:

I have Java 7 Update 25, and  Java development kit, so I have java, can i have the link to post for java errors please?

View Postaeaeiouuy, on 04 August 2013 - 11:09 PM, said:

Hmm maybe try looking at Users/User/Desktop/Games/mods/minecraftforge-installer-1.6.2-9.10.0.804.jar
And see if it is there
P.S are you windows or mac?
Aha! try going to Users/~/Desktop/Games/mods/
And put your downloaded file in (minecraftforge-installer-1.6.2-9.10.0.804.jar) and the ~ is username
I don't play minecraft, i just like it.
Posted Image
GENERATION 29: When you see this put it in your signature and add 1 to the generation.

#7

RedstoneSpider
  • Location: Nether
  • Minecraft: PoisonedSilver

Posted 09 August 2013 - 04:56 AM

I had this problem.  It appear there is a problem with my window environment Path variable, the file association for .jar or some combination.  To fix it, put the mincraft forge ,jar file on your desktop, start the command prompt, change the default directory to the desktop:

cd C:\Users\myname\Desktop

and use the following command to run the installation:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe" -jar c:\users\myname\desktop\minecraftforge-installer-1.6.2-9.10.0.804.jar

Substitute your account name for "myname"  this give windows explicit paths to the java executable and the .jar file.

#8

lionheart146

Posted 09 August 2013 - 10:42 AM

Trying with forge installer in one click: http://www.9minecraf...orge-installer/
This is ok

#9

Skittled
    Skittled

    Newly Spawned

  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 09:24 PM

I came across this topic while Googling for solutions for this exact problem. RedstoneSpider's solution worked for me, but later I read something on the Forge EAQ which is much more helpful. Using the jarfix recommended in the EAQ made the installer work for me again.

#10

FloatingWinter

Posted 27 February 2014 - 12:39 AM

View PostSkittled, on 25 August 2013 - 09:24 PM, said:

I came across this topic while Googling for solutions for this exact problem. RedstoneSpider's solution worked for me, but later I read something on the Forge EAQ which is much more helpful. Using the jarfix recommended in the EAQ made the installer work for me again.
I downloaded the jarfix, didn't work >.< Guess I gotta try RedtoneSpider's way then.