Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

How to make a redstone computer?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

TheBuilderOfEmpires

Posted 06 August 2013 - 07:17 PM

@ hardmuscle &overflown,
Sorry, I forgot one part of my post. I meant 8-bit+ computers with any kind of GRAPHICAL display. i.e redstone lamps since they have yet to be properly optimized.

My computer (quite old; new one in 2 weeks) can't handle a redstone lamp screen much more than about 16X16 without insane lag times. Probably the fault of a small GPU (think intel integrated graphics :-0) and a slow FSB speed, but all the same. i WILL have to say i'm somewhat dependent on Pistons, but only for small switching buses (i.e input switching). Otherwise mostly Torches and repeaters.

But this is getting off-topic. To the OP, without doing large amounts of research in to AND, OR, NOT binary logic gates and how they interact, half adders, full adders and the complicated bussing that actually occurs inside modern computers, your chances of making a functioning computer are nil. Not to mention to actually complete a computer (which I have not) with minimal frustration requires deep insight into the intricacies of Redstone construction. If you are devoted and understand what you are doing, i say go for it.

Register or log in to remove.

Hardmuscle
  • Minecraft: Hardmuscle

Posted 06 August 2013 - 07:27 PM

View PostTheBuilderOfEmpires, on 06 August 2013 - 07:17 PM, said:

@ hardmuscle &overflown,
Sorry, I forgot one part of my post. I meant 8-bit+ computers with any kind of GRAPHICAL display. i.e redstone lamps since they have yet to be properly optimized.

My computer (quite old; new one in 2 weeks) can't handle a redstone lamp screen much more than about 16X16 without insane lag times. Probably the fault of a small GPU (think intel integrated graphics :-0) and a slow FSB speed, but all the same. i WILL have to say i'm somewhat dependent on Pistons, but only for small switching buses (i.e input switching). Otherwise mostly Torches and repeaters.

But this is getting off-topic. To the OP, without doing large amounts of research in to AND, OR, NOT binary logic gates and how they interact, half adders, full adders and the complicated bussing that actually occurs inside modern computers, your chances of making a functioning computer are nil. Not to mention to actually complete a computer (which I have not) with minimal frustration requires deep insight into the intricacies of Redstone construction. If you are devoted and understand what you are doing, i say go for it.

It's all good and I totally hear you on the Redstone Lamps.. it's not your computer .. that lag is awful ..

Though combine some advanced randomization, with some working bits and pieces, on top of something like this and we are talking about some serious rearrangement of what's impossible on Minecraft.. Posted Image

(that's a bit huge though from experience with falling sand spawners. i think it could have been a lot smaller, though more tedious in terms of coding manually in nbtedit)
Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

tumblegamer
  • Minecraft: tumble1999
  • Xbox:camtrow

Posted Today, 01:02 PM

look at bennyscube
https://www.youtube....user/bennyscube
he has tutorials about it
[url=http://signaturecraft.us/][img]http://signaturecraft.us/serverstatus/eJxFikEOQDAUBfc9hRM0fqvKIaz0Am09IqHkK-cXkbCYzczkcw0LIvsxS5_BaTvkCqGMqY1wfyx68AUW3ZxeIRyY_ZwKeuaPaKuWGlURrNajNTEGGgBNZaDaqkbuaboBx94jkQ~~.png[/img][/url]