• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.5.2][Forge] AddMicro - a Forge Multipart helper (0.0.001)

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

zetaprime

Posted 02 August 2013 - 06:13 PM

AddMicro is a simple helper mod that gives more blocks microblocks from Forge Multipart.

Features:
- Automatically registers all stone types, cobble, bricks etc. from Underground Biomes
- Add any block type you want via a simple config option (just don't try Mystcraft crystal; FMP reeeeeally doesn't like that)
- By default, adds microblocks for note blocks, trapdoors and pistons (non-sticky)

More automatic mod support coming soon!

Installation: Just drop into your /mods/ folder; initial configuration will be generated upon first load.

(Any and all modpacks are free to distribute AddMicro; after all, that's kind of what it's for!)

Download Now

Register or log in to remove.

HavokEngine
  • Minecraft: HavokEngine

Posted 03 August 2013 - 01:48 AM

Sweet; adding this to my FTB setup.

RandomObj3ct
  • Minecraft: Random_Obj3ct

Posted 03 August 2013 - 02:13 AM

might want to put some screenshots up to prove this is legit and to stop the pics or no clicks people, just some pics of the underground biomes blocks as microblocks should do.

looks like a nice mod to cover for other mods until they add support themselves and after that there will always be mods that don't have support for microblocks.
"why didn't i do that? because that would make sense."

immibis
    immibis

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 965 posts
  • Minecraft: immibis

Posted 03 August 2013 - 12:40 PM

I like how everyone is getting Forge Multipart when Immibis's Microblocks has had this since forever.

thatsIch

Posted 03 August 2013 - 01:28 PM

View Postimmibis, on 03 August 2013 - 12:40 PM, said:

I like how everyone is getting Forge Multipart when Immibis's Microblocks has had this since forever.

cause its in FTB.. sadly..

Amorai
    Amorai

Zombie Killer

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 154 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 01:24 PM

I could be completely wrong, but I thought that Immibis micro-blocks did not provide an API to other mod authors to allow blocks to overlap their own. I thought it was more on the lines of RP2 micro-blocks that would require Immibis micro-blocks to be updated to properly interact with other mods. Such as IC2 wiring or BC3 pipes sharing the same block as a micro-block would need support within Immibis.

On the flip side, if someone updates the source of IC2 to make use of the Forge Multipart API, then IC2 can allow multi-blocks to share the same block space as their wiring. For BC, this eliminates the need for facades and micro-blocks can be used instead when support is added. This is all done without the need for Chicken Bones to edit or alter the API other than providing new functionality or bug fixes as needed.

If I am wrong and Immibis Microblocks did have an API - to realistically be supported by the Forge modding community, it should have had plans to be integrated with the Forge libraries.

I use Immibis Microblocks on my own little SMP server and like it. I haven't looked too much into it, but the default installation doesn't allow me to make snug fits against AE, BC or TE piping. This causes panels to stick out and not be flush with neighboring blocks. I was looking to make my own API myself and modify the BC source to show a proof of concept to other mod authors. But Chicken Bones beat me to the punch.

TheFireRodan

Posted 06 August 2013 - 08:16 PM

would anyone know how to just add block id's in normal multipart? direwolf20 said it was possible but i am unsure how.

My side mod resource pack thing

Original Pokemon battle cries for Pixelmon
Also:

Posted Image

theLumberjack

Posted 07 August 2013 - 03:01 AM

It doesnt regstister the stones from Underground Biomes for me, maybe because i dont use the default ids ?

t-master
    t-master

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 11:31 AM

Nevermind, this is most likely a issue of the MultiPart Mod itself.

Levy
    Levy

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 384 posts
  • Minecraft: Levy_Wilson

Posted 07 August 2013 - 10:50 PM

You apparently haven't tried to use Immibis's microblocks. They're ugly as hell when it comes to light. Given the choice, Multipart all the way.

zombiepig333
  • Minecraft: zombiepig333

Posted 07 August 2013 - 11:01 PM

View PostLevy, on 07 August 2013 - 10:50 PM, said:

You apparently haven't tried to use Immibis's microblocks. They're ugly as hell when it comes to light. Given the choice, Multipart all the way.

You do know that he is the mod author of immibis's microblocks, right?...
My website that I try and keep updated: http://zombiepig333.com/

Sibmer
    Sibmer

Carpenter

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 54 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 04:17 AM

On SMP, this caused a strange "End of Stream" error on login. (Using both .114 and latest .121 of Multipart)

It worked great in Single player. It might be that I added some bad blocks? (I took the auto-generated list from immibis's microblocks and added it to the AddMicro config, which seemed to work great.)

2013-08-08 21:48:56 [FINEST] [ForgeModLoader] Received valid FML login packet from /*********
2013-08-08 21:48:56 [INFO] [STDERR] java.lang.NullPointerException
2013-08-08 21:48:56 [INFO] [STDERR]     at net.minecraft.network.packet.Packet.func_73281_k(Packet.java:129)
2013-08-08 21:48:56 [INFO] [STDERR]     at net.minecraft.network.packet.Packet.func_73266_a(Packet.java:192)
2013-08-08 21:48:56 [INFO] [STDERR]     at net.minecraft.network.TcpConnection.func_74459_h(TcpConnection.java:204)
2013-08-08 21:48:56 [INFO] [STDERR]     at net.minecraft.network.TcpConnection.func_74451_d(TcpConnection.java:555)
2013-08-08 21:48:56 [INFO] [STDERR]     at net.minecraft.network.TcpWriterThread.run(SourceFile:115)
2013-08-08 21:48:56 [INFO] [Minecraft-Server] Sibmer [/********] lost connection

sadris
    sadris

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 374 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:54 PM

Doesn't seem to work with the Chisel mod. Can you add some more debugging print statements?

Malexion
    Malexion

Stuck at Home

• Members
  • 413 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 08:59 PM

Would slope blocks be within your reach something like crafting with a saw in the diagonal

SXX
XBX
XXX

With S being the saw and B being the block.

Slope blocks being: Posted Image

PyroPandaMan

Posted 01 September 2013 - 03:36 PM

I tried to use your mod, but it doesn't work for 1.5.2! FIX IT!!!

fridibs
    fridibs

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 04:17 PM

View PostPyroPandaMan, on 01 September 2013 - 03:36 PM, said:

I tried to use your mod, but it doesn't work for 1.5.2! FIX IT!!!
Yes it does i a using immibis microblocks for 1.5.2 and it works like a charm.

DNMCcolin

Posted 07 September 2013 - 03:16 PM

For a while Immibis shipped his mod with a config file that was messed up (there are dashes before all of the tile entity registry lines).

Azon_PL
    Azon_PL

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:02 PM

View PostMalexion, on 30 August 2013 - 08:59 PM, said:

Would slope blocks be within your reach something like crafting with a saw in the diagonal

SXX
XBX
XXX

Try Carpenter's Blocks
Posted Image

deFENCE_
    deFENCE_

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 199 posts
  • Location: Somewhere in ya house, creeping around. In 3 seconds I'm behind you (No, actually Germany :D)
  • Minecraft: MRebhan

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:49 PM

View PostMalexion, on 30 August 2013 - 08:59 PM, said:

SXX
XBX
XXX

Paint being painty...  lol
Posted Image
<UrMommy> Don't get mad at me!
<LilSon> i gotz diamon sord
UrMommy has been killed by LilSon
^I was bored.

EccentricMango

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:38 AM

AddMicro isn't able to add blocks from certain mods.  I'm no modding expert, but it seems that AddMicro is runs before some mods initialize their blocks.