Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.6.2] [WIP] Faithful 128x128 Pack

faithful resource pack texture pack 1.6.2 128x128 wip

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

DrRadical15

Posted 01 August 2013 - 07:08 PM

This is my Faithful 128x Pack, a 128x128 version of the default texture pack. Please notice that this is nowhere near complete, and I will work on it a lot more. (It's ~1% complete now).

I will be updating the resource pack as it I work on it, and I will work on it whenever.

Textures:

• Oak Wood Planks
  • Spruce Wood Planks
  • Birch Wood Planks
  • Jungle Wood Planks
  • Dandelion
  • Dirt
  • Grass Side
  • Grass Side Overlay
  • Grass Top

Screenshots:

Posted Image

Download!

Register or log in to remove.

CyrusOfSky
  • Minecraft: CyrusOfSky

Posted 01 August 2013 - 07:14 PM

Then don't post about it yet. To post in this forum, you need to have snapshots and a download link. Once you have those two, and some reasonable progress on your pack, then you can post your pack here.

lukeskywalkerdjo

Posted 02 August 2013 - 12:37 AM

Looks promising so far :)

CyrusOfSky
  • Minecraft: CyrusOfSky

Posted 02 August 2013 - 05:00 AM

Can I make a recommendation? There's more to making a faithful pack than upscaling a default texture, and applying a filter. You need to do a fair amount of repainting to the textures while maintaining the same style. The 32 and 64x either used filters sparingly or didn't use them at all.

For your wood, I'd suggest using some actual images of wood as a reference to see how to shade them, or even just looking at pixelated wood tiles on other art forums. The shading on the wood you have right now is rather blobby.

DrRadical15

Posted 02 August 2013 - 12:36 PM

View PostCyrusOfSky, on 02 August 2013 - 05:00 AM, said:

Can I make a recommendation? There's more to making a faithful pack than upscaling a default texture, and applying a filter. You need to do a fair amount of repainting to the textures while maintaining the same style. The 32 and 64x either used filters sparingly or didn't use them at all.

For your wood, I'd suggest using some actual images of wood as a reference to see how to shade them, or even just looking at pixelated wood tiles on other art forums. The shading on the wood you have right now is rather blobby.
I wanted the resource pack to look somewhat blobby, as if it were a vector image. The reason that I made this was actually partially because other faithful texture packs look bad with all the details. If you're looking for a 128x128 faithful texture pack with sharper images, you can see http://www.curse.com...thfulvenom-128x.

Crimsollite
  • Minecraft: Crimsollite

Posted 02 August 2013 - 01:46 PM

While it's fine that you want it to look blobby, upscaling the image and applying a filter is extremely lazy. Additionally, the textures don't tile at all, because you've simply filtered the textures on their own, with no modifications afterwards or even just applying the filter so that it tiles.

CopperCookie
  • Location: 01000010 01101001 01101110 01100001 01110010 01111001
  • Minecraft: CopperCookie

Posted 02 August 2013 - 01:54 PM

The tiling is very bad - so is the shading on grass.
This is how to make a cookie, add some wheat for dough. Take some chocolate, and some copper that is tough.
Then add some sugar, and you are almost done! But make sure to hide it from kids, or it will all be gone.
Now put it in the oven, make sure that it is warm. The cookie comes alive, but it doesn't mean no harm.
The dough becomes a figure, that is good and pure. But the only thing he wants to do, is simply to texture.

darksmoke11

Posted 02 August 2013 - 10:06 PM

WOW this is awesome keep working on it.

HiccupMines

Posted 04 August 2013 - 06:09 AM

Looks awesome so far! Posted Image
I can't wait! Keep up the good work!

Wightfang377
  • Minecraft: Wightfang377
  • Xbox:M39A SN1P3S

Posted 14 August 2013 - 03:11 PM

I wouldn't download it yet. But when its finished, Hell yeah

FailStoner
    FailStoner

Diamond Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 812 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 04:38 AM

I am pretty sure that you runned a filter because why does it tile this badly?

Posted Image

Rillian
    Rillian

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • Minecraft: xRILLIANx

Posted 15 August 2013 - 06:08 AM

View PostFailStoner, on 15 August 2013 - 04:38 AM, said:

He would have *ran* a filter through Photoshop (or Gimp), not *runned* one. Secondly, the textures don't tile badly. They simply look like a cheap edit of default textures, and thus are not well designed (being that they're ugly default ones that have had the paint daubs filter applied loosely in Adobe PS). But they tile just as well as default textures.

CopperCookie
  • Location: 01000010 01101001 01101110 01100001 01110010 01111001
  • Minecraft: CopperCookie

Posted 16 August 2013 - 02:52 PM

View PostRillian, on 15 August 2013 - 06:08 AM, said:

He would have *ran* a filter through Photoshop (or Gimp), not *runned* one. Secondly, the textures don't tile badly. They simply look like a cheap edit of default textures, and thus are not well designed (being that they're ugly default ones that have had the paint daubs filter applied loosely in Adobe PS). But they tile just as well as default textures.
Well, of course turining 16x textures into 128x ones add like...how many pixels more? 64 times more pixels? So there is more space for the pixels to tile badly. But yeah you do have a point there.
This is how to make a cookie, add some wheat for dough. Take some chocolate, and some copper that is tough.
Then add some sugar, and you are almost done! But make sure to hide it from kids, or it will all be gone.
Now put it in the oven, make sure that it is warm. The cookie comes alive, but it doesn't mean no harm.
The dough becomes a figure, that is good and pure. But the only thing he wants to do, is simply to texture.

MrMeep_x3
  • Minecraft: iTouch27
  • Xbox:Nope :/

Posted 02 September 2013 - 11:20 AM

I think this is getting awesome... HD 128x128 Faithful swords... That would be amazing! :)
Posted Image

LightsleepingBro

Posted 04 September 2013 - 06:06 PM

I can't wait for the 128x128 weapon on this resource pack!

Allen_The_Beast

Posted 08 September 2013 - 12:03 AM

Looks like it will be awesome! :D

patrain
    patrain

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Minecraft: patrain

Posted 12 September 2013 - 03:14 AM

this could go places....
Come join us at Wankercraft! We are a community of gamers from all disciplines!!!
www.wankercraft.org

KatanaGrizzly
  • Minecraft: siaba__m

Posted 13 September 2013 - 02:53 PM

if you made a cartoonish pack you shouldn't have name it faithfull

Join the sheep cult... or there will be baaaaad things in your future!

Posted Image

FailStoner
    FailStoner

Diamond Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 812 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 09:46 AM

View PostAllen_The_Beast, on 08 September 2013 - 12:03 AM, said:

Looks like it will be awesome! Posted Image
You can make that too!!! In 10 minutes!!! Really you can make it buy your self. If you try if your self you will get the same result too.
Posted Image

filmjolk
    filmjolk

Gold Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 421 posts
  • Minecraft: Filmjolk

Posted 14 September 2013 - 10:28 AM

you removed the shadows on the flower. You only did one color for the bud and one for the stalk. I think there are at least 2 colors for each in default. I like the wood grains you made, they follow the default line,Might I suggest some dithering between the colors since you are working in 128x you have more than enough space to pull that off, and it wont look as bad as gradients. So just paint with the default colors and blend them by dithering Posted Image That would make for a cool 128x

You ahve to get rid of the seams between the dirt blocks though and the grass seems awfully boring. And I don't know if I like the blur filter :/ But I do like the way you painted the wood grains and kept used the same pattern for every plank.