Herrete

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • Minecraft: Herrete

Posted 09 September 2011 - 12:05 AM

We completed Kaizo Caverns!

Spoiler:

The Mastery Monument took forever, we tried to dig a tunnel from the VM to the grass block, but we found a Bedrock barrier :<.

By the way,
Spoiler:

Register or log in to remove.

joehills

Posted 09 September 2011 - 12:46 AM

It took me an entire video, but I finally thought up a good name for the brick and glass enclosures that vechs now highlights the wool chests in.

stuntdude
  • Minecraft: stuntddude

Posted 09 September 2011 - 01:00 AM

So, Vechs, I'm making a CTM map, and I really want to make sure I'm not in any grey areas legally...

...Well, the problem is, I made the monuments(s), and I named the wool monument "The Monument of Accomplishment," so as not to copy the term "Victory Monument," but it looks, almost exactly like the original Victory Monument.

Posted Image

So I was wondering, is this okay with you, or should I change it to make it look less like the original Victory Monument?

View PostOmegaLambda, on 18 January 2012 - 10:40 PM, said:

With science, evidence comes before explanation. With religion, explanation comes before evidence.

TheFatBatOfDoom
  • Minecraft: It shall never be known

Posted 09 September 2011 - 01:07 AM

I love these maps cause i have 5 in my minecraft saves folder so if i die every ten seconds on one i can
die on a diffrent one instead =]
Posted Image

Finnxinsane247
  • Minecraft: Finnxinsane247

Posted 09 September 2011 - 02:13 AM

To vechz ( or vechs however you spell it ,
   take all the time you need to perfect super hostile 8. im guessing your postponing it until 1.8, (damn them delaying the release, i was looking forward to it). But anyway if it is at all possible for you, i challenge you to play super hostile 8 when you are done, and post videos of it for everyone to see you hopefuly dying in your own fires. and if you cant record yourself maybe do it in smp with some of your minions. and i do hope that # 8 is worthy of bieng called romhack, anyone who played legendary should think it doesnt get too difficult until the end. I want a real challenge. let me know if you consider attempting to conquer your own deathtrap.

D. B. Cooper

Posted 09 September 2011 - 02:22 AM

Playing the first map now. Amazing! Great work.
Posted Image

Mj64
    Mj64

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1389 posts
  • Minecraft: Mj64

Posted 09 September 2011 - 02:46 AM

View PostVechs, on 08 September 2011 - 05:13 PM, said:

Ohhh, that's a neat one.  I'll have to add it to my arsenal of trap designs.  Thanks!
i now have a new enemy lol... the landmine vechs
Anyone who calls themselves MLG is a MLA.

EthanBX360

Posted 09 September 2011 - 02:52 AM

I love your Linear Branching maps like Kaizo and Legendary, and I cannot wait for another one!

NoobieKills

Posted 09 September 2011 - 04:47 AM

Hi Vechs, I am a fan of your CTM maps, and I decided to make a CTM map!
I know, I think it's pretty simple, and it's my first CTM map.
http://www.minecraft...tmhostilecraft/
Posted Image

xerothomas
  • Minecraft: XeroThomas

Posted 09 September 2011 - 07:07 AM

View Poststuntdude, on 09 September 2011 - 01:00 AM, said:

So, Vechs, I'm making a CTM map, and I really want to make sure I'm not in any grey areas legally...

...Well, the problem is, I made the monuments(s), and I named the wool monument "The Monument of Accomplishment," so as not to copy the term "Victory Monument," but it looks, almost exactly like the original Victory Monument.

-snip-

So I was wondering, is this okay with you, or should I change it to make it look less like the original Victory Monument?
Coincidentally, I named my wool monument the Monument of Accomplishment as well, but mine looks like this:
Spoiler:
It's not exactly like the original VM, it's a bit smaller, and I like it. Maybe you can do something like this with yours too, or maybe divide the monument into two separate ones?
Posted Image

Drostan
    Drostan

Carpenter

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 07:14 AM

View Postxerothomas, on 09 September 2011 - 07:07 AM, said:

Coincidentally, I named my wool monument the Monument of Accomplishment as well, but mine looks like this:
Spoiler:
It's not exactly like the original VM, it's a bit smaller, and I like it. Maybe you can do something like this with yours too, or maybe divide the monument into two separate ones?

Vechs has a schematic for a completion monument in his post, and encourages people to make more Complete the Monument maps. In fact, he says to put the [CTM] tag in your posts.
For an evil bastard, he sure is nice.

xerothomas
  • Minecraft: XeroThomas

Posted 09 September 2011 - 07:38 AM

View PostDrostan, on 09 September 2011 - 07:14 AM, said:

Vechs has a schematic for a completion monument in his post, and encourages people to make more Complete the Monument maps. In fact, he says to put the [CTM] tag in your posts.
For an evil bastard, he sure is nice.
Hey, you're right. Looking through all of the schematics and not just the ones I have been using most of the time, I finally see the 'Wool Monument' schematic, and see that it looks exactly like the one I'm planning to use, with some minor changes. And I thought I was being original  :( Oh well, can't beat Vechs in terms of originality, I suppose.

And indeed, he can be really nice sometimes  :rolleyes:
Posted Image

Cranica
    Cranica

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 10:00 AM

Personally, I theme the Monuments along with the map - my cave map has lapis, glowstone, obsidian, and stone slabs, but my island map uses water, sandstone, etc. Play around with designs, your player will spend a lot of time at the VM, make it look nice!
Posted Image

Karilyn
    Karilyn

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 10:59 AM

View Postjoehills, on 09 September 2011 - 12:46 AM, said:

It took me an entire video, but I finally thought up a good name for the brick and glass enclosures that vechs now highlights the wool chests in.

Spoiler:
Hnnnnng, I really need to get around to beating Infernal Sky II so that I can watch your Let's Play without being spoiled.

EDIT:  These maps can be up to 20% more difficult if your texture pack uses the same texture for sand and the top of sandstone blocks.  I really need to change that... or make my gravel look like stone too!
You feel a black wind blow through you.

darkmega
    darkmega

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 628 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 01:08 PM

I played one on on with my friend on the multiplayer super hostile and I did an "epic win denied" move on him. >=D

I rigged up a TNT cannon after I got my green wool, cause he had run forward for some exploration and found the blue wool and exploded his green wool without having to move myself to his place. I actually used the TNT from all the traps I had disarmed on my side to be able to do so. then he raged and went and crossed to my place and TNT'd my base like a creeper and so we rage quitted. it was fun. we never got the go to the lava area though, cause by then cause I epic win denied him with my TNT cannon we felt like playing around with redstone on a flat map.

Xtremekiwi
  • Minecraft: Xtremekiwi
  • Xbox:Don't have an Xbox.

Posted 09 September 2011 - 03:00 PM

Infernal Sky II 1.0 progress.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Posted Image
I hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate HATE skeletons!

Vechs
    Vechs

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1967 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 05:11 PM

View Poststuntdude, on 09 September 2011 - 01:00 AM, said:

Posted Image

You're good. :)

The only two things I ask is for people not to use the phrases "Super Hostile" or "Victory Monument".  Hope you get a lot of downloads!
Posted Image

joehills

Posted 09 September 2011 - 05:55 PM

View PostVechs, on 09 September 2011 - 05:11 PM, said:

You're good. :)

The only two things I ask is for people not to use the phrases "Super Hostile" or "Victory Monument".  Hope you get a lot of downloads!

You CAN use the phrase "Fleecy Box" to describe the brick and glass enclosures that contain wool chests.

Fangride
    Fangride

Meowderator

• Sectional Moderator
  • 3973 posts
  • Minecraft: Maridiem

Posted 09 September 2011 - 06:01 PM

View Postjoehills, on 09 September 2011 - 05:55 PM, said:

You CAN use the phrase "Fleecy Box" to describe the brick and glass enclosures that contain wool chests.

Your video was a riot :P I love the name too :3
Posted Image

Vechs
    Vechs

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1967 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 06:35 PM

View Postjoehills, on 09 September 2011 - 05:55 PM, said:

I find myself being somewhat partial to "Woolrus" and "Wooliseum".

:)

Seriously though.  Woolrus.  #8.  It's going to happen.
Posted Image