Latest News Article

[CTM][Collection] Vechs' SUPER HOSTILE Series

ctm

• Please log in to reply
61083 replies to this topic

Interion864

Posted 08 April 2014 - 11:14 AM

View PostBaked_Applez, on 06 April 2014 - 08:13 PM, said:

However, I think the real reason for him leaving is the harsh criticism and hate he got from Inferno Mines--- he was too used to getting praise for his maps that it came as a shock when Inferno Mines was met with bad responses. I think the pressure laid on him for the standards helped the way, but I think that was the primary reason, not told to the general public of the community for obvious reasons.

You are not in a position to provide speculation on a topic people don't exactly like discussing, especially since it brings up another topic people don't like discussing, as well as the lack of available evidence to support your stance.

View PostBaked_Applez, on 07 April 2014 - 12:45 PM, said:

I guess I should've worded it better, because I was wrong in generalizing the whole thread as thinking that way. Just most people. Sorry. I'll edit it.

I'm sorry? Suddenly the CTM Community thread is a bad place?

EDIT: They should link the video in the disclaimer in case anyone wants to know the reasons why Vechs is gone (for the time being, at least).
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Baked_Applez
  • Minecraft: Baked_Applez
  • Xbox:Darkworldxl

Posted 08 April 2014 - 04:10 PM

View PostZap_12100, on 08 April 2014 - 04:44 AM, said:

"most people"

Could you please tell me where "most people" said this? An exact quote? Changing the statement from "everyone" to "the majority" is still throwing people under the bus when they haven't been proven to say such a thing.

I'm sorry if I come off as overzealous about this, but I administrate the thread so I feel a certain duty to protect the reputation of the people who visit it from falsities. We're not all evil just because we talk about things in a different thread.
No, it's fine, I've been recklessly saying things that should've been thought through a lot before posting. The thing that happened was Infamy throwing me under the bus when I asked what the current discussion was--- still a bit butthurt after that, not gonna try and say otherwise, but it was annoying and it fit into the context of his comment quite well and he was responded to fine. Alright, I'll say about 65% of the people who responded to the argument were like that. When I said "most people", I really meant to say most people who addressed the argument. Sorry.

View PostInterion864, on 08 April 2014 - 11:14 AM, said:

You are not in a position to provide speculation on a topic people don't exactly like discussing, especially since it brings up another topic people don't like discussing, as well as the lack of available evidence to support your stance.
I'm allowed to provide speculation on anything I want, just as it's made clear that it's speculation. I wasn't saying it was true, I was saying it was a theory of mine. It just kind of fits--- as far as bringing up a past argument, I apologize, that was not my intention. I was simply saying that that might've been something to consider if you are ever in need of more information about why he left--- not to spark a fire.

View PostInterion864, on 08 April 2014 - 11:14 AM, said:

I'm sorry? Suddenly the CTM Community thread is a bad place?
I don't think I ever said that, but I explained it better in the above post directed to Zap. Read that if you want to know what I really meant, but I'm not saying that the thread is a bad place, it's actually quite useful. I use it daily to see what new CTM maps to play and put on my server, just some of the people in the community were rude to someone who said something similar to what the person I initially addressed was (hint: me).

Zap_12100
  • Minecraft: Zap_12100

Posted 09 April 2014 - 02:33 AM

View PostBaked_Applez, on 08 April 2014 - 04:10 PM, said:

No, it's fine, I've been recklessly saying things that should've been thought through a lot before posting. The thing that happened was Infamy throwing me under the bus when I asked what the current discussion was--- still a bit butthurt after that, not gonna try and say otherwise, but it was annoying and it fit into the context of his comment quite well and he was responded to fine. Alright, I'll say about 65% of the people who responded to the argument were like that. When I said "most people", I really meant to say most people who addressed the argument. Sorry.

Hey, it's all goods.

I guess some people are just more hostile than others, it's how we humans are.
Posted Image

ShareDVI
    ShareDVI

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 11:34 AM

Vechs releases his old Test World
What could be hidden there...

RandomUltimax
  • Minecraft: RandomUltimax
  • PSN:RandomUltimax

Posted 13 April 2014 - 11:36 AM

Lol, you should put a link to the pigderp challenge that you made for Zisteau! :)

Icelate
    Icelate

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1026 posts
  • Minecraft: Icelate

Posted 14 April 2014 - 08:03 PM

Hmm, surprised a bit people that are/were active on this topic are still here..

I still see sometimes the "constant fighting" in comments though between here and the CTM thread.. eh.

Good to see this place is actually still going.
Defeated CTM Maps: http://i.imgur.com/yBEowdw.png Youtube: ThatGuyThatChirps

jcranky
    jcranky

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • Minecraft: jcranky

Posted 14 April 2014 - 08:21 PM

So... I'm playing Kaizo Caverns, on Minecraft 1.6.4 - 1.7.x wouldn't work =(
If anyone is interested in seeing, I'm posting videos in may channel. Here is the playlist for Kaizo Caverns:

https://www.youtube....ELPpK_1OjB8uBWY

It is in portuguese, though :)
--------
JCranky Games -> http://youtube.com/jcrankygames

SirBrock
  • Minecraft: SirBrock97
  • Xbox:blows

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:18 PM

View PostShareDVI, on 13 April 2014 - 11:34 AM, said:

Vechs releases his old Test World
What could be hidden there...
It's not his old test world...

Interion864

Posted 15 April 2014 - 10:29 PM

View PostRandomUltimax, on 13 April 2014 - 11:36 AM, said:

Lol, you should put a link to the pigderp challenge that you made for Zisteau! :)

I still don't get the amount of people that don't read the disclaimer, and how they post here in an attempt to contact / flame / hate on / fanboy Vechs.
Posted Image

JsKingBoo
  • Minecraft: JsKingBoo

Posted 16 April 2014 - 02:30 AM

View PostIcelate, on 14 April 2014 - 08:03 PM, said:

Hmm, surprised a bit people that are/were active on this topic are still here..

I still see sometimes the "constant fighting" in comments though between here and the CTM thread.. eh.

Good to see this place is actually still going.

I mainly lurk now :S
My WIP custom spawners shop! [clicky]

Cyrelc
    Cyrelc

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 04:31 PM

My friends and I love Vech's Super Hostile maps. Vanilla minecraft on the other hand, has become simple in comparison to the wonderful complexity given by the new Feed The Beast Modpacks. We naturally figured that someone would begin to make superhostile maps in Feed the Beast, with tons of new tricks, traps and mobs available.

Well here it is, a map series going by: Feed The Beast - Lethal Injection. A series designed for those who just haven't quite gotten their recommended daily allotment of lethality.

Inspired by Vech's Super Hostile Complete The Monument Maps, this is the first set in Feed the Beast. Everything you love is still there: Find the wool, kill the mobs, stay alive. Only, well there are about a thousand new ways to die.

This first map was made using the Feed The Beast Unleashed pack and requires one mod to be disabled as it was completely unable to be balanced (see the readme file included). Other than that, stay alive as best you can.

I should note that very little FTB knowledge is required to play this map: simply exploring will teach you all you need to know.

Spoiler:

EDIT: Map currently unavailable

theAgamer11
  • Minecraft: theAgamer11

Posted 20 April 2014 - 05:25 PM

View PostCyrelc, on 20 April 2014 - 04:31 PM, said:

My friends and I love Vech's Super Hostile maps. Vanilla minecraft on the other hand, has become simple in comparison to the wonderful complexity given by the new Feed The Beast Modpacks. We naturally figured that someone would begin to make superhostile maps in Feed the Beast, with tons of new tricks, traps and mobs available.

Well here it is: Super Hostile: Feed The Beast.

Inspired by Vech's Super Hostile Complete The Monument Maps, this is the first set in Feed the Beast. Everything you love is still there: Find the wool, kill the mobs, stay alive. Only, well there are about a thousand new ways to die.

This first map was made using the Feed The Beast Unleashed pack and requires one mod to be disabled as it was completely unable to be balanced (see the readme file included). Other than that, stay alive as best you can.

I should note that very little FTB knowledge is required to play this map: simply exploring will teach you all you need to know.

Here's the link:

https://drive.google...dit?usp=sharing

Good luck!
Just so you know, the name Super Hostile is copyrighted so you'll have to come up with a new name. Also, a better place to post this would be here: http://www.minecraft...mmunity-thread/ That's where most of the CTM community hangs out now.
"Insert deep and thoughtful quote here."
  -theAgamer11

Cyrelc
    Cyrelc

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 05:57 PM

View PosttheAgamer11, on 20 April 2014 - 05:25 PM, said:

Just so you know, the name Super Hostile is copyrighted so you'll have to come up with a new name. Also, a better place to post this would be here: http://www.minecraft...mmunity-thread/ That's where most of the CTM community hangs out now.

Thanks for the heads up, I edited my post and moved it as you recommended. Hope that takes care of it!

444timothy

Posted 21 April 2014 - 11:28 AM

I gave up on Inferno Mines about six months ago so I'm going to try it again. This time however, I'm going to use the primitive mobs mod (i know this doesn't count as an official win) just to see how i am gonna end up (btw, going to post a screenshot-type lets play every few days to keep this thread active).

Spuun99
    Spuun99

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 04:36 PM

Why I Cant Break blocks in any of your maps?Posted Image

The_Surviv0r

Posted 21 April 2014 - 06:04 PM

I'm having a lot of fun in your maps Vechs! Hope you'll do more in the future along with Youtube!

View PostSpuun99, on 21 April 2014 - 04:36 PM, said:

Why I Cant Break blocks in any of your maps?Posted Image
You're probably in Adventure mode. Type /gamemode 0 in the chat to be back in Survival mode. You might need to put cheats on, do that by opening the game to LAN and selecting "cheats ON".

theAgamer11
  • Minecraft: theAgamer11

Posted 21 April 2014 - 10:30 PM

View PostThe_Surviv0r, on 21 April 2014 - 06:04 PM, said:

I'm having a lot of fun in your maps Vechs! Hope you'll do more in the future along with Youtube!
...because the disclaimer is just so hard to read...
"Insert deep and thoughtful quote here."
  -theAgamer11

JsKingBoo
  • Minecraft: JsKingBoo

Posted Yesterday, 02:05 AM

View PosttheAgamer11, on 21 April 2014 - 10:30 PM, said:

...because the disclaimer is just so hard to read...

Just tell them the old "he's inactive on this thread" or simply ignore him instead of responding with an annoyed comment.
My WIP custom spawners shop! [clicky]

Boyde712
    Boyde712

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 576 posts
  • Minecraft: Boyde712

Posted Yesterday, 02:29 AM

Well, I go off elsewhere for a few months and you guys start hatin' on each other.... kinda gives me the feels. ;_;
iz jus maep, y u haf to b maed?
Among other news, I STILL haven't finished my IM LP... it's been over a year now... almost there, I'm just terrified of taking on Eternal Battle. Would going back and raiding Lush Ruins for good loot be worthwhile? I lost most of my good stuff when I..... oh whatever I'll just link you guise <3:

So.... how about we all agree to disagree and go back to being a happy community that worships the Great One who changed the Minecraft mapping community forever? :D
Posted Image
SH maps beaten: Sea of Flame II, Infernal Sky II, Kaizo Caverns, Nightmare Realm, Sunburn Islands, Spellbound Caves, Waking Up and counting....

Zap_12100
  • Minecraft: Zap_12100

Posted Yesterday, 05:40 AM

View PostBoyde712, on 22 April 2014 - 02:29 AM, said:

So.... how about we all agree to disagree and go back to being a happy community that worships the Great One who changed the Minecraft mapping community forever? Posted Image

Oh man careful bro, you're asking for someone to rip you

View PostBoyde712, on 22 April 2014 - 02:29 AM, said:

Among other news, I STILL haven't finished my IM LP... it's been over a year now... almost there

Hey, don't feel too bad about taking over a year to finish an LP, mine is nearing two years old with four episodes published (and it's of Spellbound Caves no less! It just happens to be upside down). You'd be hard-pressed to progress slower than me :P
Posted Image