61084 replies to this topic

DjessNL
    DjessNL

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:47 PM

View PostRedstone_Fanatic, on 20 February 2013 - 06:01 PM, said:

So, um, I haven't been watching any IM Let's Plays whatsoever. I watched the first 2 or 3 of everyone's, and found it... boring. Amlup, Rosie and all of dem are awesome and so is the map and all but the videos just don't seem to be resonating with me. Am I a bad person?
I agree with this, and there are two LP's that I find enjoyable to watch atm: Rock and Joe. Especially Rock.

View PostCorpeh, on 20 February 2013 - 06:10 PM, said:

Anyone kind enough to give me some tips on my first CTM? I would like to get it out on beta pretty soon.
Title: Inhuman -Blinded by Fear
http://www.minecraft...ed-by-fear-wip/

Samples:
Spoiler:

Thanks in advance!
Looking REAL good! Keep it up!

View PostBoneHead777, on 20 February 2013 - 05:53 PM, said:

I have two things to say:
One regarding that mini-video posted by Rock earlier: Was that a Boomer? If yes, holy ­ are they OP.
And about mob stacking:
What about some fair mobstacks for a change?
Totem Zombie: Simply 5-10 Zombies stacked. For a twist, make the lower ones faster and the higher ones stronger.
Moving Dakka: Start with a very slow mob. What about a spider with slowness? It can climb, but not do anything else, really. Also give it negative Jump Boost. Then add skeletons as you wish. Basically that'd be a very slow moving piece of pain, with a little bit of Dakka (not enough though).
A Little Bit Painful: A creeper ridden by arrows. I'm unsure if it would work like I think, but if it does, you can have arrows shoot in random directions when the creeper explodes. And they fall straight down when he dies, so they block your way for a short time, if you just walk you get hit...
IT'S A TRAP!: Boat ridden by any invisible ranged mob. Perferrably a witch, you go near, potion just appears in front of you and a few seconds later it's IN YOUR FACE. This would probably only trick you once, afterwards you will be much more careful when approaching boats/minecarts
Actually... Let's just add random potions: Zombie ridden by invisible witch. The witch will randomly add some potion effects to the battle and can even sometimes heal the zombie when it throws a damage pot!
The Great Wall of NOPE: This one is made for Mazes with special walls. Basically you have any mob, stacked several times, and let it spawn all over the place (wide-area spawner). Give the bottom mob massive slowness, the higher up the faster they get (say, from slow 5 to speed 5 in a 11-Stack). In a wide area these would form a dangerous moving pillar/wall of doom. For some unfairness, make them electric fields (aka charged invisible creepers)
The out-of-ideas: Skeleton on top of a Pig with speed 20. Just because why not?

€: Well, this is #50000. At the moment. There are 3 off-topic posts above me sadly. Still, I got it Posted Image
And obligatory custom meme for this situation:
Spoiler:
Yes, I used the same meme template twice. Dealwithit
Creeper Assasins - Pretty much Creepers on Enderman.
Fire Cyclops - Giants with Ghast's on their heads. Yeah.
Witch Pack -A group of Witches just pasted together, but with lower health.
A Real Dragon- Enderdragon with Blazes inside it. If we're lucky. the Blaze won't be see-able thanks to the Dragons size and then we have le Fire Dragon. Finally.

Register or log in to remove.

cameron274
    cameron274

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 983 posts
  • Minecraft: cameron274

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:50 PM

View Postdragonsrule9, on 20 February 2013 - 09:32 PM, said:

Source or speculation?

(Are you stating this, and if so, what is your source? Or, are you speculating and want to start a conversation?)

Source! https://twitter.com/...301377818066944
Check me out on the YouTubes! I play CTM maps and stuff.
http://www.youtube.c...er/halfpixel274

YuriKahn
    YuriKahn

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1734 posts
  • Minecraft: YuriKahn

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:53 PM

On my quest to complete all the SH maps, WU beta shall next fall before my wrath. Because lolwhynot.

Or not. Well, NR I guess. Any starting tips? :S

View PostVechs, on 12 August 2012 - 09:30 PM, said:

Advance with courage and conviction.  Strike them down in the name of the God-Emperor and the Golden Throne of the Imperium.

rockenroll4life
  • Minecraft: rockenroll4life

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:02 PM

Inferno Mines Beta

Episode 7
Spoiler:

Posted Image
Special thanks to Axl Rosie for the sig.

Pieluvr
    Pieluvr

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1360 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:10 PM

Anyone kind enough to give me some tips on my first CTM? I would like to get it out on beta pretty soon.

Samples:
Spoiler:

Thanks in advance!
Is this even minecraft? But anyways, it looks awesome, just make another set of screenies with the default.
Every bloody CTM map series boasts that it's bigger, longer, and harder than other CTM series. It's almost as if it's a **** measuring contest. (bigger, longer, harder...)
Posted Image

Combak
    Combak

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1060 posts
  • Minecraft: Combak

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:17 PM

View PostKevstarSpillmaster, on 20 February 2013 - 05:56 PM, said:

As the consistent voice of reason in a din of chaos of the thread, it is only fitting that I, Kevstar Spillmaster, claim the 50,002nd post with the question that remains on everyone's lips:

How much slower can the beta testing possibly be?
It took Zisteau a few months to finish Legendary. Does that answer your question?

Samples:
Spoiler:

Thanks in advance!
Well... I was going to say that I didn't know how well this would go as a CTM map due to how it looked, but after looking at your thread it looks like it will be pretty good. From what I can see you've avoided Lethmyr Syndrome, so you're good to go.
My maps: http://www.minecraft...-map-by-combak/
You just lost the game.

wrightforce
  • Minecraft: wrightboy98

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:30 PM

View PostYuriKahn, on 20 February 2013 - 09:53 PM, said:

On my quest to complete all the SH maps, WU beta shall next fall before my wrath. Because lolwhynot.

At the beginning, make sure to...well, you'll find out.
Spoiler:

Posted Image

Redstone_Fanatic
  • Minecraft: Redstone_Fanatic

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:30 PM

The new mob(s) is/are obviously Pandas.

Assuming Dinnerbone actually finishes them.
Lana? Lana. Lana! ....LANAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...!
WHAT?!
Danger zone.

Pieluvr
    Pieluvr

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1360 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:38 PM

View PostRedstone_Fanatic, on 20 February 2013 - 10:30 PM, said:

The new mob(s) is/are obviously Pandas.

Assuming Dinnerbone actually finishes them.
No monkeys? Y U NO MONKEY! I wish Dinnerbone adds monkeys and hopefully, ponies!
Every bloody CTM map series boasts that it's bigger, longer, and harder than other CTM series. It's almost as if it's a **** measuring contest. (bigger, longer, harder...)
Posted Image

HighwayWizard
  • Minecraft: Fenrs

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:39 PM

I'd love an aggressive flying melee mob to be introduced in 1.6. Maybe somewhere between the size of a silverfish and a cave spider, with hit-and run AI tactics.

Or, actually. Cliff Racers. Just give me minecraftian Cliff Racers.
Spoiler:

(or a magic-wielding enemy, finally. Witches don't count because they don't use real magic.)
also their noses are creepy

Vechs
    Vechs

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1967 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:41 PM

Dinnerbone and I had a long discussion about monster types a few weeks ago.  Not going to give out much info here, but basically we went over all movement and attack types in the game, and what was missing.

Here are some missing things:

Movement:
- Hopper
- Burrower
- Stationary
- Special (monster only crawls on vines, a monster that only jumps from leaf block to leaf block, a ranged golem that can only move on rails, etc)

Attacks:
- flying melee
- burrow melee
- burrow ranged
- teleporting ranged

Burrowing enemies would have to be something to implement carefully -- possibly they'd be restricted to only dirt / sand / gravel.
Posted Image

Redstone_Fanatic
  • Minecraft: Redstone_Fanatic

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:47 PM

Obviously we need a Dino Dimension.
Lana? Lana. Lana! ....LANAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...!
WHAT?!
Danger zone.

Orange1095

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:52 PM

View PostVechs, on 20 February 2013 - 10:41 PM, said:

Dinnerbone and I had a long discussion about monster types a few weeks ago.  Not going to give out much info here, but basically we went over all movement and attack types in the game, and what was missing.

Here are some missing things:

Movement:
- Hopper
- Burrower
- Stationary
- Special (monster only crawls on vines, a monster that only jumps from leaf block to leaf block, a ranged golem that can only move on rails, etc)

Attacks:
- flying melee
- burrow melee
- burrow ranged
- teleporting ranged

Burrowing enemies would have to be something to implement carefully -- possibly they'd be restricted to only dirt / sand / gravel.

These all sound awesome! maybe the 'burrowing material' could be an NBT tag with a list of materials it can burrow in.

Also, for 'flying melee/ranged' how about Harpies. Humanoid bird people. This would allow them to carry custom gear like armour and weapons and have it show on the character (in regards to this, I want more mobs that can display armour).
Posted Image

JsKingBoo
  • Minecraft: JsKingBoo

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:47 PM

You can watch AbsolutePsychopath's speedrun and get a general idea of the layout of the map. Clever use of boats if you ask me.

My WIP custom spawners shop! [clicky]

haon7272w
    haon7272w

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1091 posts
  • Minecraft: It was hacked

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:21 AM

I have a feeling I want to go on a map spree like Yuri, and I can backdate Minecraft, so what ones should I do in terms of difficulty?

Cue Hybran giving me an organized list.
Biggest derp moment?  I once purposely walked into lava and thought I could survive...without armor on.

ThatOneGuy44
  • Minecraft: ThatOneGuy44

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:22 AM

Secure your island, branch out to the ribbons, and secure those as well. Get dirt and seeds from Forestmen when you can, food that's not zombleflesh will help you a lot.

ThatOneGuy44
  • Minecraft: ThatOneGuy44

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:30 AM

View Posthaon7272w, on 21 February 2013 - 12:21 AM, said:

I have a feeling I want to go on a map spree like Yuri, and I can backdate Minecraft, so what ones should I do in terms of difficulty?

Or cue Hybran ignoring you for sassing him xD I guess I'm not sure which he would do. In my eyes, the order ought to be something like this.

Infernal Sky II
Spellbound Caves
Sunburn Islands
Sea of Flame II
Kaizo Caverns
Lethamyr (the only reason this is so far down in the list is because of hardcore, and actually finding everything)
Black Desert II? I haven't played much of this map, I'm not really sure where it belongs in here.
Nightmare Realm
Waking Up
Legendary

I didn't include any of the side-SH (mini hostile, super-docile, pigget panic) but you could throw those in somewhere too.

YuriKahn
    YuriKahn

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1734 posts
  • Minecraft: YuriKahn

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:31 AM

View Posthaon7272w, on 21 February 2013 - 12:21 AM, said:

Don't backdate Minecraft, all maps are playable on 1.4.7.

BD 1 requires an infinite night machine to be built though, and NR might too.

And start with CC, it's very easy.
If you haven't beaten Kaizo however, do that.
(what have you done?)

View PostVechs, on 12 August 2012 - 09:30 PM, said:

Advance with courage and conviction.  Strike them down in the name of the God-Emperor and the Golden Throne of the Imperium.

Drago
    Drago

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1897 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:36 AM

Hey Vechs, someone just posted this in the CTM Community thread, and I thought you might be interested.

http://www.minecraft...enerating-tool/

It involves random generation of dungeons based on MCedit schematics, something I remember you were interested in when you were working on the SH Roguelike map. Anyway, just dropping this off here. :P

Come check out the Ultimate CTM Community thread to talk to me and other CTM mapmakers!

Posted Image

haon7272w
    haon7272w

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1091 posts
  • Minecraft: It was hacked

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:46 AM

View PostYuriKahn, on 21 February 2013 - 12:31 AM, said:

(what have you done?)

View PostYuriKahn, on 21 February 2013 - 12:31 AM, said:

(what have you done?)
I have beat only Infernal Sky II and Sunburn Islands before it was updated and added the Chars and Boomers and stuff.  Btw, how do you build an infinite night generator?  I am a serious noob at playing CTM's.
Biggest derp moment?  I once purposely walked into lava and thought I could survive...without armor on.