61069 replies to this topic

rockenroll4life
  • Minecraft: rockenroll4life

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:05 PM

Inferno Mines Beta

Episode 4
Spoiler:

Posted Image
Special thanks to Axl Rosie for the sig.

Register or log in to remove.

theAgamer11
  • Minecraft: theAgamer11

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:16 PM

I feel like bows have too few enchantments and are generally not very useful near the end of maps except for blazes and ghasts. I feel like there should be an enchantment that makes bows like they were in beta. It could be called Rapidfire and would cut the draw time to full draw into a quarter of the time. It should probably be pretty rare of an enchant.

Anyone else here think this would be a good idea?
"Insert deep and thoughtful quote here."
  -theAgamer11

yelkca_
    yelkca_

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 977 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:17 PM

Alright, I'm playing Nightmare Realm. I've got to say, I think the white wool was far too easy. In fact, even though the sign at the beginning suggested it would be harder, I felt like it was much easier than the beginning of Legendary. But IMO NR is much more fun.

Also, you only gave me one pair of man pance. And they wore out.

RIP Man Pance 2013-2013. :(

I sometimes do videos of the Minecraft!

http://youtube.com/yelkcaCTM

shaymin_rocks

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:21 PM

View PosttheAgamer11, on 14 February 2013 - 10:16 PM, said:

I feel like bows have too few enchantments and are generally not very useful near the end of maps except for blazes and ghasts. I feel like there should be an enchantment that makes bows like they were in beta. It could be called Rapidfire and would cut the draw time to full draw into a quarter of the time. It should probably be pretty rare of an enchant.

I agree, I kinda miss the way beta bows worked Posted Image
Edit: though I think it should be full on Rapidfire no drawback at all (maybe the enchant lowers the amount of damage that each arrow does?)
Double-De-Edit: Love your signature :)
This guy is pretty cool:
Posted Image
Hey! I like, run this... or something:
Posted Image

LastingGods
  • Minecraft: LastingGods

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:22 PM

I sort think it's cool but in Beta it required about 5 arrows to kill one mob, now it requires 3, and 1-2 shots if you got a decent Power enchantment, so it'd really just be a machine gun dropping everything in sight, so it's sort of good/bad idea, imo

I guess if it'd be a quarter of the time drawback it might be OK.
Posted Image

wrightforce
  • Minecraft: wrightboy98

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:24 PM

View PostBoneHead777, on 14 February 2013 - 09:46 PM, said:

Question: is it possible to create infinitely repiclating spawners? By my logic you have to limit it to a number of recursions, like for example you could have a structure like this (simplified)
#Original spawner -> spawns
##Spawner1 -> spawns
###Spawner2 -> spawns
etc.

and once you stop adding spawners in spawners in spawners you will end up with a "final spawner" doing nothing. Am i right? I hope I'm not. I want 100% self replicating spawners that have a 50% chance of spawning a mob and a 50% chance of spawning themselves. Infinitely. Stop them quick or they'll bury you. Is it possible or not?
€: Page get
Theoretically, it would be impossible to be infinite, but you could add enough recursions so that, for all intensive purposes, it would be infinite.  I don't think there would be a way to make a spawner spawn itself.  However, practically, I'm not sure if the game's engine could handle it.

I think that would be a cool enchantment.  If we also had an enchant that made the bow shoot every time it was fully charged, that would be quite a powerful combo.  Bows are certainly less helpful with a certain playstyle, but if you go through the areas by shooting every mob that has spawned then lighting up the spawners, they're obviously more helpful.  Also, I think they're more useful dealing with natural spawns than spawners.

View Postyelkca_, on 14 February 2013 - 10:17 PM, said:

Alright, I'm playing Nightmare Realm. I've got to say, I think the white wool was far too easy. In fact, even though the sign at the beginning suggested it would be harder, I felt like it was much easier than the beginning of Legendary. But IMO NR is much more fun.

Also, you only gave me one pair of man pance. And they wore out.

RIP Man Pance 2013-2013. Posted Image
The white wool of NR is really easy if you managed to retrieve TNT from the spawn house, and just bomb the top of it.  It's also not too hard if you conquer one of the outpost towers first and get a crap load of arrows to shoot the ghasts with.  A lot of NR is about conserving resources, if you can master that, you'll have a much easier time.  Also, figuring out clever tricks like the TNT dropping helps a lot.

Achievement Get:  Make a post Combak style.
Posted Image

HaxorViper
  • Minecraft: HaxorViper

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:44 PM

View Postrockenroll4life, on 14 February 2013 - 10:05 PM, said:

Inferno Mines Beta

Episode 4
Spoiler:
It is better to combine two perfect versions for an even more perfect version of the spider fang rather than combining an chipped and a perfect. Maybe you should go back and farm some FlameVenoms. (I haven't finished the video yet). Ed: Nvm, didn't notice the unbreaking level.
Ed: AMAZING DEATH AT THE END.

LastingGods
  • Minecraft: LastingGods

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:46 PM

New community question: Do you prefer random loot chests or custom mobs that drop 'custom' loot?
Posted Image

rockenroll4life
  • Minecraft: rockenroll4life

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:47 PM

View Posthaxorquazar, on 14 February 2013 - 10:44 PM, said:

It is better to combine two perfect versions for an even more perfect version of the spider fang rather than combining an chipped and a perfect. Maybe you should go back and farm some FlameVenoms. (I haven't finished the video yet).

Spoiler:

Posted Image
Special thanks to Axl Rosie for the sig.

ShufflinCreepur
  • Minecraft: Shuffle911
  • Xbox:HarpSeal911

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:03 PM

View PostLastingGods, on 14 February 2013 - 10:46 PM, said:

New community question: Do you prefer random loot chests or custom mobs that drop 'custom' loot?
I would have to choose random loot chests because chests can't kill you
Posted Image

Combak
    Combak

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1060 posts
  • Minecraft: Combak

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:06 PM

View Postwrightforce, on 14 February 2013 - 10:24 PM, said:

Achievement Get:  Make a post Combak style.
Op, op, oppa Combak style! :D

On the topic of recursive spawners: Can they be spawners for something other than pigs, or has that been changed as well?

View PostShufflinCreepur, on 14 February 2013 - 11:03 PM, said:

I would have to choose random loot chests because chests can't kill you
Tell that to a trapped chest plus turret combo.
My maps: http://www.minecraft...-map-by-combak/
You just lost the game.

yelkca_
    yelkca_

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 977 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:49 PM

View PostShufflinCreepur, on 14 February 2013 - 11:03 PM, said:

I would have to choose random loot chests because chests can't kill you.

Agreed.

I sometimes do videos of the Minecraft!

http://youtube.com/yelkcaCTM

user_1259045

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:52 PM

I'm more for custom enchanted books spawning in dungeons with special enchantments.
e.g. Overdraw, Rapidfire, Poison, etc.
(Dungeon loot is still useless Dinnerbone)
Completed maps: Sunburn Islands, Nightmare Realm, Uncharted Territory III, Inferno Mines (pending)
Currently playing: Infernal Sky II, The Fire Beneath

Currently playing: Terraria, Spelunky

shaymin_rocks

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:57 PM

View PostCombak, on 14 February 2013 - 11:06 PM, said:

On the topic of recursive spawners: Can they be spawners for something other than pigs, or has that been changed as well?
I believe that because of the new falling sand entities being able to store nbt data: yes.
This guy is pretty cool:
Posted Image
Hey! I like, run this... or something:
Posted Image

YuriKahn
    YuriKahn

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1734 posts
  • Minecraft: YuriKahn

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:59 PM

All I can think of is falling chests.

View PostVechs, on 12 August 2012 - 09:30 PM, said:

Advance with courage and conviction.  Strike them down in the name of the God-Emperor and the Golden Throne of the Imperium.

TheCakeisAlive

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:01 AM

In Vechs related news - He may soon be a Hero in Towns :) I mentioned it and the head Dev liked the idea, said he would add Vetches if Vetches asked. I just hope it happens, because it would be terribly amusing :D
Cakes can always be trusted. *Nodnod* If you're gullible...- Said HunterEris

Please only + me if I post something funny or informative.

I want to earn em, after all :)

Apollo9898
  • Minecraft: Apollo9898

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:29 AM

In other Vetches related news, Paulsoresjr threw a shoutout to him in his newest Man Vs. Minecraft video. :D
Posted Image

cameron274
    cameron274

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 983 posts
  • Minecraft: cameron274

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:35 AM

View Postwrightforce, on 14 February 2013 - 10:24 PM, said:

for all intensive purposes

HNNGH
"INTENTS AND" PURPOSES
NOT INTENSIVE
#grammarnazi
Check me out on the YouTubes! I play CTM maps and stuff.
http://www.youtube.c...er/halfpixel274

haon7272w
    haon7272w

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1091 posts
  • Minecraft: It was hacked

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:42 AM

View PostTheCakeisAlive, on 14 February 2013 - 08:39 PM, said:

Dinnerbone has tweeted that falling sand entities will be able to hold NBT data now! Vechs will finally be able to spawn spawners that spawn spawners, so that he can get spawners that spawn spawners to spawn spawners while he spawns spawners.

Also the spawners would sometimes spawn zombies. :-3
Understanding inception is easier than trying to make a decryption of that.
Biggest derp moment?  I once purposely walked into lava and thought I could survive...without armor on.

Vechs
    Vechs

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1967 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:44 AM

A spawner that has 3 possible spawns:

1) feesh block
2) feesh
3) a copy of the spawner itself

So it slowly spreads a feesh stone / feesh spawner nest across the map, like a Minecraft version of Terraria corruption.
Posted Image