Latest News Article

[CTM][Collection] Vechs' SUPER HOSTILE Series

ctm

• Please log in to reply
61083 replies to this topic

HarrisonJukebox
  • Minecraft: Wheatley303

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:37 PM

That isn't very good then, seeing that I happened to place my torches all in the spider part of the cave...
Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die.    -Mel Brooks

Register or log in to remove.

Zer0_Glyph

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:45 PM

View PostVechs, on 13 January 2013 - 11:12 PM, said:

Ummm.  Just tossing out a few things-- this is a simple suggestion, and you really didn't need to PM it to me-- PMing something to me doesn't make the suggestion hold any more weight than normal.  So there's that.

As for bugging Dinnerbone about it, I dunno.  It'd be cool, that's for sure.  But they've got a lot to work on right now as it is, so I'm not going to bring it up with him right now.  But, that is a neat idea to experiment with after they've gotten this round of content pushed out.

I don't think it would need to affect anything else on the monster -- I'd rather have manual control over all it's data.

Also keep in mind, Mojang tries to avoid just making monsters have bigger videogame numbers.  Behavioral changes are their favorite thing.
Hey Vechs, just wondering, what map are you going to work on after Inferno Mines? I have been looking at Fallen Kingdom and I am suddenly really interested to see how that turns out! Posted Image

Nukeplayer456
  • Minecraft: haydenhayden011
  • Xbox:I3 O 0x

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:46 PM

View PostVechs, on 13 January 2013 - 11:12 PM, said:

Vexed Native
v1.1

for Mountain Blade: Warband

by Vechs
Mountain Blade?

I like turtles.

HarrisonJukebox

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:59 PM

OK, up to the third tree now. Thanks for the creepers, Vechs :)

Now I'm boxed up with my chest and crafting table waiting for the night to end. Then maybe I'll make it to Intersection 1.

Second try is turning out somewhat well. Well, better than what happened before this.
Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die.    -Mel Brooks

Icelate
    Icelate

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1026 posts
  • Minecraft: Icelate

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:04 AM

View PostHarrison8347135, on 13 January 2013 - 11:59 PM, said:

OK, up to the third tree now. Thanks for the creepers, Vechs Posted Image

Now I'm boxed up with my chest and crafting table waiting for the night to end. Then maybe I'll make it to Intersection 1.

Second try is turning out somewhat well. Well, better than what happened before this.

You don't really have to tell us what entirely happened on your entire adventure in Legendary. Just die in it, and everyone is a bit more happy. Maybe not you, but sacrifices are made for good. :D
Defeated CTM Maps: http://i.imgur.com/yBEowdw.png Youtube: ThatGuyThatChirps

inferachnid
    inferachnid

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1002 posts
  • Minecraft: MINITANK

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:07 AM

View PostZer0_Glyph, on 13 January 2013 - 11:45 PM, said:

Hey Vechs, just wondering, what map are you going to work on after Inferno Mines? I have been looking at Fallen Kingdom and I am suddenly really interested to see how that turns out! Posted Image

Fallen Kingdom has been more or less abandoned. Vechs said he might do it someday, but the concept and making all those buildings are tired.

Also, this screenshot from Aftermath was pretty silly so I figured I'd share it. This was when I had leather armor and stone tools.

Posted Image
There ain't much left of the world these days. The gods have forsaken us, there's no denying that. But still you press on. For what? A chance to sift through the ashes one last time? The hope to one day be called a hero? Whatever your reason, you've got a lot of work to do. The corruption won't leave without a fight, so you better get started.

HarrisonJukebox

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:08 AM

View PostIcelate, on 14 January 2013 - 12:04 AM, said:

You don't really have to tell us what entirely happened on your entire adventure in Legendary. Just die in it, and everyone is a bit more happy. Maybe not you, but sacrifices are made for good. Posted Image

I just get some kind of urge when someone quotes something out of date, so I just put that. I thought it would be a bit more... tolerable. Maybe.

Oh god let it be tolerable

Combak
    Combak

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1060 posts
  • Minecraft: Combak

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:16 AM

View Postinferachnid, on 13 January 2013 - 10:34 PM, said:

We already can have cave spiders with 100 hearts. With that we could have .1 size cave spiders with 100 hearts.

Or, you know, something actually balanced.

Anyways, in mapmaking, I found that custom heads are useless. If I want a boss with some kind of monster face, I need to find a player with the monster face and hope they don't change their skin. Good luck with that.

I think it would be neat if there was some kind of feature that allowed us to assign skins to non existent usernames and use those in our maps. I don't know if this is possible, but it sure would be great.
Sort of like deviantArt's plz accounts, right?
... Almost no one is going to know what I the heck I'm talking about...

View PostHarrison8347135, on 13 January 2013 - 10:45 PM, said:

So, basically, Steves would be yet again possible?
Yep.

View PostStratMaster007, on 13 January 2013 - 11:18 PM, said:

So, Legendary II.

What if Vechs revamped Legendary.  Twice as high boundaries, new blocks(stone bricks, emeralds, redstone blocks, redstone lamps nether brick, etc), new mobs, tweaked traps, and a completely redone Nether area(just to keep us on our toes).  In fact, he could actually completely change most of the areas.

Or maybe I'm just describing Inferno Mines.

Vechs?  What do you think?
I think you're descibing Inferno Mines... Mostly. ;p

View PostHarrison8347135, on 13 January 2013 - 11:22 PM, said:

Didn't Vechs adjust the height in the 3.0 update? The water pillar seems rather higher.

EDIT: "3.0 - Support for Minecraft anvil format, additional random loot chest, now that I have control over biomes, I made the entire map Forest, so no more snow in the desert / lava areas.  Also no more snow setting off traps early..." This is what he meant by support for Anvil, right? Not just converting it?
Nope, he just converted it. That's actually harder than it sounds; the blocks at the very top of the map messed up the conversion a bit.
My maps: http://www.minecraft...-map-by-combak/
You just lost the game.

Zer0_Glyph

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:18 AM

View Postinferachnid, on 14 January 2013 - 12:07 AM, said:

Fallen Kingdom has been more or less abandoned. Vechs said he might do it someday, but the concept and making all those buildings are tired.

Also, this screenshot from Aftermath was pretty silly so I figured I'd share it. This was when I had leather armor and stone tools.

Posted Image
Oh... well that answers that question! :D

HarrisonJukebox

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:24 AM

I think Vechs is at a pretty big disadvantage with zombies and skeletons carrying enchanted items. It's possible to have an enchanted iron pick in the first few minutes, really.

Geechan
    Geechan

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 638 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:29 AM

Boom. Hybran and I have completed Canopy Carnage. For the 2nd'th time. Here is le' victory screenshots.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Posted Image
Geechan: Pro Stalker/CTM Veteran

wrightforce
  • Minecraft: wrightboy98

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:35 AM

View PostGeechan, on 14 January 2013 - 12:29 AM, said:

Boom. Hybran and I have completed Canopy Carnage. For the 2nd'th time. Here is le' victory screenshots.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
I'd be interested to know what's on those signs.
Posted Image

Icelate
    Icelate

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1026 posts
  • Minecraft: Icelate

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:40 AM

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

now do it again. nobody was looking.
Defeated CTM Maps: http://i.imgur.com/yBEowdw.png Youtube: ThatGuyThatChirps

Geechan
    Geechan

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 638 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:41 AM

View Postwrightforce, on 14 January 2013 - 12:35 AM, said:

Just some Joe Hills logic.
Posted Image
Geechan: Pro Stalker/CTM Veteran

Hybran
    Hybran

Glowstone Miner

• Members
  • 3661 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:41 AM

View Postwrightforce, on 14 January 2013 - 12:35 AM, said:

Mostly doom, fortress and Found in...

Posted Image

Garblahooga
  • Minecraft: Garblahooga

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:12 AM

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Congrats.

*applause*
Posted Image

LimitlessMC

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:20 AM

CC is such a fun map in 1.7, it is a pain to find stuff occasionaly though :/
"The only easy day was yesterday"

Bly
    Bly

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1618 posts
  • Minecraft: CommanderBly

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:33 AM

I tried CC in B1.7.  After about 27 minutes, I ragequit.  The biggest change, imo, is sprinting.  Walking everywhere is SO.  DANG.  SLOW.
Posted Image
CTM maps beaten: Sea of Flame II, Infernal Sky II, Kaizo Caverns, Black Desert, Legendary, Nightmare Realm, Sunburn Islands, Spellbound Caves, Lethamyr, Waking Up

Apollo9898
  • Minecraft: Apollo9898

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:57 AM

View PostStratMaster007, on 14 January 2013 - 01:33 AM, said:

Walking everywhere is SO.  DANG.  SLOW.

Amen to that.
Posted Image

Drago
    Drago

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1896 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:01 AM

View PostStratMaster007, on 14 January 2013 - 01:33 AM, said:

I tried CC in B1.7.  After about 27 minutes, I ragequit.  The biggest change, imo, is sprinting.  Walking everywhere is SO.  DANG.  SLOW.
Hmm.

Wonder what Hybs did before speed potions and sprinting...

Come check out the Ultimate CTM Community thread to talk to me and other CTM mapmakers!

Posted Image