61069 replies to this topic

Vechs
    Vechs

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1967 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:30 PM

View PostVynaNyx, on 10 January 2013 - 11:58 AM, said:

So I mentioned to you on twitter that I had a ton of questions, and you said to post them here. so here they are, you adorable rapscallion you.

1.)How did you decide the order of the wool on the monument? Was it a planned sort of thing, or just how it worked out?

It's ordered in the damage value data of the wools, counting upwards.  :)

2.) How often do you get to watch lets plays of your maps?

At this point, there are so many on YouTube I could watch one every day if I wanted.

3.) This ties in with the question above. Out of the lets plays you have watched, do you have a favorite death(s)? A favorite rage moment(s)?

Oh, too many to list.  Joe's recent freakout when he encounters a Zistykin.  Cleo freakout noises when on Legendary.  Zisteau dying in hilarious ways...  I love how he falls for the Minecart trap in Legendary.  :3

4.) Have you ever considered making a map for a mod?  When I ask this, what comes to my mind is a ctm map made for the ultrahardcore mod, as used by the Mindcrack group. Or if not a ctm map, then a custom pvp map for that mod. But are there any mods that you have map ideas for?

Nah, using custom blocks in MCedit is a pain, as they don't show up properly.

5.)When designing the look of the map, or certain areas, which do you find more fun, designing the landscapes or the buildings? Which give you the most trouble?

Landscapes for sure.  Curvy buildings are the most time consuming thing for me.

6.)If you have to choose one map, and you kinda do, which map that you have made so far is your favorite? Which is your least favorite?

Favorite so far: Probably Inferno Mines actually.  I have all kinds of new toys to use, and I love the way the map looks.   Most hated: Black Desert II.  I spent more time on that map trying to fix chunk errors and technical glitches than actually making areas and content.  It's left me with a bad taste for it, and I'm going to scrap it and start over with a fresh map file.

7.)Do you have any plans for another Super Docile map?

Not right meow.

8.) Not counting the soon to be redstone update, what feature or features that have been added do you think improve your maps? (Either in a technical design way or a more balanced to play way?)

Oh, the custom spawner data, definitely.

9.)One of my favorite maps is Legendary, partly because you had some areas that had small stories attached to them. To me, it gave that area a  uniqueness instead of just being another run to the wool. Do you have any plans on doing this again?

Yes, in Inferno Mines.

10.) Do you know who first coined the term "fleecy box?"

Joe Hills.

11.) Do you still love tacos?

Myuss.  Just had tacos last night for dinner.

12.) And just for fun, what's your favorite thing to drink on an average day?

This store-brand cola, called "Zero Cola".  I actually like it better than Coke or Pepsi.  Also that reminds me, I need more Cheerwine.

I know 12-ish questions aren't quite a ton...but I didn't want to be too much of a bother.  Thanks for even offering to read through them!

<3<3<3
--StainedSorrow (twitter)

You're welcome :D

http://www.youtube.com/user/vynanyx

View PostKevstarSpillmaster, on 10 January 2013 - 07:21 PM, said:

I however am your best critic. Hire me to yell at you all day and your maps will be good again.

Do you know what conveyance, avatar strength, and abnegation are?
lol srsly this guy
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Bly
    Bly

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1618 posts
  • Minecraft: CommanderBly

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:46 PM

View PostVechs, on 10 January 2013 - 07:30 PM, said:

It's left me with a bad taste for it, and I'm going to scrap it and start over with a fresh map file.
Woah.  So the Black Desert II beta we've come to know and hate love will no longer exist?

I'd better get downloading that then...
Posted Image
CTM maps beaten: Sea of Flame II, Infernal Sky II, Kaizo Caverns, Black Desert, Legendary, Nightmare Realm, Sunburn Islands, Spellbound Caves, Lethamyr, Waking Up

Vechs
    Vechs

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1967 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:50 PM

View PostStratMaster007, on 10 January 2013 - 07:46 PM, said:

Woah.  So the Black Desert II beta we've come to know and hate love will no longer exist?

I'd better get downloading that then...

It's going in my old versions folder, so no rush to DL.  It'll always be there.
Posted Image

Bly
    Bly

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1618 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:52 PM

View PostVechs, on 10 January 2013 - 07:50 PM, said:

Well, luckily, now I can play it without feeling like I'm spoiling myself!  Thanks Vechs!

EDIT:  Oh wow.  I need to start writing up my 1000th post.  Prepare for a wall of text.  Non-spoilered.  >:D
Posted Image
CTM maps beaten: Sea of Flame II, Infernal Sky II, Kaizo Caverns, Black Desert, Legendary, Nightmare Realm, Sunburn Islands, Spellbound Caves, Lethamyr, Waking Up

Redstone_Fanatic
  • Minecraft: Redstone_Fanatic

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:03 PM

View PostVechs, on 10 January 2013 - 07:50 PM, said:

Do you think you have a defined cause for most, if not all, of the problems so as to not muck up another attempt?
Lana? Lana. Lana! ....LANAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...!
WHAT?!
Danger zone.

Vechs
    Vechs

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1967 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:07 PM

View PostRedstone_Fanatic, on 10 January 2013 - 08:03 PM, said:

Do you think you have a defined cause for most, if not all, of the problems so as to not muck up another attempt?

Natural Minecraft structures not corrupting my map would be a nice place to start.
Posted Image

BoneHead777
    BoneHead777

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1060 posts
  • Minecraft: BoneHead777

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:21 PM

Btw, http://tinyurl.com/HillianFreakout now links to his freakout about the Zistykin
Posted Image

Bly
    Bly

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1618 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:25 PM

View PostVechs, on 10 January 2013 - 08:07 PM, said:

Natural Minecraft structures not corrupting my map would be a nice place to start.
Generate new world

World type: flatland

Customize: 1 layer 1 block thick: bedrock

Generate structures: off

Boom.
Posted Image

Drago
    Drago

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1885 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:27 PM

View PostBoneHead777, on 10 January 2013 - 08:21 PM, said:

Btw, http://tinyurl.com/HillianFreakout now links to his freakout about the Zistykin
I miss that series. :(

Come check out the Ultimate CTM Community thread to talk to me and other CTM mapmakers!

Posted Image

_Krose_
    _Krose_

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 828 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:33 PM

View PostVechs, on 10 January 2013 - 08:07 PM, said:

I have an idea of how you could fix the problem, but that would depend upon the basic world you use to construct your maps (or at least BD2)
It may be that you do one of the following:
1) Create a world in Mc and then wipe the slate clean in McEdit, filling everything with void.
2) Create a world in McEdit with custom co-ordinates so that 0,0 is not anywhere in the end-product.
Either of the above can lead to randomly generated minecraft stuff like villages and strongholds.

Nowadays, you can fiddle with the flatworld generation of worlds, either when creating the map in-game, or subsequently by using NbtEdit/ NbtExplorer. If you do this, and set the string to be 0;256x0, then you'll get an endless world of air in an ocean biome. If you do 0;7,250x1, then you'll get an endlessly generating world with 1 level of bedrock on the lowest level and 250 blocks of stone on top. In an ocean biome. Minecraft will not generate random structures such as mineshafts and strongholds etc unless you add that in to the string. This is the best way and is faultless.
Posted Image

Apollo9898
  • Minecraft: Apollo9898

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:54 PM

I personally liked the monster hunter concept in BD2, it'd be cool if that appeared again in a special map (by special map i mean something like Gift was)

View PostVechs, on 10 January 2013 - 07:30 PM, said:

Nothing right meow

Cat-astrophic Castle maybe?
Posted Image

Hybran
    Hybran

Glowstone Miner

• Members
  • 3661 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:56 PM

new BD2?

:DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

also, we are currently stuck in the middle of the ocean with no wood in the middle of the night near that base thing with the rail watching for ages until it's actually safe to go in.

aaaand that's where we called it quits.

Posted Image

com572
    com572

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 597 posts
  • Minecraft: com572

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:08 PM

View PostHybran, on 10 January 2013 - 08:56 PM, said:

new BD2?

:DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

also, we are currently stuck in the middle of the ocean with no wood in the middle of the night near that base thing with the rail watching for ages until it's actually safe to go in.

aaaand that's where we called it quits.
Sounds like you had a great time! <_<

Looking for a CTM map, you say? Just click on the banner and look no further!

Posted Image

Bly
    Bly

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1618 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:16 PM

I tried CC a couple months ago, but after swimming for ages, not finding anything, no sprinting, and ninja skelleys everywhere, I just gave up.  1.7 was hard.  :(
Posted Image

Hybran
    Hybran

Glowstone Miner

• Members
  • 3661 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:19 PM

Coastline basically snags you over half the wool

Then there's like green inland...

Posted Image

kamyu
    kamyu

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:24 PM

View PostFangride, on 10 January 2013 - 04:48 PM, said:

It was? o_O But it never broke either o_O

Yup.

*jumps in time machine

View PostVechs, on 05 June 2011 - 12:30 AM, said:

View Postkamyu, on 04 June 2011 - 11:20 PM, said:

Are all the gold relics on canopy carnage supposed to be so ridiculously op?

I mean, the tools are nice.  They just reduce a time sink (golden ax, you will be missed).  
However, the armor basically gives you god mode.  If you use it, it trivializes basically everything about the map that is supposed to be hard (although I'm tempted to pull the set out of storage for the red wool).

edit for explanation:

The relics just have their durability boosted way up.  This works fine for tools, but not for armor.  Damage reduction is a function of current durability over base durability.  So if you take some low base durability gold armor and edit its current durability really high, then you can end up with over 100% damage reduction rather easily (supposed to max at 80%).

Yes, you can actually go over 100% reduction.  This creates the ridiculous scenario where you actually get HEALED when you get hit.

Yes, but the overshield doesn't last forever.  In fact, from some LP's I've seen, when it does run out, it's usually at a hilariously bad time, and the player gets killed quite rapidly.  I don't think I'll change it, although I might remove some of the redundant pieces.  I know how the formula works. Posted Image

But it's hard to take the time to go back to previous maps when what you really want to do is keep working on new ones...

<.<

>.>

Posted Image

Apollo9898
  • Minecraft: Apollo9898

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:33 PM

Ok ya'll, it's been five minutes without a new comment...that's not right.

Anyways, I guess for compensation I'll ask a com-mu-nit-ee question.

Community Question: What is your favorite dungeon in a CTM map (doesn't have to be a Super Hostile map)

Also, realize when i say dungeon i mean a structure or cave-like thing that has a lot of spawners and monsters and traps, not an area in particular. For instance the stick castle is a dungeon, the area its located in is not, its a pretty forest island place that everyone loves.
Posted Image

Zap_12100
  • Minecraft: Zap_12100

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:35 PM

View PostStratMaster007, on 10 January 2013 - 04:21 PM, said:

WOAH.

Every Texture Pack ever just got borked.

Actually they're just fine, Jeb released a converter IIRC.

Also, they've completely killed off the whole stone slab. RIP
Posted Image

Combak
    Combak

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1060 posts
  • Minecraft: Combak

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:37 PM

View PostZap_12100, on 10 January 2013 - 10:35 PM, said:

Actually they're just fine, Jeb released a converter IIRC.

Also, they've completely killed off the whole stone slab. RIP
DINNERBONE!

GET YOUR BUTT OVER HERE!

Seriously though, can we get it as an offical block? Please!?
My maps: http://www.minecraft...-map-by-combak/
You just lost the game.

HarrisonJukebox
  • Minecraft: Wheatley303

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:48 PM

View PostApollo9898, on 10 January 2013 - 10:33 PM, said:

Ok ya'll, it's been five minutes without a new comment...that's not right.

Anyways, I guess for compensation I'll ask a com-mu-nit-ee question.

Community Question: What is your favorite dungeon in a CTM map (doesn't have to be a Super Hostile map)

Also, realize when i say dungeon i mean a structure or cave-like thing that has a lot of spawners and monsters and traps, not an area in particular. For instance the stick castle is a dungeon, the area its located in is not, its a pretty forest island place that everyone loves.

My favorite dungeon was Tacos. I love tacos, so why shouldn't I love Tacos?

OT: 1st post. Celebration time?
Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die.    -Mel Brooks