Register or log in to remove.

JCeetra1
    JCeetra1

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Minecraft: JCeetra1998

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:43 AM

Hey Vechs, I made a map... well, still making, but I'm almost done. It's CTM, like you wanted. I was wondering if you would want to playtest it before I release it to the public...? If not I asked JoeHills if he wanted to.
Oh, and before you ask, yes. It is based off of one of your maps, Spellbound Caves, although by the end you wouldn't be able to tell. And also I used some of your potion spawner schematics. Hope that's cool with you!

Pieluvr
    Pieluvr

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1360 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:02 AM

I doubt he would playtest your map. You should ask other people to play.
Every bloody CTM map series boasts that it's bigger, longer, and harder than other CTM series. It's almost as if it's a **** measuring contest. (bigger, longer, harder...)
Posted Image

ColdFusionGaming
  • Minecraft: ColdFusionGaming

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:36 AM

Meet King Painsquid.

Posted Image

Trust me, you do not want to mess with this thing. Hooray for custom Ghast fireball properties! :D
Posted Image

user_1259045

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:40 AM

View PostJCeetra1, on 27 December 2012 - 06:43 AM, said:

Hey Vechs, I made a map... well, still making, but I'm almost done. It's CTM, like you wanted. I was wondering if you would want to playtest it before I release it to the public...? If not I asked JoeHills if he wanted to.
Oh, and before you ask, yes. It is based off of one of your maps, Spellbound Caves, although by the end you wouldn't be able to tell. And also I used some of your potion spawner schematics. Hope that's cool with you!
I doubt Vechs will beta test your map - he's busy enough with working on Inferno Mines, he won't have time to fully play a whole new CTM map.
Completed maps: Sunburn Islands, Nightmare Realm, Uncharted Territory III, Inferno Mines (pending)
Currently playing: Infernal Sky II, The Fire Beneath

Currently playing: Terraria, Spelunky

Boyde712
    Boyde712

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 574 posts
  • Minecraft: Boyde712

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:26 AM

View PostColdFusionGaming, on 27 December 2012 - 08:36 AM, said:

Meet King Painsquid.

Posted Image

Trust me, you do not want to mess with this thing. Hooray for custom Ghast fireball properties! Posted Image
*shudders*
Posted Image
SH maps beaten: Sea of Flame II, Infernal Sky II, Kaizo Caverns, Nightmare Realm, Sunburn Islands, Spellbound Caves, Waking Up and counting....

tomjim2000
  • Minecraft: tomjim2000

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:29 AM

View PostWaterTipper, on 27 December 2012 - 06:05 AM, said:

"the filter"?
What filter?
Sethbling's create shops filter for MCEdit
Posted Image
Maps coming soon: Pokemon Platinum (Sinnoh), Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit.

Haurstra
    Haurstra

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:26 PM

Could the OP be able to mirror the links using mediafire? for the benefit of those, like me, who encounter invalid download links in fileswap. thanks!

BoneHead777
    BoneHead777

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1060 posts
  • Minecraft: BoneHead777

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:32 PM

View PostHaurstra, on 27 December 2012 - 12:26 PM, said:

Could the OP be able to mirror the links using mediafire? for the benefit of those, like me, who encounter invalid download links in fileswap. thanks!
Vechs has problems with mediafire. Just use a proxy (assuming you live in singapore like most people who have this error)
Posted Image

Boyde712
    Boyde712

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 574 posts
  • Minecraft: Boyde712

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:52 PM

View PostBoneHead777, on 27 December 2012 - 12:32 PM, said:

Vechs has problems with mediafire. Just use a proxy (assuming you live in singapore like most people who have this error)
I find Hotspot Shield to be a good one, if you don't mind a few banner ads. I've been using it for years, and it's hasn't given me an offensive or bogus ad once.
Posted Image
SH maps beaten: Sea of Flame II, Infernal Sky II, Kaizo Caverns, Nightmare Realm, Sunburn Islands, Spellbound Caves, Waking Up and counting....

Haurstra
    Haurstra

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:03 PM

View PostBoneHead777, on 27 December 2012 - 12:32 PM, said:

mm alright. and yeah i do live in singapore. how do you 'use a proxy' ? =/

WhiteKnight105
  • Minecraft: SenorPhilberto1
  • Xbox:SenorPhilberto1

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:12 PM

Currently, I'm working on an adventure-style map that uses the Monster Hunter style, but is much nicer and isn't CTM. Essentially, it's a survival map I created on a regularly generated MC world. I'm building a large city (using the CTM toolkit) with walls around it, which is where you spawn. Basically, you can settle down in the city (inhabited by villagers) and go out hunting for camps filled with "orcs"  (zombies with custom armor and weapons). Each orc has a zombie head as a helmet, with a 100% drop chance. If you take the orc heads back to the city you can trade them for emeralds to trade with the other villagers. The orcs spawn in camps and fortresses scattered throughout the map. Also, there will be size 15 slimes everywhere just because.
I used to be called SenorPhilberto1.

Inkognito_24

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:13 PM

When you're a firefox user you can use an add on called stealthy. It lets you use a proxy with a single click.

Haurstra
    Haurstra

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:22 PM

i managed to change my proxy. thanks bone for the advice. and inkognito, i've yet tried your methods! but thanks for the suggestion.

Eeriewolf

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:07 PM

View PostSenorPhilberto1, on 27 December 2012 - 02:12 PM, said:

Currently, I'm working on an adventure-style map that uses the Monster Hunter style, but is much nicer and isn't CTM. Essentially, it's a survival map I created on a regularly generated MC world. I'm building a large city (using the CTM toolkit) with walls around it, which is where you spawn. Basically, you can settle down in the city (inhabited by villagers) and go out hunting for camps filled with "orcs"  (zombies with custom armor and weapons). Each orc has a zombie head as a helmet, with a 100% drop chance. If you take the orc heads back to the city you can trade them for emeralds to trade with the other villagers. The orcs spawn in camps and fortresses scattered throughout the map. Also, there will be size 15 slimes everywhere just because.

Size 15 slimes, bad idea, may crash the game for some. Stupid idea, indeed. Other than that, it sounds cool. But you could do alot more than just orc-hunting. With the new spawner settings you could basically create a real RPG, just look at Hypixel's maps, they are linear but the same techniques could work similarly in Open-World.
Posted Image

theAgamer11
  • Minecraft: theAgamer11

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:37 PM

Got home late last night playing Risk with my extended family. (I lost Posted Image )

Anyway, I discovered that: random item + enchantable books + anvil (renaming) + item frames = good method for hidden loot
"Insert deep and thoughtful quote here."
  -theAgamer11

Hass_Harley
  • Minecraft: Hass_Harley

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:23 PM

View PosttheAgamer11, on 27 December 2012 - 03:37 PM, said:

Got home late last night playing Risk with my extended family. (I lost Posted Image )

Anyway, I discovered that: random item + enchantable books + anvil (renaming) + item frames = good method for hidden loot
Excuse me for a second...
*runs off and throws this all over the place in her upcoming maps*

theAgamer11
  • Minecraft: theAgamer11

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:42 PM

View PostHass_Harley, on 27 December 2012 - 04:23 PM, said:

Excuse me for a second...
*runs off and throws this all over the place in her upcoming maps*
I'm glad my random findings are useful. It's nice because item frames can fit in the same space as signs too.
"Insert deep and thoughtful quote here."
  -theAgamer11

YuriKahn
    YuriKahn

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1734 posts
  • Minecraft: YuriKahn

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:44 PM

View PosttheAgamer11, on 27 December 2012 - 03:37 PM, said:

People will always check.

Does this work? #45067

View PostVechs, on 12 August 2012 - 09:30 PM, said:

Advance with courage and conviction.  Strike them down in the name of the God-Emperor and the Golden Throne of the Imperium.

Combak
    Combak

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1060 posts
  • Minecraft: Combak

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:57 PM

View PosttripleEtripleO, on 27 December 2012 - 04:18 AM, said:

Hey vechs, can you try inventing a forcefield?
There already is one, although I only know that it worked in a pervious version of the game. If you get a bunch of minecarts spinning on a loop of tract, they act as a force field, repeliing all entities.

View PostColdFusionGaming, on 27 December 2012 - 08:36 AM, said:

Meet King Painsquid.

Posted Image

Trust me, you do not want to mess with this thing. Hooray for custom Ghast fireball properties! Posted Image
What size?
My maps: http://www.minecraft...-map-by-combak/
You just lost the game.